Ghost

Enter Kitty!

With the Boys (John's P.O.V)

We'd already got the exact costumes we'd set out to buy within half an hour so we were going to go and check all the new releases in HMV. On our way there we saw a girl about our age, quite pretty with long dark brown hair that whipped in front of her hazel eyes as she ran full speed away from something, towards where we were stood. What she was running from came into view; a big group of people all the same age as us, they looked very angry maybe even a little bit fearful. But what had the girl done to get them so angry? I knew that the question was going to be answered soon, as she approached us she wasn't slowing down and that gave us little time to react and get out of her way. However she didn't need us to move as she just passed straight through us like a ghost, but she wasn't a ghost which only left one option. She was a mutant.

"Bobby did you just see that?" I asked, he nodded as we both simultaneously turned to see the fleeing back of the girl. I then turned back to the gang anger raging through me as yet again more people threatening mutants. Memories of my parents leaving me due to my abilities flooded into my head, though I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts.

"We should help her." Bobby whispered, I nodded and turned round setting off on a quick paced walk after the girl. We didn't want to draw attention to ourselves by simply legging after the girl and we didn't want to make the girl think we were part of the mob chasing after her.

We reached the top of the street, then took the right onto the next street, unfortunately the girl was not in sight. I looked back down the street in case she had gone the other way, but she was not visible that way either. Could she go straight through walls?

"Damn it." I said, we still searched for her down the street looking across the street to see if she'd crossed the road onto the other side and in shops in case she felt she could hide in them. As we walked down the street I spotted an ally, I nudged Bobby and we turned into the alleyway. She wasn't in view but that didn't mean she wasn't there. She could have hid behind the many trash cans that lined the narrow ally. There was a clang and one of the bins moved, it moved too much to be a rat. We'd found someone.

"Don't be afraid, we're here to help." Bobby said in a whisper but just loud enough for anyone in the ally to hear. The girl (if she was here) didn't show. Bobby looked at me and I shrugged I didn't know what to do or what to say.

"We know what you're goin through." I added, after saying that I'm sure I heard a female scoffing at the comment. From the far left of the ally the girl emerged, there was still fear in her eyes mixed with a bit of resentment and anger.

"I'm sure you do." she said sarcastically. "Here to beat me up again?"

I looked at her, she had a few bruises marring her face mixed with some healing cuts. I had to try and figure out a way of proving to the girl that we were on her side and we were going to help her, but also try not to draw attention from those on the main street who would announce the presence of us mutants to everyone including the mob that was chasing this girl. We Didn't want that.

I looked over at Bobby who had now withdrawn a bottle of water he had bought some minutes ago. Thank god for his quick thinking. He unscrewed the cap of the bottle and proceeded to pour some of the water out of the bottle it froze solid. The girl looked shocked at the newly formed ice, but then she looked seemingly unimpressed, why I don't know, it may have been cold for Autumn, but not too cold for water to freeze over.

"It's Autumn and its freezing in this ally. I'm sure that water froze because of the weather not you." she scoffed, she then looked at me expectantly as if I was about to do a magic trick or something like that. I took out my trusty lighter, flicked it open, took the flame into my left hand. I then made it into a small fireball. Her face told me everything she now believed us, as I extinguished the flame. We explained about the Xavier academy, her fearful eyes now were filled with hope as we explained it was a safe place for all mutants. I asked Bobby to see if the mob was anywhere in sight while I texted Jubilee to meet us back at the bus stop earlier than we planned. God I hope she doesn't have a fit at me for cutting her shopping spree short. We then made our way back to the stop quickly and discretely.

Back with the girls (Claire's P.O.V)

We Hadn't found a thing…well a few things that would make a great costume, but nothing we really wanted to go as…if it doesn't work out we could always go back and buy some of the things we saw. We were on our way to another store when Jubilee's phone began to ring, we stopped as she took it out of her bag. She looked at the text for a minute rolled her eyes and texted back.

"Who's it from?" I asked, she looked up as she put the phone back in her bag.

"John." she replied, "He wants us to meet back at the bus stop now.""I wonder why?" I questioned, she shook her head she was definitely annoyed.

"They've probably already got their costumes and everything." she answered, as we headed quickly back to the bus stop. I nodded they probably had got bored.

"Typical." she groaned, we had arrived at the bus stop and the boys weren't there. We had run for nothing. "He says to meet up now and he's not even here!"

"But they could be just round the corner and he may not have thought we'd rush to get here." I said trying to reason with her, she just shook her head.

"If I was him I would only text saying something like that if I was actually where I was supposed to meet up with people." she ranted, as she pulled out her phone and began texting rather frantically, before stuffing it back in her bag.

At that moment a group of people about our age came barging down the street looking very angry and it seemed that they were looking for someone…probably the person who pissed them off. They stopped by us.

"Hey! Have you seen a girl our age about your height with long dark brown hair." the person I assumed was the leader of the group asked angrily. I looked at Jubilee questioningly, I then remembered some stories I heard from some of the other students about how people use to gang up on them for being mutants. Hunting them down when they ran away, thinking back that happened to me, the whole school turned against me. I hoped this wasn't the case.

"No we haven't sorry." Jubilee replied, she looked a bit uneasy too probably thinking the exact same thing I was.

"Well if you do, come find us. That freak is ours!" he barked, storming off down the street the rest of the gang in pursuit.

Freak? Did they mean another mutant? Just as they left, John came running down the street a bit out of breath. He paused before motioning for us to follow him.

"What's up?" I asked concerned, did this have to do with the gang that had just passed us a while ago? But neither Bobby nor John matched the description of a girl with long dark hair.

"A girl…" he started, before Jubilee cut him off.

"With long dark brown hair, about our height and our age?" she asked, he nodded.

"Yeah how do you know?" he questioned, as we turned onto another street, where Bobby was stood with the exact girl who the gang had described.

"A group of angry people." I replied, he looked at the two of us as if he was concerned for us and a bit angry too.

"Did they harm either of you?" he questioned. I shook my head.

"No they just asked if we'd seen a girl. We then said no which they asked us if we saw her to tell them because as they put it 'that freak is our'" Jubilee answered anger flaring at the last sentence. "They make me so angry and sick at the same time.""Same." I added. We approached Bobby and the girl, the girl tried to hide herself behind Bobby obviously scared.

"Don't worry they're not going to hurt you." Bobby said reassuringly, the girl looked at us. I smiled warmly which seemed to calm her down. "They're like us.""Hi" Both Jubilee and I greeted.

"I'm Claire." I said, waving at her.

"And I'm Jubilation Lee but you can call me Jubilee everybody does." Jubilee greeted.

"I'm Kitty." she said shyly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's notes:

Okie dokie two chapters in one day yay! Still trying to think of what Jubilee and Claire could wear and I'm probably now going to have to think about what Kitty is going to wear. I was entirely sure how Kitty was found so I just made it up even if it isn't exactly like how she was found I think it works for this story…anyway I will be thinking up of what outfits everyone will wear and the Halloween ball I'm not entirely sure if Claire and John should become a couple at the ball or should it be round Christmas time? Tell me what you think…anyway hope you enjoyed! ^_^