Status: may or may not continue

Hell, I still love you, New York.

Gabrielle

How does one walk away from a responsibility she never wanted to do?

Easy. Just walk away and never look back.

It's easier said, than done really.

I have to do this, but I don't want to. I have to get married to him, but I don't love him. I have to run this company, but all I want to do is buy a beach house in a foreign land and live there with the one I love. I want my own life.

but it looks like it won't happen anytime soon.

I had to know how to run an endorsing company when I turned 11. I did.
I had to be married by the time I turned 19. I did.

You see, I'm a very obedient child. I was home schooled and I graduated early. Being in college at the age of 13 and finishing in just 2 years. When I turned 15, i was in the office, 24/7 never leaving my father's side. When I turned 18, I had to be married to a Carson, I didn't know why but I did anyways. Carson's alright, he knows that nothing exists between us but he still tries.

My dad wanted me to run the company by the time I was 19 so he could rest. I was an obedient child and I actually wanted my father to rest, but I too, need some rest.

I'm 22 now, well I just turned 22 and I'm sick and tired of everything. I honestly, do not want to continue running the family company. I'm growing too old, too fast. I just want to live.

Today is my birthday and all I wanted to do was get a drink and go home. I dressed up, left a note for Carson, and made my way to the nearest bar. I lived in New York you see, the "Upper East Side" if you must.

I decided to drive myself saving trouble for Mason, the driver. I parked the car on the bar's parking lot and entered the bar. Two guys were singing a tom petty song, they were actually good. I sat on the stool just watching them. I was amused really.

"Amusing, aren't they?" A guy said from beside me. I turned and I was overwhelmed by how good looking he is. "I'm Kennedy." He said with a smile. It took me a few seconds to react and shake his hand.

"Gabrielle, you can call me Gabi." I said.
"Funny, my ex's name is Gabi." He said and took a seat beside me. "Could I buy you a drink, Gabrielle?" Kennedy asked with a smile.

I nodded. "What do you want?" He asked with a smile.
"Beer would be fine."
"Beer?" He said with a laugh. "On second thought, Do you want to eat dinner? There’s a diner across from here."
I nodded again. I wasn't really sure why I was nodding at everything he was offering, but He seemed nice.

He smiled, grabbed my hand and we walked out of the bar and across the street. We entered the quiet diner, seeing as there are only 3 customers. An old man, a college student who looked like he was having trouble with a paper due tomorrow, and us.

We sat in a booth in complete silence.

"I'm married." I said out of no where. Kennedy looked at me confused for a second, and then smiled. "It's just dinner." Kennedy said and called for the waiter. The waiter handed us menus and I stared at it for a second.

"You know, you shouldn't always say yes to strangers. I mean, what if I was a serial killer?" He said jokingly from behind the menu.

"Why are you... being nice?" I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. He put down the menu and smiled at me.

"Because you look like you're not happy, everyone deserves to be happy. Why don't we, know each other more, yeah?" Kennedy said with a smile.

"I'm Kennedy Brock. Those to drunkass guys back in the bar are my friends, John and Max. Your turn." He said with a smile. I scratched the back of my head.

"I'm Gabrielle Alexander-Mellark. It's my birthday." I said saying as if it were nothing.

Growing up, my birthdays were usually formal parties where people had to dance and drink champagne. I don't hold anything against my parents because I loved them. To anyone who has ever met me, they knew if I something meant a whole lot to me, I won't ever give up.

"See! It's your birthday and you're not happy. How old are you?" Kennedy asked and called for the waiter once again.

"22." I said feeling more comfortable by the passing minutes.

"Twenty Two, sweet sweet twenty two." Kennedy said closing his eyes and trying to catch the waiter's attention once more. I laughed.
"How old are you?"
"22." Kennedy said with a smile.

Kennedy ordered both of us banana splits. I laughed.
"I thought we were eating dinner?"
"I thought you were single." Kennedy said with a wink. I smiled at this new found friendship.

Kennedy and I talked for the rest of the night, mainly knowing each other. It took me a whole hour to tell him about my current position. He made a few jokes, on the moments when my voice would turn cold and I instantly smile. I found out he was in a band and they were currently on tour and they have 2 shows in New York tomorrow and the next day. He told me that he lived in Arizona and how great it is to live there. He also told me about his past with his father, turns out he had changed his name and before he said it and told him he didn't have to if it was personal. He insisted, and said "Past is Past"

I wasn't very mindful of the time when my phone began vibrating. It was Carson. I answered him, saying I was fine and that he didn't have to worry. Carson is very a great husband. I don't deserve him honestly, I don't love him and he knows it. He treats me like a sister. We were both pushed to this but obliged to our parents. He also runs his family company, but enjoys doing it.

"Husband?" Kennedy asked when I hung up.
"Yeah. It's late, and it looks like your friends need you." I said with a laugh and pointed at the drunk and sober friends of Kennedy outside. He smiled and He paid for the banana splits, saying it was a birthday treat. Once we stepped out of the diner, his friends began calling for him.

"Where have you been?" "Go get the car! I feel like John's going to puke on me." "Kennedy Fucking Brock!"

I laughed. "Thanks." I said and kissed his cheek. I ran to the parking lot, opened the driver’s side door and sat for a few minutes. I had a great time. Probably the best birthday I've ever had. After a few minutes, I drove out of the parking lot and began driving back to my house texting Carson that I was on my way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not really sure with this one