Stories In Scars

Mixed Reactions and Salty Tears

After changing into our normal clothes, all of us went to go meet some fans. Ryan and I didn’t look at each other the whole time, because if we did, we both knew that we’d start crying. Again.

During the meet and greet, I got a mix of, “Congrats! Anything planned yet?” and, of course, “You’re such a bitch! I can’t believe Ryan’s marrying someone like you.”

I mostly tried to ignore the latter.

I heard a lot of comments toward Ryan that went something like this, “You know she’s just using you, right?”

Both Ryan and I left the meet and greet early and went to the bus.

The moment we stepped on the bus, Ryan and I looked into each other’s eyes and burst into tears.

“I-I-I--” Ryan stutterd.

“No. You’re not like that anymore. I just don’t want you going back there. I don’t want you to ever forget how wonderful you are.”

We sat on the sofa, in each other’s arms, crying.

After a long while, I whispered, “I love you more than you will ever know.”

“I love you. So much,” Ryan whispered back.

After kissing away each other’s tears, our lips connected.

Right then, the rest of the boys waltzed in the door.

“We were just heading to the bunks...” Spencer says, rushing Jon and Brendon to the back.

“That was... The best thing anyone’s ever done for me. I want you to know that, and never forget it,” Ryan said, tears forming again.

“Don’t you start again, or I will too,” I tell him, wiping his tears away.

“Brendon: you can come in now!” Ryan shouted.

Coming out of the bunks, Brendon said, “How did you know that I was listening by the door?”

“I’ve been on tour with you for too long.”

Jon and Spencer ran out of the bunks.

“That was amazing, Grey,” Brendon sang.

“Perfect! And a total suprise,” Spencer added.

Jon pouted, “I wish someone would do that for me...”

“You haven’t paid your dues with fucked up relationships yet!” Ryan said, jokingly.

“There was that one girl...” Jon protested.

“You’re still friends with her,” Ryan concluded.

“Oh yeah...”

“Let’s go get some foooooood!” Brendon shouted, “I’m starving over here!”

“Fine. Where to?” Spencer asked. “It’s almost two in the morning.”

“I dunno...”

So, we went out to go find some place.