Status: somewhat active. O.o

Gotham City Returns

Chapter 4

James Gordon opened his eyes slowly, sitting down against the wall. He couldn't see much through the haze he was in, and felt a sharp pain in the back of his head. He tried to reach back to rub his throbbing skull, but to no avail.

Someone had tied him up.

"Oh yeah." He said.

The commisioner's vision began to return to its normal state. It wouldn't have mattered though. The room he was in had a faltering lightbulb that was sure to go out any minute.

"Great. As if this wasn't bad enough."

"Whadaya mean?" A cheerful voice said.

James was confused.

"Who's there?" He shouted.

A slender figure dressed in black and red appeared from the darkest corner of the room.

"Call me Harley. Everyone does." She said.

"You!"

"Personally, I think this room has a nice flair to it." Harley said as she screwed the lightbulb in a little.

The room brightened up immensely. James could see Harley clearly now.

"Now, let's talk for a minute, shall we? A heart to heart with Harley."

"What do you want from me? I thought this charade ended years ago." He asked.

"Well, see, when Arkham went up in flames, we had been deep underground in the city for about a week. Mr. Jay and I were a big part in that breakout about a week before the explosion, just so ya know."

The commisioner glared at her. They worked so hard to make sure he wouldn't escape back then.

Harley began to circle him.

"We took it easy for a while. Minor, petty crimes at first. Stealing cars, raiding purses. But we had the henchmen do the dirty work. Made 'em lie and say it was the mafia. Then Joker realized, he didn't like other people having his fun. Plus, he missed Batman. He didn't want to hide anymore. So, puddin' and I came up with this whole plan."

"You're crazy." He shouted.

Suddenly, the door burst open.

"And what's wrong with that? It's done wonders for me." The Joker said as he walked into the room, laughing.

"Just tell me what you freakshows want. I was tired of this 3 years ago, and I'm still tired of it now!" James screamed.

"Calm down, Gordy. No need to get angry!" He said. "I just need to keep you long enough to lure Bats in."

"And if he doesn't? Batman left years ago Joker. He's not coming back."

"Then I guess I'll just have to kill you."

James had a look of shock on his face now.

"Harley, come on. We have work to do." The Joker said smoothly.

"Okie dokie Mr. Jay!" She replied.

The two walked towards the door.

"Oh! Wait! Forgot something!" She said.

Harley ran over to the lightbulb and halfway unscrewed it.

"Trying to save electricity these days." The Joker said.

He began laughing as the two slammed the door.

"God, Batman." James said. "Where are you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. I had a SERIOUS case of writer's block. Hope you like it! Rate and comment please!