Stories In Scars

Everything Good Must Have An End.

We finish two other interviews, without Jon. No one really wanted to bother him, espicially not me.

I walk into the dressing room in whatever city we were in. I had too many other things on my mind than to worry about whatever fucking city we were in.

I get dressed, and wait for Ryan to do my makeup. He’s always so much better at that kind of stuff than I am, or ever will be for that matter.

He starts, and I confide in him, “Baby, I don’t know if I can do this.”

Ryan steps back, “What? What’s wrong?”

“In this past year or so, life’s been moving so fast. I move to a new city, I meet you, get signed, move in with you, am on a world tour, got pregnant, and terminated it. I just...” as the tears start to fall again.

He wraps me in his arms saying, “It’ll be okay. You can stop. You don’t have to perform anymore, honey. It’s okay. You can be on the first flight back to Vegas.”

I look up, makeup stains running down my cheeks, “Are you sure? I can’t just leave you all high and dry. And what about Jon? Who’s going to be your opener?”

“We’ll figure it out.”

“Are you sure. I really feel like I need time to figure this all out. I can work on writing back at home...”

“I agree. You’ve been through more than most people could ever imagine. I’m calling the airlines right now.”

I nod, and go over to the rest of the boys. “I’m going home. I can’t do this right now. I’m so sorry. I just... I can’t.”

They respond with a chorus of, “What? Okay...? You need to do what you need to do. We’ll miss you. C’mere and give me a hug!”

That night, I watch the show from backstage, taking it all in. What the hell did I think I was doing? Giving up such a good thing. Being confused, I decide to call a man who knows all about mass destruction of the mind, Pete.

“Hey Pete, it’s Grey.”

“Hey! What’s up?”

“I think I’m leaving the tour. That’s what’s up.”

“What?!”

“I can’t. I just can’t. Fuck, you of all people should understand.”

“I do, I do. You have been through a whole shitload of shit these past few months.” I always loved how Pete spoke so eloquently.

“Yeah. At home, I can start to reflect on it, instead of ignore it. Write. They’ve been asking me when I’ll be ready to record.”

“That’s a good idea. So, when you coming home?”

“Tonight. Ryan booked me a flight.”

“Okay, well, you call me if you need anything. I’m not that far away.”

“Thanks Pete. Really, you always make me feel better.”

“Aw, you’re too sweet Grey! I have to go now, but remember, you can always call. Bye!”

“Bye...”

The show finished, and the boys come to see me for one last time before the tour is over.

“I called a cab. It should be here soon,” I say.

“Okay...” They all chime.

I go over to Brendon and give him a hug, “Bye sweetie. I’m going to miss you and your horrible jokes.”

“Aw, I’m going to miss you and your amazing food”

“Bye Spence,” I say hugging him.

“Bye. If you need anything, anything at all, just call me.”

“Thanks.”

I go to say goodbye to Jon, but he just turns away. So, I move on.

“Bye Ryan.”

“Bye Grey.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I kiss him, for the first time in, it seems like, forever. And the last time, for a while.

“Are we still engaged?” I ask him.

“Only if you want.”

“I want it more than anything.”

I hug him and hop into the taxi, waving goodbye to everyone. Finally, when I can’t see them anymore, I turn around.

Suddenly my phone rings. It’s Ryan, so I answer.

I hear him singing, “Late last night, I heard the screen door swing, And a big yellow taxi took my girl away....”

------
A/N: Yes, this is the end. Maybe, if people are interested, I'll write a sequal later. I want to start a new story though, so message me and tell me what you think!
xo
Tori.Lim.