Crazy Beautiful

Guitar Blood

I was in Brian’s closet trying to find space for my things, Michelle still hadn’t gotten most of her things. We decided that I would go through and what was her put in the boxes I was taking stuff out of. It felt weird to be taking some other girls things out of my boyfriend’s closet. I grabbed handfuls of tee shirts and hung them up. Pants all sat high up on a rack above my clothes and shoes on the bottom. I laughed after noticing just how much crap Brian had in his closet. For being a dude he sure likes clothes.

I stood up to reach a high box of some Manolo Blahniks. Michelle’s I assumed and as I reached for it the lid came off and down came photos. I scurried to pick them up not wanting anyone to think I was snooping. I notice a photo of me and Brian at the high school. He was smiling as was I and he had his arm around me. More photos of me and Brian were in the box, a blue lined paper which had creases formed into the paper. It was a note I had written him in school.

I placed the box back where it was figuring it must have been Brian’s. I smiled and went back to doing what I had been doing all morning. Brian was out currently at some conference for the band. I think they were talking about another tour or something. I’d be happy if they went, but Brian and I did just get back together, and he did let me down last time I was around for tour.

I stood up stretching and walked out of the closet to the bathroom. Brian’s master bathroom was amazing and perfect for any girl. The huge sink in tub and the shower across from it was amazing. I placed my cosmetics all in a bag and put it neatly underneath the sink. I was trying to get settled in before Brian came home so we could hang out. We were going to a barbeque today and I wanted to be ready to leave.

I was deep in thoughts when I walked downstairs and saw the mess had gotten any better. I looked around the living room and saw glass shattered and things flipped over. Items were lying on the ground and I picked them up before placing them right. One item on the floor however shocked me to see it there. Brian’s guitar had scratches all along its body and the strings were cut. I picked it up and brought to his studio where I’m sure he’d try to salvage it later. I swept up the glass and placed the photos’ all up on the shelves and walls. I could only have one guess as to what could’ve happened. Michelle must not have taken the break up well. I didn’t ask for him to leave her, I only asked for him to love me, but I didn’t tell him to do anything. This was his choice entirely.

I looked around as the place was put back in order and I jumped in the shower so I would look decent for my family. I had screwed up a lot of my relationships with them, but I was hoping I could change it all around. I was their flesh and blood. I got out of the shower and after putting my hair up in the towel I got changed and wandered off to Brian’s studio. I was in there earlier, but I didn’t get a chance to look around really. I smiled at all of his guitars on the wall. I shake my hair dry with the towel before I grabbed one of them and sat down on his couch in the studio. I held the guitar up on my knee and let me fingers glide their way up and down the strings.

I knew I could play a few notes and I was confident in playing them too. I played a few notes of afterlife by the boys and that’s when I heard a deep chuckle behind me. I felt my heart stop and I smiled over at Brian. He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed across his chest. He wore a fedora and black pants with an avenged written tee shirt. He defiantly supported his band that’s for sure.

“You can play afterlife fairly well,” he smiled as if he were proud “are you trying to replace me?” he asked laughing

“Oh yeah, I’m totally trying replace you,” I said standing up and grabbing his fedora and putting it on to my head “Do I look like you?” I asked

“No, you’re cuter.” he says and kisses my cheek

He walks over to the guitar and picks it up before showing off for me. He begins to play Unholy Confessions. I loved the sound of this song. Brian played and I found myself being more drawn into how he played then the music itself. He was so focused on what he played. It was like the whole world faded for him when he played. I forgot how much I loved watching him play. He was in his own little world.

“You’re so good.” I say after he stops playing

“Well, I do play these songs for a living.” he comments and I shrug my shoulders

He smiles at me and pulls me down to sit with him on the couch gently. He sits behind me as he places the guitar in my lap. I let my fingers glide against the strings and he kisses my head before grabbing hold of my fingers. He asks me what song of theirs is my favorite and I answer with lost. He starts off the song with me slowly and I smile once I realize I could play. He chuckles and I feel his chest rumble and shake. I laugh along with him once I finish up the first verse.

“I love that song.” I say shyly like a huge fan

“You definitely have guitar playing blood in you, RiRi.” he says and kisses my temple.

I knew he was talking about my father and it made my heart tighten in my chest. My dad was an amazing guitarist and he could play many things too. He was taught me how to play the guitar and I have to say a lot of it stuck with me over the years. No one really knew my dad had taught me to play the guitar. I didn’t like to talk about my dad and mine relationship. He was my number one hero.

I shrugged at Brian and he frowned after realizing what he had said. He apologized and I just said I was going to go do my hair before we left. I skipped a step at a time before running into the bathroom. I felt the hot tears well up in my eyes and spill up over the bridge of them. I cried quietly. I started straitening my blonde hair and applying an easy coat of makeup. I blew my nose and finished up my makeup afterwards. Brian knocked on the door and asked if I was okay.

“I’m fine,” I lied “Just getting a cold I think.”

“Okay well we’re leaving soon.” he said through the door

I flicked the bathroom light off and starred at my reflection for a minute longer before leaving the bathroom. I slipped on my sandals and grabbed my purse with my bathing suit in it. I met Brian downstairs and he clasped his hand on mine. We were on the way to the barbeque and I felt scared.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry I've been gone and not updating...life has been a bit hectic but I'm back and updating :)
Comment and Subscribe
--Lindsey Ann