Stories In Scars

Don't Take The Girl. But She's Gone Already?

We reached the airport, and boarded our flight to Dublin.

I sat next to Spencer, Ryan and Jon sat together, and Brendon sat by himself. Actually, he slept, not sat. The caffeine wore off. Hahaha...

Remembering what Spencer said the other night about the Michelle girl, I decided to ask him about her.

“So, you really liked Michelle, didn’t you?”

“Yeah,” he answered, sadly.

“When did you guys break up? Well, the last time you saw her, I mean.”

“Three years ago. We tried to stay in touch, but she said it was just too hard for her. Last I heard, was she found someone else. Another guy.”

“Oh, Spence, I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. I can’t do anything about it.”

“But you’ve dated since then, right?”

“Yeah. Off-again-on-again with Hayley. But, really, I don’t know. I still feel like something’s missing.”

“Well, she was your first love. Where did you say she lived again?”

“I didn’t. But, I think she now lives in St. Louis.”

Hmm... St. Louis. We had a show there when we go back to the states!

We talked a bit longer about everything and anything. About the wedding (which I had no clue about). About Panic!’s next album (which they had no clue about). About life in general (which we both had no clue about). Then we decided to pop a movie into my MacBook. Edward Scissorhands, baby!

When we got to Dublin, we headed straight to the hotel and out to eat.

As soon as we sat at the table, fans came over to us.

“Hi, I was just wondering,” the tall girl, about 15, said grinning, “if you could sign something for us?”

“Sure,” Brendon replied. He was always great with the fans.

“I really, really, really like your music,” the shorter one said. Boy, was she nervous!

“Oh, sweetie, why do you look so nervous?” I asked her.

“Because I am?”

“Who do I make this out for?” I hear Brendon ask.

“Oh, I’m Sinead, and she’s Chloe,” the taller one said.

“Well, you don’t need to be,” I tell Chloe. “They’re normal people. Well, they’re not normal, they’re slightly insane, but you know what I mean,” I tell her with a smile.

After that, she seemed to relax a bit.

“Are you two coming to the show tomorrow night?” Jon asks them.

“Of course! We’re going in the pit!” they both say excitedly.

We just laugh quietly. Well, not Brendon. He laughs loudly. But, that’s nothing new.

“Awesome. We’ll see you there then,” Spencer says with a smile.

“Bye!” they shout, going back to the table.

Well, that was painless.