Ghost

Halloween Shopping

It had been over a week since I had started the Xavier Academy, over a week since meeting Jubilee and John and over a week since John had kissed me. I mean it was to get Joe to leave me alone but did it mean anything more? John certainly hadn't done more since that day. Anyway I digress, the subjects began to get a lot easier as I caught up thanks to Piotr and Jubilee, everyone was really nice (Except for a few and you know who I mean) Everyone could be themselves without being threatened for being a mutant. Mum and dad were none the wiser of Bobby and I being mutants, we sent the letters every week-end or emailed them, though neither of them really got the hang of emails or texts for that matter. They phoned from time to time on week-ends, when they could really, they tried to avoid the week knowing we would (they hoped) be studying all the time.

It was a day away from Halloween, which meant only one day to find something to wear for the Halloween ball and hopefully find a date, though Jubilee insisted that if we didn't get dates we'd all go as a group. Luckily it was the week-end so we were allowed to do whatever we wanted including going into New York city, there was only one rule - Do not use your mutant powers. I guess it's for the safety of the students after all those without powers think of us as freaks and could try and attack us.

Jubilee and I planned the shopping trip all week, as well as what we were going to wear for this ball. Everyone was going in costumes, the only problem is how much you dress up because:

a. you don't want to be the only one in an extravagant fancy dress costume

b. you don't want to go under dressed.

Basically you can't win either way unless you dress in group costumes for example a group of five people dressing up as the power rangers, or a group of 3 dressing up as the 3 musketeers. Anyway we planned this all out including back up outfits in case we couldn't get our first choice in outfit. The boys also decided to tag along, I'm not entirely sure why because I'm sure I heard Bobby said he had already knew what he was wearing to the ball. Probably something utterly creepy like what he usually wears for Halloween.

"Hey, what are you wearing for the ball?" John asked, we were all sat on a bus a couple of minutes outside of New York.

"We're going as Drusilla and Darla from Buffy. But if that doesn't work out then we'll go as…" Jubilee explained nudging me, to make me finish the answer. I looked away from the rain steamed window to John and the others.

"We're going as Jill and Claire from Resident Evil. And then if that doesn't work out we've got many other possibilities." I finished, John simply nodded as Jubilee clapped her hands together like a happy child.

"What are you going as?" Jubilee asked, John smirked at the two of us. What the hell is he going as?

"Simple, I'm going as The joker and Bobby is going as…" he chuckled a bit at the end of the sentence, this was becoming more intriguing. " Bobby is going as Mr Freeze."

Jubilee and I giggled at Bobby's choice in costume it suited him and his power so well. Another 10 minutes and we arrived in New York, it was around 11:30, so we decided we'd split up into two groups; the boys and the girls and then meet up back here at 1:00 and then go and find some place to eat lunch. Jubilee and I headed towards a fancy dress shop she had found over the internet I think it was called the Halloween adventure shop or something along those lines. She'd shown me the selection it was really good however I doubted whether they would have anything that we could throw together to make a Buffy costume, but then we had other options too. Let's be optimistic we would definitely get a costume that would be totally awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's notes: Hello! Sorry this is so short but I'm not entirely sure what I want Jubilee and Claire to dress up as for the Halloween ball…I may go with the vampires from Buffy but then I'm not entirely sure if you have any ideas could you let me know and any ideas for who Claire and Jubilee could go with to the ball that would also be much appreciated. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've had a bit of writer's block and exams and Christmas which reminds me. Happy new year! Hope you enjoyed! ^_^