Into A Room Where It's Nine In The After Noon

Chapter One

"MADISON!" I heard a voice yell my name, I pulled the cover's over my head more and buried myself into my warm, cosy bed. “MADIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII” I heard once again my name being yelled, this time much closer. “Madi Mouse” said the same voice almost right next to me. Suddenly I felt the warm blankets all around me disappear sharply and the cold outside world hit me. I curled together and tried to hide away from the world. “Come on Madi, if you want to see us play tonight and if you want to not to get killed in the crowd you have to get up now.” I thought for a while. I really don’t fancy dying in a big crowd tonight, but on the other hand I didn’t want to get up either.

“What time is it?” I asked still not opening my eyes or un-curling from the ball I was now in.

“ten thirty, now that’s not so early is it? COME ON!” I felt my arm jolt as I was being dragged out of my bed. I tried to discourage them by trying my best not to move one inch, but my try’s were in vain. I felt the very far away floor hit my ass. With a pronounced THUD. “You’re a fat ass you know that Madi” I opened my eyes and shot a death glare.

“I am not a fat ass Brendon. You could give a girl a complex saying that you know.” I stated to him and stood up, proceeding to poke him in the arm. “Plus you’re the fat ass anyway fat ass” I said laughing slightly. I stretched my arms above my head and yawned, then rubbed my eyes to get the sleepiness out.

“I’m not the fat ass. Um.. Ammy is.” He said proudly smiling like an idiot and crossing his arms.

“Don’t call my cat fat” I said poking him a few times in the chest.

“Ooh why not little sis?” He said poking me back in the arm.

“Because you’ll give my cat a complex” I said laughing and poking my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes at me then smiled. “Don’t roll your eye’s at me Urie” I said in a strict tone.

“Don’t poke your tongue out at me then Urie” He mimicked me. “Anyway get dressed and whatever, we’ve got to be out by half eleven” he said then turning on his heel and leaving my room and closing my door.

I walked over to my dressing table and looked into the mirror. Hair a mess, make-up down my face and just basically looking bad. I grabbed a brush and ran it through my mess of hair. I quite like my hair actually, apart from when it’s early morning and I have bed hair. After a few moments of brushing, it sat pretty much how I usually have it. My bright pink fringe sweeping across my face and the rest of my ebony black hair falling to about the middle of my back. I grabbed a few of my make-up wipe things and took off some on the eyeliner that didn’t come off last night. I stared at myself in the mirror, and sighed slightly, I can never look exactly how I want to look. That doesn’t matter I try not to let it get to me, those evil girls at school give me enough abusive I don’t need to give myself any. I turned from my dresser to the drawers that were next to it, I opened the first drawer and searched through to find a decent t-shirt. I finally found one after a few minutes of looking. My Misfits top, the one with the skeleton hands on the chest. I pushed the draw closed and opened another to find some suitable jeans to accompany the top. I pulled out my black drainpipe jeans and the closed the drawer to only open another to get out underwear. I took my bundle of clothes and dropped them on the bed and then proceeded to get changed out of my PJ’s into them. When I finally finished changing I took hold of my eye liner and applied a thick line to the top and bottom of my eye, careful not to actually poke myself in the eye, as I found out if you do, it hurts, a lot. I checked I looked okay before skipping merrily out of my room and down stairs to the kitchen where I could smell something being cooked.

“BRENNY BEAR!” I shouted happily at him when I got to the bottom of the stairs.

“MADI MOUSE!” he shouted back in the exact same happy tone. I smiled and followed where his voice came from, which was in the kitchen where I could smell someone cooking something. I’m guessing that someone was Brendon. I skipped into the kitchen happily and found Brendon making pancakes.

“Wow, your cooking, that’s a change” I said sitting on a stool at the island in the middle of the room.

“Well it’s best to have a good breakfast in the morning when we have such a bust day ahead of us” He said flipping a pancake, as much as I’d hate to admit it he’s actually quite good at cooking. Well making pancakes.

“Wait, what do you mean ‘we‘?” I asked with furrowed eyebrows and genuinely not knowing what he meant, which isn’t hard when your talking to my brother. He’s always coming out with thing’s no-one understands, not even Ryan sometimes. “All I’m doing today is making sure your okay tonight and getting stuff if you need it” I stated recalling that was all I was going to-do tonight.

“Nope” Brendon smiled to himself placing a plate full of pancakes in front of me, and a plate next to me with just as many pancakes on it and then sat down next to me himself.

“Your confusing me, more than usual” I said shaking my head and picking up my fork to stab into my pancakes.

“Well” he said swallowing a mouthful of pancake “Your taking photography at school aren’t you?” I nodded in agreement while eating pancakes “Well your pretty good, so I’ve got hold of a pass for you” he stated as if it was the most normal thing in the world. I almost choked on my pancakes.

“WHAT!?” I almost screamed at him, in a cross between astonishment, excitement and annoyance.

“Your going to be our photographer” he stated. Then stuck his fork into another pancakes and pulled a piece off and began to eat it. He made it out to be something that happened everyday, to be a photographer for someone, to be a photographer who has no previous experience except for in class and for coursework and things. Oh yes such a normal thing.