Stories In Scars

Play Your Heart Out And Hope For The Best

When we walked into Ryan’s living room, Brendon and Jon were already there.

“We wanna hear your music!!!” Brendon pleaded.

“Okay... Well, Ryan and Spencer heard one of my songs last night. You don’t really want to hear that again, so...” Grey trailed off.

“No!” Ryan said, “We’d love to hear it again. Or, I would.”

“Well, here goes nothing then...”

I finished up the song with, “I just couldn’t take the pain of feeling nothing,
The shotgun just took it all away.”

Ryan looked in my eyes and smiled. Jon had his mouth open. Brendon was sitting with wide-eyes.

“Well, that’s the one I did last night...”

“That was fucking awesome! I mean, not awesome that you had to be there to write it, but it’s amazing! Fucking amazing!” Brendon shared.

“Um, I agree with him,” Jon said pointing at Brendon.

I sang two more songs, one that dealt with abortion, which I have been through, and another having to do with my alcoholic father.

The boys all looked at each other. I started to get nervous.

“Why are you guys looking at each other like that?”

“Because you are amazing. Duh, Grey,” Brendon explained, rolling his eyes.

“You guys are thinking what I’m thinking, right?” Jon questioned.