Stories In Scars

Oh, For The Sake Of Pete Wentz

At Ryan’s house, I grab a Coke and sit on the sofa, with Ryan right beside me. In walked Jon and Brendon, with Spencer right behind them.

We all exchanged, “Hey”s, and they made themselves at home. It seems like they were here more than their own houses anyways.

Brendon said, “Pete called me. He said he was going to meet us here. He wanted to hear our ideas, or something.”

Right after Brendon finished his sentence, Pete came walking through the door. Pete Wentz. Yes, the one from Fall Out Boy. Wow.

“Ryan! Hey! Is that Grey chick here? You’ve been talking about her enough,” Pete bursts out.

Ryan just puts his head in his hands.

“That Grey chick would be me,” I say, raising my hand.

“Oops,” he says, grinning. “Do you guys have some food? I’m starving!”

“We were just about to order,” Spencer says.

After talking for a bit, Pete says, “Can I here your stuff, Grey? Since you’re going to be touring with them and all.”

“Sure.” I play a few songs, and Pete is sitting there with his mouth wide open.

“Isn’t she great?” Jon asks.

“Fuck yeah! God, Grey, you’re fucking amazing!” Pete exclaims.

“Um... Thanks,” I smile sheepishly. I was never one to take compliments well.

After being asked what all I play, I told him, and Pete just was, well, shocked to say the least.

I played another song for them, on piano. One that none of them, not even Ryan, had heard before.

“Damn you fairy tales.
There’s no Prince Charming,
To come and save me,
From this hell.”

I finished it, and quickly said, “But I’m not sure that’s how I feel anymore.”