Status: Active! (updating as often as I can)

Resistance Is Useless

On A Bench

21.
Andy

I was sitting on a bench, my legs folded pretzel-style, my head resting against my hands. I was racking my brain trying to figure out why Alex would explode at me like that. I really didn’t have a clue why he would act like that all of a sudden. Or why he cared that Jack and I were... I don't even know what we were, but it seemed to really irk Alex. My phone chimed from my pocket and broke my train of thought. I pressed the button on the top and read the screen.
"New message from Jack: "hey, where'd u run off to? U ok?" I didn't reply. My phone then chimed again. "New message from Kirken: "Hey, I heard u n Alex yelling at each other, u ok? We're gonna start unloading in 15.” I slid my finger across the screen and hit reply. "I'm fine :) I'll b back by then" I hit send and tucked my phone back in my pocket. It chimed a third time. It was another text from Jack. "Will you come back to the bus please? :)" it read. I ignored it again. As soon as I locked it and stuck it in my pocket, it began ringing. I pulled it back out and slid my finger across the front, not even needing to read the screen to know who was calling.
"Hi,” I said quietly.
"Hi," Jack replied. I just waited for him to say something else. "Where are you? Alex wants to talk to you."
"Well maybe I don't wanna talk to him" I muttered. I could hear someone talking in the background, Jack paused and whispered something back.
"Andy, will you come back to the bus? Please?"
"Jack. I don't want to talk to Alex right now. And I know he's with you. Will YOU come sit with me?
"Sure," he said with a sigh, "Where are you?"
"I dunno... A few blocks from the venue...? On a bench."
"In which direction?"
"Um… I think I turned right, outside of the venue,” I said, looking around, trying to remember which way I had come from. "Yeah to the right of the venue, a few blocks down."
"Okay. I'll be there in a little while,"
"Thank you," I said quietly.
"Don't worry about it," I could hear him smiling.
"Okay, see ya," I said before hanging up. I unfolded my legs and let out a heavy sigh, wiping the tears that had been filling my eyes, but hadn't spilled over yet. I didn't want Jack to think I was crying or anything...
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m sad. i don’t really know why. I guess I just really miss my friends. I don’t know. Maybe leaving me comments would make me feel better. You don’t have to if you don’t want to though. I just hope you like my writing. thanks.