Status: Active! (updating as often as I can)

Resistance Is Useless

My New Family

2.
Andy

I checked the text Matt had sent me with the address again, as I sat in the driveway; I really didn’t want to show up at the wrong house. But sure enough, the numbers painted above the garage door matched the numbers in the text, just like they did they last three times I checked. I sighed as I slipped my phone back into the pocket of my favorite jeans, and got out of the car. As I opened the trunk to get my bags, I saw that the front door was cracked, and heard someone inside yell, “ALEX!” With that, I knew I had the right house. I picked up my heavy bag, suddenly regretting packing so many clothes, and walked up the stone path to the front door. With one last sigh, I slowly opened the front door with a creak, to find three faces looking up at me from the kitchen.
I waited for them to say something, but nothing came, so I decided to break the silence myself.
”Hi! I’m Andy! Well, my name’s really Andrea, but people call me Andy.” I then set my heavy, overstuffed backpack onto the ground with some other bags and entered the house further. I walked over to the kitchen table where the three were still sitting silently.
Although this was odd, it didn’t surprise me. People didn’t usually expect a sound “guy” named Andy to be a girl. I quickly realized I was going to have to try a little harder to break the tension, so I walked up to the only one of the three who’s name I knew, put out my right hand and said, “You must be Alex.” The boy to his right nudged him in the side, getting Alex’s attention away from my boobs. I rolled my eyes slightly, because this too, did not surprise me. I was used to this sort of attention from guys, so I let it go. Alex carefully shook my hand and introduced the other two boys, whose names were apparently Zack and Jack.
“So you’re a friend of Matt’s?” Zack asked.
“Uh huh!” I replied, “Matt and I went to grade school together, and our moms worked at the same office, so we’ve been friends for a long time.”
“Oh, cool. Matt said you’ve been on tour before, who with?” Alex said.
“Hey Monday. They’re on this tour too, aren’t they?” I replied
“Yeah! I think they’re downstairs with everyone else. Why don’t we go down there and I’ll introduce you to everyone.” Alex said, as he stood from the kitchen table.
“Sure,” I said happily, taking a step towards the stairs. Alex walked to my side and turned to Jack, who hadn’t taken his eyes off of me since I walked in the door.
“You coming, Jack?” Alex asked the dark-haired boy.
“Uh, yeah,” Jack replied, finally looking away from me. He scooted his chair away from the table with a screech and stood, and at that moment I realized how tall he was. Most people I knew were taller than me, considering I was only 5’3”, but Jack was at least an entire foot taller than me. While, noticing his height, I also noticed his big, wide-set, brown eyes, his messy almost-black hair, and the tiny smirk that was forming on his lips.
My attention was taken away from Jack, with Alex saying,” Right this way!” in a voice. Jack and I followed him downstairs, where I could already hear the rest of All Time Low, Hey Monday, and We The Kings talking and laughing.
As soon as the three of us reached the bottom of the stairs Alex got everyone’s attention and said, “This is Andy. She’s gonna be helping with lights and sound.” My introduction was followed by several hey’s and sup’s. Alex then led me around the room, telling me everyone’s name, what band they were in, etc. I was only partially listening, though. I kept stealing glances in Jack’s direction, but it didn’t matter; I was awesome with names.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kinda bleh. but I had to get the story going. comment, pretty please?
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=31496916
^ Andy’s outfit
(i would put a link if I knew how… someone explain it to me please.)