Stories In Scars

Black and White: Photography and Memories

At the table, eating, we all started eating, and talking about tour. They gave my details. This tour would be long. About six months. It would start in Great Britain, and we’d work our way through Europe. From there, we’d go to Asia, and then Australia and New Zeland. We would then go through Canada, and then through the States.

That night, we decided on the name Black and White: Photographs and Memories for the 50s themed tour.

We also decided on the dancers they the guys had used for the Nothing Rhymes With Circus tour. They would be perfect.

After dinner, I served lava cakes. Everyone loved them, espiacally Brendon. He had seconds, and thirds.

Sitting on the sofa, after eating, we came up with a song list. I would play six songs for the opener. The boys would play some stuff from their first album, as well as some new songs. A mixture, so people wouldn’t get bored. They also wanted me to sing backup for them, as well as play keys, since their last keyboard player was busy. In the middle, Brendon and I would sing Summer Nights, from Grease, and somewhere towards the end, we would be singing another duet, which we didn’t pick out yet.

When Ryan and Brendon went into the kitchen, to go get something or other, Spencer talked to me.

He said, “Grey, this is getting really serious, isnt’ it? Between you and Ryan.”

“Yeah. I guess it is.”

“With you around, Ryan’s happier than he has been for a long time. A very long time. I can’t even remember when he was this happy. It’s a good thing.”

Spencer hugs me, and Ryan and Brendon came back into the living room with Monsters.

After Brendon, Spencer, and Jon left, it was just Pete, Ryan, and me.

Pete said to me, “So, have you been looking at labels? So you can get signed. I’m sure they’re all jumping at you.”

“Well, no. Not really. I was, for a while, but I need to find people to play with. When I was in Colorado, I was in this band, Life In Photographs, and we all got along great. I was on vocals, guitar and piano. Johnny played drums, Mike played bass, and Tyler played guitar. We played together great, but they weren’t serious about it. I’ve been trying to find people to play with just as good as that, since then. I don’t know how I’d be as a solo artist.”

“From what I’ve seen, you’re great. And it wasn’t even on stage. How do you feel about being signed as a solo artist?”

“I, I don’t know. I mean, it would be awesome,” I decide.

“Well, in that case, you have a label that really wants you. DECAYDANCE / Fueled By Ramen. I run DECAYDANCE. I want to sign you.”

“Yes!” I practically scream.

I gave Pete a huge hug.

“Well, I gotta go now. We’ll have a meeting, or something, sometime. Night Grey. Night Ry.”

I look at Ryan, grinning like an idiot. He just grins back, and kisses me.

“Oh, my, god. I can’t believe this is happening!” I tell him.

“It’s awesome.”

We get ready for bed, and get under the covers.

“I love you Ryan.”

“I love you too babe.”

I fall asleep, in my love’s arms, dreaming about what’s going to happen next.