Boy Crush

Staying

Be a rebel. With him. Zeke. My phone tickled my leg; I got a text. I gave my hand to Zeke as he helped me climb the wall. We both swung our legs over the wall and landed on grass. The other side was dark; nothing was in sight. Zeke nor I moved an inch after landing. We stood with our ears pressed against the wall. He focused on the sounds that came from the other side. I focused on how close we were standing.

"C'mon." he whispered. He led me to a stone path. I picked up my pace and felt him back against my chest. He didn't mind.

CRASH!

Every hair on my body stood. My senses heightened and my grip on Zeke's hand became stronger. Zeke kicked something metal causing it to fall over.

"It's okay." he soothed. I felt the tickle in my leg, again; another text.

The back porch lights flickered on. The door swung open and a tall man stood in the way. "Who's there?!" he shouted. His voice was rusty. "Show yourself!"

By this time, Zeke and I were on the side of the house. We crouched down behind some trash bins. I could hear his breath; slow, heavy, and steady. I never let go of his hand. He turned his head to look back at me, "Are you okay?" he whispered. I nodded and placed my head on his back.

"Damn raccoons." the mad said as he closed the door and turned the lights off. Darkness crept over us again. He stood up and shook his hand away from mine. Damn. A small gate block the way. He shook it once, there was a lock on it.

"It's low enough to jump. You first." He moved aside to let me pass in front of him. I put one foot here, one foot there and jumped over. Seconds later, he was standing next to me on the other side. The man's lawn was neat. A pink flamingo and two lawn-gnomes guarded the rose bush that grew alongside the porch.

We walked across the lawn. As we waited for a car to pass, he put his hand over my shoulder and we crossed the street.

"I guess were walking." he said.
The night wasn't very cold; a slight breeze that sent quick chills down my body. Zeke and I found a taco stand. He bought me three tacos; I didn't want to eat too much in front of him. Although, he bought eight. As weird as it seemed, I liked watching him eat. He didn't notice.

"These tacos are good, huh?" Zeke asked through chews.

"Yea." I covered my mouth with my hand as I spoke.

"So where do you live?" he asked. I gave him a confused look. He chuckled as he realized what he asked me.

"Oh, I live and hour away. . .by freeway."

"Well, I live a few blocks away, you think they can pick you up or would you like to sleep over. My parents are on a business trip."

My stomached dropped. The thought of him and me sharing a bed. . .with no one around.

"Let me check." I took out my phone; the two missed texts from Angie were still there. I opened the first one, Wher r u? The next one, The cops r here! Tina and I left back. Call if you need a ride wherever ur at.

They would have left me at the party? I did ditch them. I called my mom's phone. . . . .her answering machine answered, "Mom, the party got cancelled, I'm staying at Mark's. Bye"

I dialed Mark, my guy best friend.
"Hello?" Mark replied.
"Mark? It's Rex."
"Oh, hi, Rex. What's up?"
"I told my mom that I'm staying at your house."
"Okay. . .?"
"If she calls, tell her I'm there and I'm showering or something."
"Okay. But where are you?"
"At a another friend's house, bye."
"By-"


I hung up before he finished. I felt Zeke behind me.

"What happened?" he asked me, wiping sauce off his chin.

"Yea. They let me stay."

"Cool." he took a step closer and wrapped me with his arm. My body shivered at his touch. "Let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Brace yourself for the next chapter.
I won't update until a comment.
Only because I don't know if people want me to stop writing it or what...*tear