Status: Active! (updating as often as I can)

Resistance Is Useless

Yeah

28.
Jack

I followed Andy off the elevator and down the quiet hallway. We found her room and she opened the door after a few tries with the key. The room was fairly large, with two queen-sized beds. She dropped her bags near the small, oddly patterned couch and sat down on the edge of one of the beds.
“It’s funny how tired sitting in a bus for several hours makes you,” she said, looking up at me. I nodded. I shoved my hands into my pockets and tried to think of how I was possibly going to build up to finally ask her out. Cause it would be too weird to just do it out of nowhere, right? Right? “Where’s your stuff?” she asked.
“Wa? Oh, Alex said he’d bring it up for me.”
“That was awfully nice of him…” Andy said skeptically. I sat down next to her on the bed.
“Well, you know, Alex is nice.” I replied awkwardly.
“Jack, what’s making you so nervous?” My cheeks got hot.
“Um, nothing. I just kinda wanted to talk to you.”
“Sure, what’s up?” she smiled at me and waited for me to say something, but it was a good thirty seconds of me just opening my mouth with no words coming out. I finally took a deep breath and looked straight into her beautiful green eyes.
“Okay, I’m pretty much just going to say this, so hopefully it makes sense.” Andy was starting to look kind of nervous. “We’ve become really good friends during this tour, over the past month or so, and you’ve got this job now, which I’m so happy for you by the way, and me and the guys, we tour like crazy, so basically, with you not coming with us anymore, we we’ll barely get to see other, and… I don’t wanna loose you.” I watched her face for a moment to see if she comprehended any of this, and she gave me a crooked smile. “And I… really have feelings for you. Like a lot. And I don’t want to have these feelings for you and not do anything about them while you’re still here. So I hope that you agree with me in skipping a few steps in how I guess you’re supposed to do this. So what I’m really asking is will you be my girlfriend?” it was finally out there. I had actually managed to say it, but her facial expression remained unchanged. The question was hanging there between us and she just kept looking back at me. The small clock ticking from the wall behind me suddenly seemed very loud.
But then she shifted her weight onto her knees, moving forward, and her lips were on mine. Her arms wrapped around my neck, hugging me close to her. I put my hands on her waist and held her and our lips moved together for a glorious moment. She pulled her lips away from mine and buried her face in the crook of my neck, hugging me even tighter.
“That’s pretty much the cutest thing anyone’s ever said to me,” she finally said into my t-shirt. The nerves left my chest like a flock of doves being released, and a wave of warmth washed over me.
“So, yeah?” I asked quietly. She unclasped her arms behind my head and sat back down in front of me, giving me a beaming smile.
“Yeah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!
So, what’d you guys think??? the first chapter of the sequel should be up in the next couple of days so be looking of my profile for that! Thanks to everyone’s who read, commented and subscribed! it really means a lot :) Merry Christmas, and happy 5th day of Hanukkah to my fellow Jews <3