Sequel: Upwards

Frontwards

I fell in love today. Real, sudden, head-over-heels love. The kind of love we all feel sometimes for a complete stranger; a transient, wonderful sort of love that you might feel for somebody you pass in the street, or who comes to fix your boiler on a cold winter’s night, or who you serve cigarettes to in the supermarket where you work. In this instance, it was a man on the train.

My name is Daisy Montague, and I am not like most people, as you will come to realise. For the first 23 years of my life, I watched people fall in and out of love, convinced that I would never succumb to its calls. That is, until I met Frank Iero on a train. You know, Frank Iero, from My Chemical Romance. Of course, I didn't know who he was when I met him, and that is actually a very important matter so I will say it again, in block capitals; I DID NOT KNOW WHO FRANK IERO WAS WHEN I MET HIM. As far as I was concerned, he was just a handsome man on the train. But something about him made me feel like a different person. Something about him made me want to take stupid risks and do things that I would never normally even consider doing. Dangerous, wonderful things.

My name is Daisy Montague, and this is how Frank Iero changed my life.