Virus

Monster

I was able to easily keep up with the wolves. I could tell when they caught a glimps of me, they would both turn to where they saw me and sniff at the air. I followed them until we came to a small town. The wolves stopped just outside of town and shifted. I didn't want to shift yet, not until I had to. I didn't want to feel the sun on my skin yet. My fur was keeping me protected.

So while the wolves slowly shifted I layed down in the shadows of a tree not to far from them. Conner was the first to finish and he looked over to me and his eyes widen. I could under stand. I was a giant black wolf with glowing green eyes. Green eyes that all the infected have.

I yawned flashing fangs and slowly stood up. I streached and walked over to the wolves. The other wolf sat on the ground looking up at me. He started to scramble back but I growled making him freeze. I towered over them and the only sound I heard was they're frantic hearts. I leaned down and took in they're scents.

I stepped back shaking my head. I shifted feeling my skin crawl from the sunlight. Both wolves watched me for a second before they finally pulled themselves together.

"Zack take her to the main house, show her to a room." Conner said as he walked away. The wolf and I stood there for a moment before he shook himself.

"Would you liked me to show you around or would you like to go to the room." Zack asked. I could still smell his fear.

"I would like to go to the room, I don't like the sun much." I smiled. He nodded and headed towards a large house.

"What do you mean you don't like the sun?" He asked.

"My eyes are to sensitive and the light makes my skin crawl. I can be out in the sunlight but it bothers me."

"I see." He said thinking about it.

"I miss being out in the sun and not feeling like my body is trying to crawl out of my skin." I flashed him a smile.

"Do most infected feel the same?" He asked.

"Not sure, it's not like most of my kind can really hold a conversation. " I said as he opened the door to the big house. Inside it smelled of bacon and pancakes.

"There are a few wolves that live here, Conner will probably introduce you to them later." He said leading me up a set of stairs.

"This is your room for now. Conner will be by later today to talk with you. If you need anything there is always someone in the house."

"Thanks but I'm probably just going to go to sleep." I said opening the door. Zack nodded and quickly walked away. I stepped inside and closed the heavy curtains so the room went dark. I stripped out of my clothes and crawled under the covers of the bed.

<☆>

I ignored the knocks on the door. I could still feel the sun in the sky and didn't want to crawl out from under the covers.

The door opened and a growl rumbled in my chest. I felt Monster tense as someone walked in the room. I peaked out from under the covers and saw two days of fear standing a few feet from the bed.

"Conner asked me to come check on you and would like to speak with you." It was a girl. Monster scented the air and could smell Zack in the room.

"The sun is still up." I said and couldn't keep the growl out of my voice. The small of fear filled the room.

"I'm sorry Conner wants to speak with you." The girl studdered. Another growl rumbled in my chest as I say up. The girl looked over me and she took a step back. Zack out a hand on her shoulder and gave me a right smile. I looked at the both of them and ran my head through my hair. I pushed Monster back and climbed out of bed.

I pulled on my clothes and turned to them. The girls fear spikes as I walked closer. She didn't back away which helped keep Monster back.

"I'm Zeva, you can just call me Z or Eva what ever you prefer." I said smiling.

"I'm Sara." She said giving me a stiff smile. I stepped away from her and looked away.

"Conner wants to talk with you. " Zack said from behind Sara.

"Lead the way." I said. Read was coming off both of them in waves. My stomach growled and I ran my hand over my face.

"Would you like something to eat?" Sara asked probably hearing my stomach. I looked her over and couldn't keep my eyes from looking at her stomach where the fleash was soft and warm.

"No I'm fine." I smiled dragging my gaze away from her. She watched me out of the corner of her eye as we walked torwards the back of the house. I could hear voices as people argued from a room just down the hall. Zack sighed and I looked over at him.

"Some people aren't happy to have you here." Zack said.

"Its understandable. I'm a risk but I'm also one of the only things that can protect your pack." I said. He looked at me for a second before he shook his head and opened the door to the room. Everyone went silent as I walked in. Wolf eyes in human faces looked at me. Some growled others shuffled away in fear. I sighed, I just wanted to eat and here I was in a room full of wolves.

"We don't need you here." A girl standing next to Conner said. I remember her from last night.

"Bell tonight is the full moon. Every wolf is going to be out tonight running. Last full moon we lost some wolves, I don't want to lose anymore." Conner said placing his hand on her shoulder.

"So your going to use monster to help us." She snapped.

"Yes I am. She can kill them and we cant." He growled. The room was silent for a while. Everyone was looking between me and the two other wolves. I ran my hand through my hair and felt for the sun. It would be another hour or so before it set. Monster rose up in me and some of the wolves noticed and stepped back.

"Little wolf you don't need to hide your fear with anger. We already agreed to not hunt any of the... locals." Monster said. It was the first time I heard her sound so human.

"Fear? I'm pissed that he brought you here without telling anyome." She snarled.

"I can smell your fear, don't try to hide it." Monster snarled I started to pull Monster back as I felt her start to change out body.

"Conner the sun is setting, I'll be out hunting. If you need anything call." I said and quickly turned and left the room.

I left the house and as soon as I made it out of the house I shifted. I ran into the woods and waited for food to come.