Status: Very much active!

You be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground

He fixed me when I was completely broken

My parents left me with my Aunt Tessie when I was 3 years old. She was my only family. I barely remember my parents faces. I don't know why they left me, but there must be a reason. All through my life I felt broken not having family around me, but all of that changed. Living with Aunt Tessie made my life a bit easier, she never kept any secrets from me. She showed me my birth certificate and photos of my parents. She even told me their names. That's all I know. Aunt Tessie was my mother's only sister. She said they were best friends. I never dared asking her where my parents were. I don't know if they're dead or alive, and I'm better off without knowing where they are.

Aunt Tessie was the best. She treated me like I was her own. We lived in a small house in Tempe, Arizona. That's where I met him. John o'Callaghan The Fifth. I was five years old back then. He was my neighbor. We'd always play in his house and his parents would always tell me how I should come over everyday. I loved John's parents and it seemed like they feel the same way. Everytime I'd come over, John and I would always talk about our dreams. He would tell me he'd like to be a rockstar and I'd tell him that I wanted to be a photographer. Looking back at it now, it's very memorable to me.

We'd talk for hours and get interrupted by Ross, John's older brother. He'd always give me piggy back rides. Hanging out with the two of them makes me feel like I do have family. I felt so safe and secure around them. They made me feel loved.

Another tragedy in my life happened. You thought having no parents was devastating? Well what I went through when I was seven was agony. Aunt Tessie died in our front porch on the day of my birthday. She threw me the best birthday party I could've ever imagined. Everyone was there, John and his family, my two best friends Camille and Maria, and of course all our neighbors.

I remember what Aunt Tessie told me that night before she passed away, "Tammy never let anyone bring you down when I'm not here. Always fight for what you believe in. Don't let anyone judge you and tell you you're not perfect, because you re perfect honey. Don't forget that. Even though I won't always be there by your side always remember that we all love you, and we're here for you. You'll always have your family with you, in your heart." She pointed my heart and a tear went down my eye.

"And always remember, John's alwayss there to protect you right honey?" She added giving me a smile. I nodded in reply and told her

"I love you Aunt Tessie, you're the best mother I could ever ask for. Please don't ever leave me, I need you in my life." As I said that tears started to go down in her eyes.

"You're the best daughter God has given me as well honey." She gave me a kiss and excused herself.

I saw her talking to John and his parents afterwards, wondering what they were talking about. John seemed to know that I was staring at them and he gave me a smile and mouthed, "I love you". I didn't know what to do so I just said I love you back to him and nodded. From that moment on I knew he was the guy I truly loved.

After I opened all my gifts and blew my cake, Aunt Tessie had a surprise announcement. She settled down the people and all eyes were on her.

"Today is my daughter, Tammy's, birthday. She is the best gift the Lord has given to me. I am so blessed to have her in my life. Hopefully, all of you will take care of her when I'm not around" She kept telling me to be strong when she's not around, but what does that mean? When will she not be around?

I was confused. Everybody seemed like they know something was up. How come everyone knows the secret except me? Why does everyone know except me? She is my mother and it's my birthday.

She walked towards me and gave me three boxes. A small box, a medium sized box, and a huge box. She gave me a diary with a lock as well.

"Don't open the boxes yet Tams, read the diary first. Follow the instructions on the diary before you open the box. Keep this with you wherever you go, it means that I'm always with you no matter what." she gave me a smile

"But the diary is locked, how do I open it?" I asked her, that's when she gave her last gift to me. She said I love you and kissed my forehead.

She put the necklace in my neck. It was a silver locket in a shape of a key. It obviously opens the diary. But there was something inside the locket. I was about to open it when I felt Aunt Tessie fell on the floor.

John's parents were the first people to come to her. Now I know what was up. I couldn't do anything. I was broken once again. I had no family left. I am an orphan.
I went up to Aunt Tessie one last time and kissed her rosey cheeks for the last time, and closed her eyes so that it would look like she was only sleeping. I hugged her tight and told her, "I love you mom, I'll never forget you".

John's mom hugged me tight and we all went inside their car rushing to the hospital, I was sitting in between John's mom and him. He held my hand and told me, "It's going to be okay Tams, we're all here for you, especially me" and then when I looked up to him. He gave me this perfect daisy that reminded me of her, Aunt Tessie my only family. I held him thighter and his hands arms were wrapped around me. I cried my heart out to him as we made our way to the hospital. He was there the whole time.

When Aunt Tessie passed away, John's parents took me in as their own. They told me they were responsible for me and my future now. They made me feel like I was a part of their family, and I eventually was part of the family. They keep telling me how wonderful I was and that they loved me. I have so much love and respect to them that I treated them like my own parents. I could never disappoint them.

I was vulnerable for how many weeks since Aunt Tessie died. But John kept me occupied and happy. He would always go to my room and see me cry, and he'd just watch movies with me and talk about how Ross was farting and I'd laugh. He was my bestfriend and he made everthing better.

I got over my mourning stage months after. I called John's parents mom and dad and we were a happy family. It got better when we found out that John's mom was pregnant with a baby boy, Shane. We were all freaking out and once he was born it was a happy day everyday.

Shane was the sign that my life has changed, I'm not that broken orphan anymore and my life's about to change.

My name's Tamilla David and I'm ready to face the obstacles the world has for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
The start of this chapter is very sad. Her life isn't that perfect but it's good to know that John's always there for here even though they were kids. Now they live in the same house. Tammy calls john's parents mom and dad but it doesn't mean they're related okay? haha just clarifying.

I cried so hard when I wrote this down. Please take the time to finish this story! I have so much planned for it already. It would make me so happy if you comment and subscribe and tell me what you think.

Check out my other stories as well From LA lights to Arizona skies, Our Time Went Out & We Change, We Wait.

Thanks guys! I'll update in a while :)