Status: Active! (updating as often as I can)

Resistance Is Useless

Dream Girl

4.
Jack
I woke to the familiar sound of the bus’s tires rolling against the road. I patted my hand around the dark bunk, trying to find my glasses and my phone. I slipped my glasses on and checked the time; it was 7:17. I hated being up early, but I had to pee, so I couldn’t go back to sleep. I slowly rolled out of bed with a moan, my feet hitting the floor with a quiet thud. I was expecting to be the only one up, but the curtain on the bunk across from mine was open, and judging by the purple sheets, Andy was up.
After using the bathroom, I headed straight for the coffee. I checked twitter on my phone while I waited, and texted my sister. Once I had coffee in hand, I went to the back lounge where I knew Andy would be sitting. I slowly opened the door, to find her lying on her stomach, reading.
“Morning,” I said as I sat down on the couch opposite her, “I made coffee if you want some,”
“Oh, no thanks. I don’t usually drink coffee,” She replied, “Stop giving me that look.”
“How do you do anything in the morning?!” I laughed
“Honestly, I don’t know,” she chuckled, “I’ve just never liked it,”
“Whatcha readin?” I asked, nodding towards her book.
“The Hunger Games. I’ve read it like, 3 times already, but it’s so good! Even if it’s for 14-year-olds…”
I laughed quietly in response, then added, “Eh. 14, 24, what’s the difference really?” she laughed at this, which I enjoyed. I always liked making people laugh, but I liked hearing her laugh especially.
“What’s that necklace you always wear?” I asked
“This?” she responded, holding up the delicate, gold locket hanging around her neck, “My brother gave it to me on my 21st birthday. It’s a picture of him and my sister inside,” she popped open the tiny heart-shaped locket. I stood from the sofa and sat back down next to her so I could see the two tiny pictures inside the necklace. On the left, was a girl, who had the same color hair as Andy, but with a rounder face and a slightly different nose and mouth. On the right was a boy, who looked exactly how Andy would look is she were male.
“That’s my older sister, Ella,” she said, pointing, “And that’s my brother, Ian,”
“He looks exactly like you,” I stated.
“Well, we are twins,” she said, as if it were an obvious fact.
“That’s so cool! I wanted a twin. I just have an older brother and and older sister. Joe and May. When’s your birthday?” I asked.
“June 18th,”
“Nuh uh! That’s my birthday!”
“Really? That’s awesome! Birthday twins!” She laughed, high fiving me.
Our laughter was then interrupted by Rian walking in, who scratched his head groggily and plopped down on the couch next to us. Way to ruin the moment, Rian.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is meh. It gets way better i promise! comment comment comment!
Andy’s necklace
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=31651733