Crazy Beautiful

Help

I had finally convinced my rude date, Jordan to take me back home so I could call Brian and ask to see him tonight. I had acted frantic about saying how I really needed to get to the hospital now. He bought it easily. I had to turn to face the window discreetly to hide my forming smile. Acting truly should’ve been my career choice I had thought snickering gently. He pulled up to my apartment and I told him goodbye barely glancing at him before I exited his car. Jordan’s expensive sports car pulled away and I slipped out of my heels dashing up to the door of my apartment. I pulled out both my keys and my cell phone. I stuck the key into the locked door then dialed Brian’s number.

I opened the door and heard the phone ring once that was when I heard his voice and my whole body simply froze. I heard the phone ring a second time, but his current presence didn’t falter. I couldn't make myself believe this was an ungodly nightmare that I’d wake from soon.

“Calling your dear Brian?” Adam mocked me as he cocked an eyebrow at me and turned his head to the left a bit.

“He’s going to kill you when he comes here.” I state confidently

“That’s if he can reach the phone,” He says smirking evilly at me, “I paid Brian a visit before stopping by here to visit my favorite girl, you’re my girl, Riley.” Adam said and pushed both him and me into the apartment.

I felt the chill race through my veins as he pulled back his hand and slapped me hard across my face. I winced in pain as my face heated up in the spot where he hit me. I soon felt something new surge through me. I clutched my fists together tightly and he noticed but only to laugh at me. I wasn’t going to quit now. He caused me to flinch before punching me hard in my face causing me to fall to the wood floor. The copper taste of blood pooled in my mouth and I spat it out at his feet.

He clucked his tongue in a warning way to inform me I made a mistake. I scuttled back trying to stand up. He grabbed me at the bend of my elbow and pushed me up against the wall. He pinned my arms to the side of me and got close to my face.

“Killing you will be the most fun I’ve ever had.” He exclaimed and grabbed me by my throat squeezing.

I coughed and scratched at his hand to release my throat. Darkness began to cloud over me and my struggled attempts began to lose energy. I closed my eyes gently and he loosened his grip before I took a slow breath in and thinking. I brought my knee up and hit him in the groin causing him to fall to his knees. I felt like all the power was in my hands and as he was in pain I punched him hard once in the face.

I watched him hold his nose as I groaned in agony at the pain my left hand was in. Looking at his bloody face I found my closed cell phone lying on the living room floor. I ran towards it picking up the phone which came to life with a call from Brian I answered by screaming due to Adam kicking me in my stomach and back. I was losing this fight and I needed to think fast before I was dead and inside a body bag.

“Come on Riley,” He leaned down yanking at my hair, “Beg me to stop.” He demanded as he pulled at my face to look at him

“Never,” I said and brought my fist to his gut which only caused him to stumble.

Adam lurched at me and we began to fight on the floor. I was bleeding that was for sure, but I had been in worst pain. I knew nothing was broken or going to kill me. I heard a loud crashing sound as Adam was thrown off of me and knocked into a wall where he sat slumped forward. I had seen Brain hit someone in anger before when we were just kids, but now his eyes were dark when he punched Adam who struggled before going still. I could see his chest moving and knew he wasn’t dead.

Brian looked down at Adam before flipping his cell phone open and calling the police. I was blessed for having Brian around. I walked towards him and wrap my arms around his neck hugging him gently. He hugs back after a second of hesitation. I don’t blame him though. Just because he came to my rescue didn’t mean us walking out on the other hadn’t happened.
I pulled away from Brian to turn towards my living room and grab my cell phone. I heard a quick sound of wincing. Quickly, I turn around feeling on edge and my heart drops to my stomach as I see Brian now grasping the knife that stuck out in his lower abdomen. Adam smiled at me and walked to me as Brian fell to the ground but the sirens could be heard and it distracted Adam long enough for me to remember what Brian had taught me. I brought my fist back as hard as I could and thought about all of the hurt he caused me and let it go causing my tight fist to collide with his face. The police walked inside my apartment and handcuffed Adam.

I ran towards Brian who lay in pain. It was all my fault and I couldn’t have been anymore at blame. He gave me a weak smile before his eyes fluttered closed and tears poured from my own when paramedics rushed in pulling Brian and I both apart again. He was lifted him into the ambulance as they rushed him to the hospital. I stayed and talked to the officer’s wanting to take notes on what happened. They reassured me that Adam would be put in jail until his hearing and sentencing. I smiled and thanked them before another set of paramedics took a look at me. I was surprised when the women said it looked to be a few cuts here and there, but otherwise was healthy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
This story is coming to an end sadly but the very day I finish this one my story on Zacky Vengeance will be officially posted, Blossoming Fates is the name.
--Lindsey Ann