This Life of Mine .

10.

“So Mel, how are you and Staalsy doing?” Sid asked, swinging our intertwined hands back and forth. I bit my lip, and turned to look at him, as he continued to stare straight ahead.

“Does this have something to do with that cryptic BBM chat?” I questioned, as we finally got off the road, and started walking on a path through the forest about a mile away from Jordan’s house. I started rubbing my arm with my free hand, trying to create some warmth with friction.
“Are you cold?” Sid asked, undoing the zipped on his hoodie, and gently placing it on my shoulders as I slid my arms through the sleeves, and gripping his hand after I had situated myself. As we continued to walk, I got closer to him, eventually resting my head on his shoulder as we continued through the path.

“Answering your previous question, I don’t know about me and Jordan. I mean, sure he’s my baby’s father… But I also know how big of a player he is.” I said carefully, trying to sort out my own thoughts. We came across a bundle of rocks, with a waterfall flowing overtop, and decided to have a seat. I curled up into Sid’s side, trying to get some warmth.

“In Staal’s defense, he hasn’t slept around since you told him he was going to be a dad… Well he did once, but that was before you decided to let him try and be a father.” Sid spoke softly, lifting his arm, and wrapping it around my waist, pulling my closer to him, and I rested my head on his muscular chest.

“Was he right? You know, when he said that you’ve liked me for a long time?” I asked, turning up to look at him, but he was looking straight ahead. His face displayed confusion, and I looked on as he went through some mental turmoil. It must have been five minutes later when his facial expression turned to determination, and he bent down, kissing me softly on the lips.

I just sat there for a minute, before my brain registered what was happening, and started moving my lips to match his soft kiss. I almost gasped at how different this kiss was from any other I’ve had in my life. It didn’t have any bullshit sparks of fireworks like they say in movies and books, but it was pretty damn close. I lifted my arms, and cautiously wrapped them around his neck.

I did gasp when he placed both of his hands on my hips, and lifted me from his side so that I was sitting on his lap. I wrapped my legs around his midsection, and revelled in the warmth that spread through my body.

“Mel,” Sid said, pulling away abruptly, and heavily breathing. I leaned back a bit, so that we could talk without breathing in each other’s faces.

“What?” I asked, hoping he enjoyed that as much as I did, but trying not to let it show on my face. His hands moved from my hips to my slightly showing stomach, and caressed it softly.

“Are you sure you want to be doing this? I mean, I won’t get mad or anything, I just don’t want to pressure you-” I cut him off by kissing him, slightly harder than the first kiss. He quickly matched my intensity, and kept his hands on my baby bump, and I liked it.

I don’t know how long we were sitting there, making out and going as far as Sid grabbing my breasts when we started hearing voices coming from near the forest. We quickly pulled away, and Sidney helped me stand up, and I fixed my top, while he ran his fingers through his short hair, trying to calm it after I had been raking my hands through it.

“SIDNEY! MELANIE! STAR-CROSSED LOVERS! Hey, Staal that fucking hurt!” We walked towards the voices, and walked out of the forest to see Marc bent and Jordan standing beside him, patting his back. Vero zeroed in on us, and came running towards me.

“MELANIE! Thank god you’re okay!” She said, pulling me into one of her strong embraces. She pulled away, and smacked Sidney on the back of the head.

“What was that for?” He asked, rubbing his head appropriately. Vero just glared at him, and wrapped her arms around one of mine, and pulled me towards the range rover. We got into the back seat, Jordan sitting in the seat beside me, and Marc and Sidney occupied the front seats.

“Nice sex hair.” Vero whispered into my ear, and couldn’t contain her French giggles.

***
“JORDY! You come for a visit and you don’t even tell your big brother?” Marc Staal bellowed once we stepped into the house, and ran and tackled Jordan. Me and Vero quickly stepped away from the boys, and took refuge on the couch.

“Marc, get your fat-ass off me before I Max-beat you!” Jordan threatened, and it brought laughter to everyone who heard. Linda Staal called everyone to the table for dinner, and we all ate, and went to be, before waking up early the next morning.

***

*Vero has started a BBM chat.

Vero - Okay, so who's in which car?

Jord - I have Mel, Kris and Avril with me.

