Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

Creative Way

When Tegan walked into the house from her date she was all smiles. I was standing by the window because I knew she saw me and smiled at her mom.

“That was amazing,” she smiled and sat on the couch next to her mom.

“What did you guys do?” I asked.

“Dinner, a movie, and then we sat on the hood of his car at the beach,” she smiled, “And no Dad we didn’t have sex in the back of his car.”

Andrea chuckled and I just rolled my eyes. I then sat down next to my girls and Tegan kissed my cheek.

“Thank you for not killing Kyle Dad,” she smiled, “He’s a good guy Dad just give him a chance. I’ve heard the stories from Mom about you guys when you were kids.”

“I wasn’t such a horrible guy as she made out,” I smiled at Andrea.

“Sure you weren’t,” Tegan said rolling her eyes, “I’m going to bed. Use protection you two and wait until I’m out like a light.”

“Go to bed Tegan,” Andrea and I said at the same time while Tegan laughed.

When I heard her bedroom door shut I stood up.

“I’m going to head home,” I said heading towards the front door.

“Don’t forget we’re having Tegan’s and your birthday party at your house tomorrow,” Andrea said following me.

“I know,” I said, “I’m keeping Tegan and myself busy until four o’clock to come see what you do to my house.”

“And I’m going to decorate that house like a boss,” she smirked.

“You really gotta stop hanging out with Jimmy and our daughter,” I chuckled as I kissed her forehead.

“I will not and you should be kissing me here,” she said pointing to her lips.

“As you wish,” I said and kissed her lips.

When our lips parted she smiled up at me.

“When are you going to officially ask me to be your girlfriend Mattie?” she asked using the nickname she gave me when we were in high school together.

“When the time’s right babe,” I smirked and then went to my Hummer.

On the ride home, I was trying to think of ways to ask Andrea to be my girlfriend again. I remembered she loved when I was creative and put thought into my plans of expressing my love for her. I walked into my house and went straight to my office and went to Google. I typed in ‘ways to ask a girl to be a girlfriend’ nothing peaked my interest so I was about to call Brian or Jimmy until I saw the time and decided to go to bed. I woke the next morning to my cell phone ringing. I groaned and answered the phone.

“Daddy! Guess what day it is? Your birthday you old fart!” Tegan’s voice screamed out the other end.

“Who gave you coffee?” I mumbled sitting up.

“Uncle Jimmy,” and I could totally hear the smile in her voice as she giggled.

“Give me like twenty minutes and I’ll see you and the guys at your house,” I said, “By the way happy birthday baby girl.”

“Thanks Daddy,” she said, “Hurry Uncle Jimmy’s going to let me play with the scissors so. . .Bye!”

The phone then went to its dial tone and I went to go shower. Once I was done, I quickly threw on some clothes and rushed downstairs to grab my keys, cell phone, and sunglasses. When I pulled up to Andrea’s house, Jimmy, Tegan, Melanie, Brian, and Zacky were running around the lawn.

“What are you guys doing?” I asked as Tegan jumped on my back and I caught her.

“Playing tag,” Tegan smiled and kissed my cheek and jumped off my back and rushed back to the game.

I let the children play their game as I walked into the house to see my beautiful “unofficial girlfriend” looking sexy as hell.

“Well hello beautiful,” I purred wrapping my arms around her waist.

“Well hello birthday boy or should I use the words of our lovely daughter old fart,” Andrea smirked as she kissed me.

“I like birthday boy better,” I said, “So when are you and the girls leaving to trash my house?”

“In like ten minutes,” she replied spinning around so she was facing me.

“Did I ever tell you that your amazingly beautiful?” I asked smiling.

“Someone wants to get laid tonight,” Michelle sang in a sing song voice.

“You just did,” Andrea blushed, “And who knows if you keep this up you might just get your wish.”

I grinned even wider and kissed her one last time before I let her go. I then walked back out to see Johnny, Stella, and Drew thrown into the mess.

“Where’s Kyle?” I asked walking outside.

“He’s helping us out,” Andrea said bringing things to her car, “This is part of his surprise birthday present for his girlfriend.”

“Oh so he finally asked her out?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Not a creative as you did babe but it was something Tegan will remember,” Andrea smiled at me.

“He asked her while looking at the stars?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Andrea smiled as Kyle’s car pulled up and Tegan ran up to him as he got out.

“God they’re like we were when we were in high school,” I said.

“Let’s hope they don’t have kids now,” Andrea said and I grunted in agreement, “Hey Kyle we’re getting ready to leave!”

Kyle quickly kissed Tegan and then went over to Andrea as I kissed her goodbye.

“Don’t totally girlify the house,” I smirked.

“Just for you Mattie,” Andrea giggled and I went over to the remaining children and we waved as the girls and Kyle left.

I then turned around and for someone the idea hit me.

“Tegan!” I exclaimed.

Tegan jumped out of her skin and looked up at me.

“How should I ask your mother to be my official girlfriend?” I asked and she grinned.

“To YouTube!” she exclaimed and grabbed my hand and everyone followed us to the office room in the house.

She looked up “Boyfriend” by a band called Big Time Rush. We watched the video and I was still confused.

“I don’t understand,” I said confused.

“You,” she pointed to me and then to the rest of the guys, “and them dance and sing to this.”

“Us,” I said pointing to me, “Dance like a bunch of teenagers.”

“Hey you wanted something creative I just gave it to you,” she said and Mel smiled at her.

“We can show you simple moves,” Melanie grinned, “You think to hard sometimes Uncle Matt. All you have to do is lip sing and we teach you the moves.”

“Dibs on the Snoop Dogg part!” Tegan exclaimed.

“You’ve got a creative kid,” Brian said as Drew, Stella, Melanie, and Tegan rushed out of the office.

“She gets it from me,” I grinned, “but what have we gotten ourselves into?”

“A way to laid tonight!” Zacky exclaimed, “Big Time Rush wannabe here I come!”

Soon everyone was in the garage learning how to be a boy band.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think of Tegan's idea?
That I didn't find on Google but let me know if you guys did.
Comment and Subscribe!!!

Andrea's Outfit
Tegan's Outfit
Matt's Outfit
Matt's Hummer