Crazy Beautiful

Talking

I was planning on seeing Suzy and most likely talk with her while Brian was at the studio recording things. I loved how much he loved playing his guitar and working on the album. He, just like the other guys, made his dream come true. I smiled as I thought about him while I drove to his parent’s house. I was defiantly nervous to say the least. Of course, she loved me, but maybe things were different now that Brian wasn’t around. I mean I did after all hurt her son badly with my disappearance.

I pulled up to the house and began making my way up to the door. I brushed my fallen bangs back before reaching out and knocking on the door. A smile was on my face when McKenna answered the door. She used to really like me when she was younger. Now she was a teenager and hardly remembered me.

“Oh…” she said simply “it’s you again.” She said with a constant bitter tone in her words to me.

“Yeah, I’m here to see your mom.” I admit and she lets me step inside

She doesn’t say another word to me as she closes the door and runs back upstairs. I sighed lightly thinking I must have done something to royally piss her off. I don’t know what I could’ve possibly done. When she was younger she adored me to death. She would make me play dress up and tea parties and wouldn’t let me leave her sight. The guys all thought it was a sign that I should be a mother someday.

“Riley, I’m glad you could come over today.” I hear Suzy say from the stairs

She walks over to me engulfing me into a hug. I always loved Suzy. She was someone I could go to easily if I had a problem. She pointed it out to me a few times that her son would wise up and then he would see how great I was. She would also scold Brian in front of me if he got too mean towards me.

“Me too,” I say kindly “I was looking forward to seeing you.”

“Yes. We have a lot to talk about sweetie.” She said in a stern motherly voice, but ti was also said as she smiled at me.

I only nodded my head fearing of how badly this could go. What if she viewed me as someone unworthy of her son after she knew about all the horror I went through. I was shocked when Brian didn’t push me away after my little explosion at Matt and Val’s a month ago. Not everyone would understand my situation or even try to get to know how I felt.

She pulled me into another hug when I stood awkwardly in the living room chewing on my lip. The woman did know me very well and I was happy I could get along with Brian’s stepmother so easily. It made me feel part of the family. It made me feel a part of a real family. I knew Brian said I practically was. It was like that with all the guys and the families. I belonged with the crazy family everyone makes up. I don’t know why I didn’t see it sooner.

“We can go out on the porch and talk.” She suggested as she made her way into the kitchen probably preparing some snacks to eat while we were out there.

“Sounds like a plan,” I said to her as I walked to the kitchen

“So where do we begin?” She asks as she begins to carry the tray onto the porch.

I follow behind her holding a pitcher of some fruity flavored juice. I had no idea where to begin the conversation with her. How does someone tell their boyfriend’s stepmother they were in an abusive relationship for six years? How was I supposed to tell her that? Suzy treated me like family and I had already let my mother down and she was my actual family.
I sat down in the cushioned metal chairs after I placed the pitcher on the center of the table. Looking around I took in the décor of the porch and it looked very beautiful. It was almost peaceful like a getaway from all the chaos in the real world.

“I guess we can start off wherever you have a question.” I say making eye contact with her for only a second before looking away.

“Okay,” she takes a sip of her drink before turning her way towards me “Why did you leave town?” She asked instantly

“Michelle called me--“

“I never liked that girl. Her sister I adored, but her not so much. She was always so needy and whiny with Brian.” She says cutting me off and making laugh

The conversation continued to flow easily amongst us about everything that had happened. I explained Adam, of course sparing a few details here and there. I wasn’t one about telling everyone all my personal life. The guys and girls and even then it mainly were Zacky or Brian. I didn’t like to be the girl everyone took care of and I think that held me back from relying on Brian the way he wants me to.

I wasn’t someone who needed to be a charity case and passed around the guys and be taken care of. Had I done things my way I would’ve simply stayed with Matt and Val for a month or two safe up enough cash and move out on my own like an adult.

But I didn’t regret how things turned out now either. I absolutely love living with Brian and being with him. I wouldn’t need to lose my independence by living with him because he liked me doing things my way. It was something that drew him closer to me I believe. I was different from other girls and I hardly relied on anyone especially a man to take care of my problem.

“That boy loves you though,” Suzy said laughing a bit “so don’t go running off again, okay?” She asked me

“I promise,” I said nodding my head

She walked me to the front door before bidding me a goodbye. I can see McKenna on the staircase watching me through the slats of wood that holds the railing up. She seems a bit less hateful and I am almost curious as if she had been eavesdropping. Suzy catches my gaze and smiles.

“She believes you will hurt her Brian again…” She explained softly as a frown pulled on my lips.

“I understand, I just hope I can redeem myself. I really adore Kenna.” I admitted before saying goodbye and leaving the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
As always I love the comments
--Lindsey Ann