Marc - Vero Max and Abby with me..

Mel - Sid's missing...?

Kris - So is Geno !

Geno - PARTY N PARTY N YEAH! FUN FUN FUN FUN LOOK FORWARD TO CAMPING!

Sid - Geno is a tad wasted... As in he drank an entire bottle of Russian vodka for 'good luck'...

Max - ROTFLCOPTER! Malkin would..

Abby - Oh Evgeni..

Vero - Well get him in our car, if he throws up we will pull over, but if we want to make it there by midnight we better go now.

Sid - If you say so...

****

Geno - I be sick !

Jord - Again? We just pulled over a mile back...

Abby - EW. Marc, pull over now before I throw up.

Avril - Fuck... I'm glad I picked this car.

Mel - My stomach can't handle this, and I'm in another car. Pull over Jordan.

Kris - LOL at Staalsy and Flower BBM'ing would driving...

Marc - Vero bought me a blue tooth thing, and it types what I what I tell it too.

Jord - I'm just really talented...

Avril - Okay, maybe I didn't pick the right car...

Sid - JORDAN! Pay attention to the fucking road, we almost just went completely into the other lane.

Kris - I fear for my life...

Jord - Oh please, I own at life. (A/N, this author also owns at life)

Vero - WE ARE HERE! STOP COMPLAINING.

Max - Late night bonfire?

Geno - DA!!!!

*Geno has ended the chat.

***
“Hey Mel, can we talk?” Jordan asked me from across the fire, and I nodded, lightly lifting Sidney’s muscular arm off my shoulders, and walking around the fire, and grabbed Jordan’s offered hand as he started leading us towards the running water, checking my Blackberry for the time quickly, and laughing when I saw it was almost two in the morning.

“What’s on your mind, Jord?” I asked, taking a seat at the edge of the river, and letting my feet dangle over the edge, the water missing my gladiator sandals by a couple inches.

“Us. You, me, our love child…” He said, smirking wickedly at me, while running his free hand through his blonde locks. I giggled, and pushed my bangs away from my face.

“Okay, what about it?” I questioned, trying to get to the point so I could go back to Sidney’s warm embrace… Wow, I really didn’t notice how close we have gotten after that whole kiss scene last night.

“Well, you and Sid are together, or are going to,” He added quickly as I opened my mouth to object. “And I am okay with it, I really am, I just don’t want him to replace me.” He said, looking down at his feet, which were almost touching the water due to his height.

“Wait, what do you mean? I’m not going to date both of you at the same time…” I replied, biting my bottom lip softly, not really understanding what was going on.

“No, you two can date, I just, still want to be a dad to my child. As in, I already contacted a Realtor, and I wanted to know if you would move into a house with me… As friends, and parents to our child. I will even go as far as to offer Crosby a spot in the house too… I mean, only if you want to.” Jordan said, the top of his ears tinting red, and his face hidden from me, even though I guessed it was the colour of a tomato as well.

“That’s a big step Jordan…” I cautioned, thinking about me and him living under the same roof. I felt his massive hand come to rest on my stomach, and I knew I had to think about my child. I mean, sure, Sid could fill in the spot of ‘father’ but Jordan would be the blood relative. I reluctantly nodded at him, and his hand moved from my belly to my cheek, and turned my head to face him. I looked up at the same moment he leaned in to kiss me, and softly shut my eyes, meeting him half-way.

I began to smile as I realized kissing Jordan didn’t provoke the same feelings his captain stirred in my abdomen, and pulled away gently, grinning as Jordan kissed my forehead.

“I’ll always love you Melanie Gerard… But I am pretty sure I found another girl.” Jordan said with a smile, and I couldn’t help the burst of jealousy that aroused within me.

I’m gonna have to tell Vero about this immediately so we can do some recon.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEXT INSTALLMENT!

That, right there, needs motivation. As in, I would like to kindly ask for 5 comments if you actually want me to continue this series !

Special Shout Out goes to LuckyNumber87 because, honestly, she's the bomb-diggity! <3 HAHA, really though, this series wouldn't be where it is today without her comment on every chapter, her amazing ideas (Max-Beat), and for just being awesome enough for me to call you awesome, GIVE HER A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!! :) <3