Status: oneshot; completed;

This One's for You

i was all for you; you fell over my love;

“Gustav, this is Frank. Frank, this is Gustav. Gustav meet Frank, and Frank meet Gustav.”

Gustav hid his face behind his hands and Frank blushed profusely.

Both boys were painfully shy and hated meeting new people, and Dustin knew it. But of course Dustin was sick of watching the boys stare at each other every day, blushing when one of them caught the other. They would smile shyly at each other in the hallways and duck their heads, hurrying to their next class. It was endearing, but it was getting rather irritating.

Either they get together or they have to stop making weird cutesy faces at each other. End of story.

“Ugh. Stop it. Put your hands down Gustav, and look up Frank. Everyone knows that you two like each other. But you haven’t met yet, so meet for chris’sake.”

Gustav slowly lowers his hands, a dusty pink coloring his cheeks when his reveals his face. Frank has a similar color on his cheeks when he looks up at Gustav.

Frank can’t stop looking at Gustav’s eyes. They’re a dark- almost navy- blue. “Y-you’ve got pretty e-eyes.” He mumbles, eyes darting away. Gustav’s cheeks redden almost immediately.

“T-thanks. Y-you do t-too.” he whispers back.

Frank shakes his head. “They’re nothing s-special. Just b-black.” He burbles slightly incoherently.

Dustin throws his hands up. “Fuck this. You two stay here. I’m leaving. I’ll be back in half an hour. Keep talking.” he threatens, and then walks away.

The blue eyed boy shifts uncomfortably in the diner seat across from Frank. He isn’t sure what to say. He’s never had a boyfriend before, but he knows that he wants Frank to be his first. He just doesn’t know how to say it.

The silence is deafening.

The awkward atmosphere crushes the two.

“What can I get you two to drink?”

Saved by the waitress.

“W-water’s fine.” Gustav mumbles.

“Diet Pepsi.” Frank whispers.

What?” she asks loudly. Frank cringes. “Speak up kiddo, I can’t hear you.”

“Diet Pepsi.” He says a little loudly. She nods and scribbles something down and says, “I’ll be right back.”

Well that was awkward. Frank hides his face in his hands.

“I’m sorry I’m so shy and I just think you’re really cute and I don’t know what to say to you and Dustin set us up I think and this is so awkward I’m sorry.” Frank blurts, apologizing over and over again to his hands. He can’t look up. He can’t bear to see the disappointment in Gustav’s face.

Gustav giggles softly, and Frank peeks up.

“It’s o-okay. I’m nervous too you know. I-I… I think y-you’re cute too. I w-wanted to say something before, b-but I d-didn’t know what to s-say.” Gustav stutters, smiling cutely.

A smile makes its way onto the black-eyed boy’s lips and he flushes. “R-really?”

“Ye-”

“Are you ready to order?”

Gustav curses silently in his head.

Frank curses silently in his head.

“Uh, chicken nuggets… and fries.” Frank orders quickly.

“I-I’ll have the same thing, but a cheeseburger.”

“Alright. I’ll be right back.” The waitress says, and takes their menus and walks away.

It’s awkward again. It’s not like Gustav can just say, “Yes, I like you.” because now the mood is ruined. It’s not the same anymore. You can’t just order chicken nuggets, a cheeseburger, and fries and then tell someone that you like them.

You might not be able to do it, but Gustav can.

“I uhm… I l-like you t-too.”

Frank ponders it for a moment (what he think it’s a moment. When in reality, it’s been about ten minutes, Gustav is sweating uncontrollably waiting for Frank to say something, and the waitress is walking towards them with their food.) and then says, “I-”

“Here you go. Enjoy.” The waitress says, setting down two large plates in front of them.

Frank thumps his head on the table.

“Damn.” He mutters at the sugar packet under his nose.

He waits for the waitress to leave before picking his head up. Gustav is giggling happily. He thinks that Frank is silly and adorable and he thinks that maybe he’d better say something before they get interrupted again.

“Frankwillyougooutwithme?” he says quickly, all his words smooshed together.

Frank’s ears go red and he puts his head back down, pressing his nose against the dirty table.

“Sure.” he mumbles, smiling widely.

He picks his head back up from the table a second time and eats a nugget, chewing thoughtfully, before waving it in front of Gustav’s face. Gustav looks at him clearly confused. Frank blushes. He’s not very good at stuff like this.

“You’re supposed to eat it.” He states, jutting his lower lip out.

Gustav makes a small; “oh” sound and leans forwards, and bites part of the half-eaten chicken nugget. He chews and smiles at Frank.

~

Dustin comes over half an hour later just like he promised, and sees the boys are sitting next to each other now, giggle and sharing tiny kisses in the large booth, arms wrapped around each other. He stops before walking all the way over, and turns back around. He figures that he should leave them alone; they work better together that way.

Frank leans over and presses his cheek against Gustav’s, then takes his phone out and takes a quick picture. He looks at the screen and squeals. “This is gonna be my wallpaper.”

Gustav smiles at his new boyfriend and kisses the corner of his lips gently.

Frank looks over and grins. “What was that for?”

“I don’t know. I just like kissing you.”

Frank grins, eyes sparkling. “I don’t know either, but I like kissing you too.” and kisses Gustav back. He pulls away and looks at his cherry lips and he smiles, scooting closer and resting his head on Gustav’s shoulder. Gustav tightens his arms around the boy beside him.

He’ll have to thank Dustin later.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story was crap.
The layout was crap.
Everything is crap in general.
Hah.

But I would still like to know what you thought of it. Even if you thought it was crap.
<3

xo,
K

#nowplaying: Let Live - Of Mice & Men
I was all for you; you fell over my love... - Of Mice & Men