Status: Slow update. Would love some more feedback

My Grim Reaper

All His Fingers Crossed;

Grim stumbled through the door, leaning against the wall for the support while a booted foot kicked the front door shut. He really shouldn't have gone. The boys at the garage wanted a couple beers after work and Grim knew he shouldn't have. Despite himself saying; I won't go. I'm going home to have dinner with her. He still went. And he went overboard every time. Probably not the smartest thing. The thought whirled along with the rest of his head.

Even the guys told him to stop- that was half way through until he actually had his fill of alcohol. That included the beers, and the couple- maybe 5? Shots of vodka.

"Melly?" He yelled through heavy lips. "Yo, babe!"

Tripping over shoes, he noticed through the lag they were her shoes in his way that almost killed him.

"Shit. Damn it all! Mel, don't leave your fucking shoes in the damn walkway."

He bent over, which he knew was a bad idea for nausea soon followed as he straightened with a pair of shows in his grasp. Pitching the shoes- he aimed right through the doorway and into the living room where he knew she's be. He needed to get his point across to her.

"Keep your shoes out of the way." He growled through gritted teeth- the shoes flew right straight through and with a violent crash- he heard a picture fall from the wall and break.

He dragged himself to the living room where he stood staring at Melanie half naked lying on the couch.

"You know- you shouldn't dress like a fucking whore. What if I was some rapist breaking in? The creep wouldn't be able to resist." He sneered. "We wouldn't want that to happen." The murmur made the statement seem crueler.

Melanie shrank back into the couch as he towered over her. Tears already forming in those eyes.

Grim's fist came down to grab a clump of hair to tug her up by- causing her to yelp in pain. Paying no mind, he guided the tiny girl to the walk where he pushed her face against the wall. The impact causing frames to rattle- frames carrying the memories of adventures the two of them had. Capturing happy moments that never lasted.

The ride of hell was beginning, they both knew.

He knew- but wasn't stopping. It was sick he wasn't stopping the ride- it was disgusting he knew he wasn't stopping it.

"Be more careful next time babe." He whispered into her ear, trying to sound kind but coming off more like a wild bullet.

"Grim- p-please." Melanie sobbed knowing what was to come, "Tell me what I'm doing wrong."

He didn't have an answer- and with that absence he went in rage. What was she doing wrong? A little voice in him answered. Nothing. That pissed him off more. Jerking her around to face him he roughly took her face into his hands. It was beautiful.

Was he a monster?

The drunken rage shook off the nagging question and took control. Hair still in one fist, he took his other and let it loose in its fury. He never got to count how many times he hit her- never noticed how hard. But, at some point her lip was cut, bleeding now along with her nose. The blood mixed with tears and snot as her eyes were sewn shut against the horror.

"You're pathetic!" He hissed, at a lost, he had nothing to say. To blame.

Dragging her now from her half-crumpled position against the wall he lead her to the end table.

"N-no Grim! Hun, don't do this." She tried to smile, her eyes itching to close again- he could see it. "I can change. I'll make it better."

With no hesitation, his mind completely MIA, her head came down against the corner of the table three times. Three times before his mind sobered up and cleared to notice her body was slumped in a sickly position as it went unconscious.

"Shit." He whispered as his hand finally let go of the hair he had in his clutches from the beginning. "Shit, shit, shit." Grim's voice growing more panicked as each cuss came from his lips, the last one causing his voice to even crack.

But this wasn't the first time this has happened.

"I promise it won't happen ever again." He muttered as he dabbed the gash in her forehead with a near-by napkin. "I love you, Melly."

And that promise wasn't the first either.
♠ ♠ ♠
So~ Updated.
I had this epicly amazing chapter for this.
But I fucking accidentally clicked something from my tool bar which changed the damn page.
I was getting lyrics for the chapter title-
that's how close it was to being posted.

So obviously, in my anger as I rewrote it, I didn't give a rat's ass anymore.
So this sucks. (Probably wasn't too genius of me to try to write again right after it happened.)

My apologies nevertheless.(:

Chapter title credit;
Future Wars- La Dispute