Stories In Scars

A little scare can be good for the soul. Or not.

“I’m glad you could join us,” Sarah says, with a smile.

Ryan and I blush, smile at each other, and blush some more.

“So,” Sarah starts, “how is the tour going?”

“Just great,” Spencer said. “The kids have been great. Lots of fun.”

“Shows have been great,” Jon adds.

“Well, let’s go to The Phrase That Pays by The Academy Is...” Sarah says.

The guys and I, during the break, talk amoungst ourselves, since none of us really liked Sarah. When will this be over?

“And we’re back. So, now, I’m going to give you a choice between two things, and you have to decide. Quick,” Sarah says, ending her show, “Morning or night?”

“Night,” we all say in unison.

“M&Ms or Skittles?”

Jon said M&Ms, Spencer, Ryan and I said Skittles, and Brendon said both. He does love his sugar.

“Love or lust?”

“.....”

You could almost hear the crickets chirping.

“Next question,” Brendon says, trying not to show his annoyed state.

“DDR or Guitar Hero?”

“Guitar Hero,” Brendon and Spencer said.

“DDR,” Ryan and I said.

“Neither?” Jon says, not sure.

“Well,” Sarah says looking at us, “That’s all we have time for. Thanks for joining me today guys! Hopefully, I’ll see you again soon.”

“Bye. Thanks for having us. Bye,” we all say, rushing off the set.

Back on the bus, after grabbing a Red Bull or coffee, we all sat down on the couches.

“Wow. She was so...” Spencer started, but got cut off by Brendon.

“Bitchy,” he finishes.

“Yeah, that,” Spencer agrees.

“Anyways...” Ryan said, trying to change the subject.

“Fuck! We’re supposed to be at the airport now!” Spencer reminds us.

“Dammit. Well, we better get a move on!” I tell them.

----------

A while later, we arrived in London. On the plane, I ignored all of the guys, and wrote. I wrote and wrote and wrote, until I thought my hand was going to fall off. Oh, you’d like to read it?

“fuck.
i don’t know anymore.
it seemed perfect.
a perfect sonnet.
now... it’s gone.
nothing.
maybe...
just maybe...
it’ll appear again.”

A bit of what I wrote. Basically, that encompasses the whole ten pages I wrote in about ten lines.

On the bus, I started crying, and hard. Of course, it was in the living area, not in the bunks, so no one knew to leave me the fuck alone. Ryan came over and started to hold me.

“What’s wrong, honey?” he whispered in my ear.

“I just... I don’t know. Nothing. Everything. I just can’t...”

“Shh... It’s okay.”

“Dammit, Ryan! It’s not okay! I’m late. Two weeks.”

“What? Late for what?” he said, truely not knowing. I swear, guys can be so damn dense.

“My fucking period, you dumbass.”

“Oh.”

I looked into his eyes, and saw he was scared. Fucking scared.

“Ryan, I can’t do this. Not now. Since I finally told you... Let’s stop at a drugstore. I need to know,” I tell him.

“Sure thing.”

I retreated back to my bunk, where Spencer was waiting for me.

He said, “I overheard everything. It’s going to be okay. Do you want me to go buy the test for you?”

“Oh my god. You have no clue how thankful I am that you offered. I feel like I can barely walk. I don’t know if I could deal with buying one of those things right now.”

The bus stopped, and Spencer walked out. He came back to the bunks about ten minutes later with a bag full of pregnancy tests.

“What the hell!? Why do you have, oh, fifty of them!” I say, truely amused.

“Well, I didn’t know which brand was best, so I bought them all,” he said with a smile.

“Oh, just give one of the damn things to me.”

I peed on the little stick and waited the alotted time in my bunk with Spencer. Ryan was, somewhere, the other room, I guess.

Seemed like a fucking eternity, the time did. Finally, my phone beeped, and I looked at the stick.

“Oh. My. God.”