Ghost

Leech

Phantom

Chapter 12: Leech

As the battle raged on, Kitty and I had the pleasure of finding the mutant that was being used by the Government to make the cure. As simple as that sounded it was made even more complicated as members of the Brotherhood of mutants came after us, especially the humungous almost giant like man who simply ran at walls and they collapsed upon impact. Kitty carried on phasing through the walls easily before they came crashing down, I followed them from a safer distance completely invisible…boy was it so convenient now. Finally Kitty managed to phase the man through the floor as we regrouped and found the room the mutant was being held in. As we entered however I regained visibility…it shouldn't have happened I could stay invisible for hours on end.

"Hey what's going on?" I asked looking at myself; Kitty had reached the boy who was hiding at the side of the bed in the room.

"I don't know I can't phase!"

"It's my power, no mutations work around me." The boy explained, this was not good, that humungous guy was going to crash through here any minute now and we were sitting ducks.

"What are we going to do? That guy is going to come crashing through here any second now to get you and we can't phase you out through the walls!" I moaned looking around the room for any way that we could make our escape quick, but there was only one door and he was probably somewhere that we would run into him.

"Wait, if our powers don't work then his won't he just has to get close enough right?" Kitty asked the boy who nodded, so the plan was to sit and wait for the guy to find us and charge at us until he was a certain distance to the boy whose name we found out was Leech.

"There you are!" the guy boomed after breaking down the wall across from us, I hope to high heavens that this looney plan actually succeeds and we can leave this place safely. He charged at us and at the last second the three of us jumped out the way and left the guy to smash against the wall at full speed before falling to the floor unconscious.

"It actually worked!" I remarked astonished, and then began to laugh as I helped Kitty and Leech up off the floor. "I can't believe that actually worked!"

"Let's get back to the others before anyone else shows up." Kitty ordered we navigated the hallways without any trouble even with all the fighting going on, we made our way back to the team, where Storm ordered Kitty to take Leech up to the plane and me back to the frontline. "Good luck Claire!"

The battle was in its final stages now, there weren't many mutants coming at us anymore, a lot of them had been taken out by the cure that the soldiers had been firing, now it was time for the nitty gritty, we'd gotten Leech out and now we needed to get everyone out. But that wasn't going to be so easy, suddenly flaming cars were being fired at us…a lot harder to avoid. No doubt this was Pyro's role in the whole thing. Magneto setting up the targets and Pyro hitting them at us, I looked down the line Bobby was all the way at the other end now, while I was with Jubilee and Colossus, he was the one that could stop him, after all he could put out the flames. The cars stopped raining down on us, we popped up from where we were hidden behind several upturned vehicles, I spotted Bobby and John fighting, I was about to run over as I saw Bobby struggling, but Jubilee held me back.

"There is no way you can help him without getting yourself killed." She shouted quickly shocking a mutant who had broken the line before Piotr hit him over the head. "The best thing you can do is keep them from building up an attack and wasting his effort at clearing a way for us to leave, see look Beast and Wolverine are going to attack Magneto while he's alone."

I looked over towards where Magneto was and sure enough there was Wolverine on the ground pinned down due to his metal skeleton…was it adamantium that his skeleton was made from? And Beast making his way up to the two of them…he was going to 'cure' Magneto and it actually worked.

After that had finished I turned my attention back to Bobby and John, with my attention turned, Bobby had gotten the upper hand and had frozen his hands before he knocked him out. Bobby's entire body had become ice, now he was officially Iceman.

"Claire!" Jubilee yelled I turned to face her, she was pointing towards the centre of the island, there with long red hair stood a very odd looking Dr Grey, her eyes where pitch black and she had an extreme look of anger…then she raised her hands and things began to twirl around before disintegrating. I didn't think twice before leaping up and running down the line towards Bobby. "Claire, stop!"

"Bobby!" I yelled if we didn't get out of here soon, we wouldn't be getting out of here at all. Dr Grey was too powerful for anyone, she was destroying everything.

"Claire, help me carry him." Bobby shouted as he spotted me, by now he had reverted back from his icy body and was picking up John. I ran over to the pair of them and grabbed his torso while Bobby got his legs. "He better appreciate us saving his ass!"

"If he doesn't you can just beat him up again." I replied as we joined those fleeing towards the bridge. "Why is he so heavy?"

"Well his hands are still frozen maybe that's giving him some extra weight!" Bobby laughed making me smile, at least he was having to run backwards while watching objects and people be torn apart by Dr Grey, never had I imagined her to do such a thing, back at the Academy she cared for every one of the students, this was not the Dr Grey any of us knew.

We'd gotten a couple of metres up the bridge before we had to take a brief pause, both of us looking back towards the island as people swarmed either side of us running for their lives.

"Do you think the others are safe?" I asked as we moved out of the way of the oncoming people. Bobby looked back at the island briefly before looking back at me.

"I think they're safe, well I hope they are."

"Oh isn't that sweet." John groaned, we both looked down at him as he struggled to move his hands.

"Oh don't start, we saved your ass instead of theirs so bloody well make it count and don't be an ass about it!" I shouted both Bobby and John looked rather stunned at my rant. "Can you walk?"

"Yeah if you help me out." He answered motioning to his frozen hands I looked over at Bobby who simply helped him up to his feet before taking his arm and helping him walk. "You know you don't look half bad in leather."

"Leave it." Bobby grumbled momentarily letting go of John's arm and hitting the back of his head.

"Hey!" he grumbled obviously thinking of going to rub the back of his head however his hands still remained frozen. "Why can't you just unfreeze my hands?"

"Don't want you running off." We both replied he shook his head; we walked a couple more metres until everyone suddenly was stopping and turning around. The three of us turned back to see no vortex of impending doom…someone had stopped Dr Grey, more than likely Wolverine.

"It's over!" I exclaimed, we'd actually survived, well so far Bobby and I had, I really hope the others had to.

"Right come on we've got to find the others now."

"Hey guys!" the bubbly voice of Jubilee called, we turned round and there were Jubilee and Piotr stood together. All we needed now was Kitty and the rest of the X-Men alive and today had been a good day.

We found the others a little while later all in good health, not so happy to see John, but hey we were all safe and were heading back home together with a better world, for the minute anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Hope you have enjoyed thanks again for the support!