Stories In Scars

I Made It Through The Wilderness

I woke up the next morning, just as I had fallen asleep: in Ryan’s arms. God, I could get used to this.

In the middle of my thoughts about tour, Ryan woke up.

“Good morning sweetie,” I told him.

“Good morning,” he said half asleep. I kissed him, and that seemed to perk him right up.

“What’cha doing today?” I ask him.

“The guys and I want to practice today. Change the songs up. We have a practice place not too far. Wanna come? Pete’s going to be there too.”

“Sure.”

So, we got up, got dressed, and headed to the guy’s practice spot. It was very warehouse-looking. But, it had everything you needed to practice.

Brendon and I did vocal warm ups together, singing Like A Virgin by Madonna. Then, we all sang Hit Me Baby One More Time.

Pete and I sat down at a card table with some folding chairs, when the boys were starting to play.

“I talked with the people at my label,” Pete said, practically shouting to be heard, “I want to get you signed before the tour. It took a lot of convincing them on my part for them to write you up a contract. Since they only saw you play on their phone. But I told them that you’re worth it. Sign on the dotted line.”

I did as I was told.

“Grey Julius, welcome. You are now a part of DECAYDANCE / Fueled By Ramen.”

I smiled and hugged Pete. It was a big hug. Hell, it was a fucking bear hug.

“God, I haven’t eaten yet. I’m fucking hungry. Want to order some Jimmy John’s?” Pete asks me.

“Fuck yeah.”

I got the guys’ orders and called them up. Soon, a delivery guy came. And damn, was that food good.

I told the guys my big news. They all were so happy for me, that I practically got squashed from all of the hugs!