Status: Slowly Working On. (:

The Love Letter

Chapter 4- There's Money on the Table

Several days had passed, and I hadn’t talked much with Kendall. Carlos, Logan and I were becoming closer, and I felt like Caleb and I were drifting apart. He began acting very strange. He was constantly calling and texting me asking where I was, who I was with, and what exactly I was doing.
I was sitting in the backroom, finally recalling my time on tour in my journal when Carlos came and found me.
“Hey, Mady. Since it’s a road day, we’ve decided we’re going to have a board game-a-thon,” He smiled. “Care to join us?”
“Sure,” I said, getting up from my seat. “What’s on the list of games?”
“We’re just going to wing it, but the first game is Life!” We both began walking to the kitchen table where James, Logan, Kendall and Dustin were all sitting and putting the pieces onto the game board, “Madelyne is joining us!” He informed the guys as he took a spot next to James. I sat down carefully next to Logan at the end opposite of Carlos.
“I call green car!” James raised his hand.
“Nuh, uh,” Carlos squealed. “I do!”
“Why can’t I have the green car,” Kendall piped up. “This whole thing was my idea!”
“Touché.” Carlos and James both said in unison, handing over the green car to him. Kendall smiled in victory as James picked up the blue car and Carlos grabbed the yellow car. Logan snagged the orange one while the three bickered and Dustin got the red one, leaving me with the white car.
Kendall was the first one to get the ‘Get Married!’ spot when I asked, “Who are you getting married to, Kendall?”
“I dunno.” He muttered.
“Who do you want to marry, that’s the better question?” I laughed.
“Why do I have to pick? Does it matter who I marry?” He asked.
“Yeah, it makes this game one hundred times more fun! Pick your biggest celebrity crush, and that’s who you are married to!” I explained, “That’s the way James and I play all the time.”
“Megan Fox,” He said. “That’s who I’ll marry.”
I was next to hit the ‘Get Married!’ square when Kendall asked me the same question.
“Pick me!” Carlos whispered across the table. I laughed along with the rest of the guys, “I’m obviously the best looking celebrity out there!”
Logan let out a loud howl and said, “Yeah right! Have you seen my good looks?”
“Okay, boys we’re not going to get into this!” I said, quickly breaking up the fight. “Since you asked ever-so nicely, Carlos, I’ll marry you.” I said, adding a blue peg to my vehicle.
We laughed our way through the rest of the game, picturing Carlos and I having 5 kids and James and Emma Watson having around 7. The next game we played was Monopoly, which we got bored playing shortly after beginning the game. We played Quelf, Sorry, and Candyland.
“Holy crap, guys. Its already 8 o’clock!” Carlos said, while checking his cell phone.
“Are you serious?” Logan said, checking his phone as well.
“Time flies when you’re having fun!” Dustin said swinging his arm
“You know what we should do now, guys and Mady?” Carlos smirked.
“What?” We all muttered.
“Movie Night!” Carlos exclaimed. We all cheered and moved into the back lounge where all of the movies were stored. We started off with Scott Pilgrim vs. the World where all the boys began dozing except Kendall and by the time we put in our next movie Anchorman, James, Logan, Carlos and Dustin we’re knocked out.
“I feel lonely over here, Mady.” Kendall said from across the couch.
“You come over here though, I’m lazy.” I groaned. Kendall jumped off the couch and ran over to me and planted himself next to me.
“Are you enjoying the movie?” Kendall smiled at me for the first time.
“One of my favorite’s, actually.” I smiled back.
“Weird! It’s my favorite, too!” Kendall said. As Ron Burgundy prank called Veronica, I remembered I hadn’t touched my cell phone all day, which probably meant Caleb was angry with me, again. I told Kendall I would be right back and shuffled to my bunk to get my phone.
20 text messages! My phone read.
I rubbed my forehead with frustration and moved back to the couch where Kendall was looking at me with confusion.
“What’s up?” He asked, “You look conflicted.”
“Oh, Boyfriend is being an idiot once again.” I sighed.
“Well, if he’s constantly being an idiot,” He said. “Why don’t you just break up with him?”
“It’s not that easy, Kendall.” I said, turning my head back to the television, where it was the Anchor-Fight to the death scene.
“Why not?”
“Er-I’ve known him forever. Our parents set us up,” I explained. “And quite frankly, I’m a little afraid to.”
Kendall smirked at me and said, “You’re sharing your feelings! I knew this would work!”
“What do you mean?”
“You have never showed any sort of emotion since the tour had started, and this was a part of my plan, having the movie night and the game day, you would become comfortable with me and the rest of the guys so you can show us emotion.”
“Well, that’s a complex little plan you’ve got there, Mr. Schmidt.” I grinned at him, looking back at the television continuing on with the movie. Several moments later, I felt Kendall’s arm creep around my shoulders, and I did not fight it.