When It Became Over Powering

Possible Cure

Ryan grips and ungrips his steering wheel taking deep breaths. He closes his eyes tightly trying to figure out were he is even going to head to. He rolls his neck from side to side; it cracks with every movement. He takes one last deep breath and puts his car in reverse. He looks behind himself as he pulls out of his driveway. He struggles putting the car into drive to head to the nearest store or shop. He didn't know where and didn't care where he was heading. All he knew was he needed to get something into his system.

He drives into the main shopping area of town. He sees a parking space right outside of a small tea shop/book store. With a sigh he exits his car and goes right on into the small place. He takes off his glasses looking around. He see the area of where drinks and snacks are served heading over there without hesitation. At the sound of his footsteps the barista looks up and gives him a smile that she has been trained to give everyone.

Ryan stares at the menu on the wall for a long while trying to gain his sight back. "Can I just have a black coffee and a blue berry scone?" he reads off of the menu then looks down at the girl. She nods and types in his order. The total shows up on the computer screen in front of him and he hands over his money. He watches every move of the girl as she gets his scone and pours his coffee into a cardboard cup. "Thanks," he weakly smiles at the barista before walking away and sitting down at a small table near the window. He looks out at the street watching the cars drive by.

The small shop is peaceful and Ryan is surprised he has never came in before. Books cover tables, shelves and even some laid on the ground all around. It is like a maze that each book you look at is a new exit, a new way to find yourself. Each book will feed the illusion of what life should or could be. Ryan stands up from the table leaving his thing on it. He walks over to a pile of books that were on the ground and picks up the first one, Jay's Journal. He goes back to his table and flips through the pages. A journal that has been turned into a book for the whole world to read. As he reads it he wonders what it would be like to keep his own journal and if anyone would find it. Would people still hate him or understand what he is going through and have been through. With each page he reads of Jay's Journal the more his mind explodes with thoughts. The life of Jay is somewhat similar to his in the littlest ways.

He forces himself to put the book down and sighs loudly. He takes a long slow sip of his coffee and takes the first bite of his scone. From the corner of his eye he sees a petite blond girl staring at him. She is leaning against a bookshelf with the book 'Ask Alice' in her hands. She peaks over the top of the book to stare at Ryan. He turns to face her and stares into her eyes with his blood shot ones. "Is there a problem?" he hisses. He didn't mean to come off as rude as he did.

"Its just I like that book. It is like this one I am reading," her voice rings through his ears. He looks down at the table seeing the book in front of him. He picks up his coffee and scone and leaves the table. He walks past the girl and finds himself a black leather couch in the back of the shop. He didn't want people to speak to him let alone notice him. He needed to be by himself. He needed to cure himself.

Ryan looks around the shop again from his new spot he has came across. He thinks to himself, "maybe this will be my getaway. Maybe I can finally be cured." He brings his cup to his lips and finishes off his coffee in one large gulp.