Status: SCHOOL TIME IS BUSY. I'M SORRY. I LOVE YOU. I'LL GET BACK WHEN I HAVE TIME. I SHOULD TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK NOW.

Bad Boys & True Love

Diciassette

He parked his Mustang in his driveway and twisted the key out of ignition but neither of us moved. It was just barely raining now but it seemed as though all the power had gone out in the neighborhood--oh joy.

"Thanks for the ride," I mumbled, holding my arms to my chest. I wished I had brought a jacket with me and knowing I was so close to my deliciously warm bed was tantalizing. But I didn't want to leave him just yet; I would bear the cold.

He took a deep breath. "Thank you."

It took me a second to realized I was confused. Damn his befuddling. "You're--wait...what? Why?"

Sean grinned and said nothing. I eyed him, a teasing smile on my face, and wondered if it was possible to love him any more than I already did.

The rush he gave me pumped through my veins and gave me the courage to invite him into my home. As soon as I said it I morphed into a ball of nerves; I wasn't used to putting myself out there so fully.

Sean took it gracefully and smiled some more. "It's getting dark...maybe your parents wouldn't like that?"

"Well," I paused and contemplated what to say, "they love you." So do I... "Seriously. I think you're their favorite kid."

He laughed and my heart screamed ecstatically when he nodded. "Okay. Yeah. Let's go then."

I walked him to my house, our feet squishing in the flooded grass, and tried my best to not hold his hand. It was nearly impossible for two reasons: one, he was beautiful and I like touching beautiful things, and two, it was so dark outside when the electricity wasn't working. Not that I'm terrified of the dark of anything, but it kind of gives me the heeby-jeebies.

The door was unlocked. Usually that didn't bother me because we lived in a safe place and all, but it didn't seem right in the current atmosphere.

I flicked the light switch and Sean laughed at me. "Oh yeah," I mumbled stupidly, blushing in the darkness. I giggled with him.

"Momma! Dad! I'm hoooome," I sang. "Oh crap. I left my stuff in your car."

"Get it later," he replied offhandedly.

"Bring it to me later," I amended and turned around to grin at his silhouette. I saw the glint of his teeth flashing a smile back in the minimal light and it turned my tummy to jelly.

There was a sudden noise and we both jumped. "Stella?" my mom's voice called out timidly. Then I saw her standing in the doorway to the living room, a candle lighting up her face.

"Yeah," I answered. "Um, Sean's here too."

"Oh! Sean!" Her voice brightened considerably and I rolled my eyes. How typical. "Well you two come in. I was wondering where you were, missy..." the warning in her voice made me smile sheepishly and I knew I was going to have to pay for that later. But it was worth it.

"Why aren't there more candles out?" I asked and walked closer to the light, Sean on my heels.

"Go get your dog. You'd think we were torturing him, the way he's been howling all day," Mom grumbled, ignoring my question.

I gasped. "You left Winston outside?! Mom!! No wonder he was crying, my poor baby's probably miserable."

She shrugged and mumbled something along the lines of "He's your dog..."

I glared and grabbed Sean's hand without thinking. Once I realized my mistake, however, I attempted to drop it and pretend it never happened, but he gripped my hand tightly like he knew what I was thinking. I decided to take it in stride and led him to the back door.

It was a mistake opening the door. Winston jumped in and crashing in Sean, nearly knocking him over, dirtying everything in his path. Sean yelped out a curse word in the shock of having an overgrown Boxer ponce on him. "No, no, bad boy! Goddammit, Winny!"

I grabbed him by the collar and he pressed his muddy paws to by shirt and dragged them down in return. "Shit, pick him up!"

"He's fucking big," Sean retorted a little loudly but complied. He grunted.

"C'mon," I muttered and led him to the bathroom by his shirt.

"What're we doing?"

"Getting him away from carpet."

When we reached the bathroom, my hand automatically went to the light switch and I tried to flick it on again. Sean laughed. "Fail." This time I laughed genuinely. And then the light actually did come on and we both laughed louder.

Until I caught sight of us in the mirror. My shirt was ruined as was Sean's entire outfit and Winston looked at our reflection innocently, the dirtiest of us all. "Bath time," I decided.

"My goddamn white tee," Sean grumbled, but he was grinning. He set Winston in my bathtub and started the water. Surprise surprise when Winston tried to jump out, splattering my bathroom walls with mud and water, and Sean sacrificed what was left of his shirt to keep him in.

"Poor baby," I cooed towards Winston and Sean shot me a playful glare.

"Care to help?" He quirked a brow.

I shook my head and giggled. "You two are filthy."

"Oh yeah?" Sean challenged. He scooped up a handful of water and tossed it at me. I screamed and jumped back and he laughed wildly. Then the stupid sexy man wiped off his shirt like it was no big deal.

I just barely stopped myself from staring. But I couldn't stop myself from blushing madly. "Uh, y-yeah..." He smirked. "Oh, shut up."

Thank God for abs.

*

"There. Now my baby's all clean and he can sleep with his momma," I crooned and kissed Winston on his moist nose.

Sean slapped my butt with the towel that I gave him to dry off and laughed when I jumped. I shot him a stern look that was contradicted by my smile. I couldn't help it. I snatched the towel from his hands and smacked him back.

"No sir," I said firmly. "C'mon now." I led the both of them to my bedroom.

"Does he always sleep in your bed?" Sean asked, the first to jump in and snuggle into my thick blanket.

"Just on rainy days. He usually sleeps on the floor, but since we just bathed him, I guess it doesn't matter." I laid down next to him and acted casual.

He threw an arm over my back and sighed slowly. I could have fallen asleep and died happy right there had it not been for the fact that I felt like I'd just taken a hundred espresso shots. "You should spend the night here," I mumbled into the sheets.

"That's so inappropriate," he cracked. I was glad I didn't have him running for the hills just yet.

I snuggled closer and took my chances. "I get scared during thunderstorms..." It was so below me to use that baby voice but I was desperate.

"You have Winston to protect you," he answered, a slow smile creeping on his face like he enjoyed teasing me.

I groaned. "Are you going to make me say it?"

"Say what?" Now he was full on smirking. Sexy bastard.

I saw an opportunity to observe his face when it was so close to mine and I took it, my eyes memorizing every detail, from the speck of dirt under his gorgeous blue eye to curve in his lips. I didn't fight myself on running a hand through his blond hair and I was impressed with my courageousness. He made a sound of contentment.

I took a deep breath before murmuring, "I want to sleep with you. I don't mean sex. I mean sleep. Together."

Sean said nothing. My heart sank.

Then he rolled me over so my chest was pressed to his and I knew my heart was pounding holes in my chest that he could surely feel but I didn't care because I was so wonderfully close to his lips. "So will you?" I stared at his mouth like I was stalking prey.

"Depends." He paused. "Can I kiss you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. What should I name the sequel?

I would really enjoy reading your comment. They've been scarce lately, not to sound ungrateful, it's just that they make me so happy, so when I don't have any, they make me so sad. NBD.

I'm about to leave you a shit-load of links for you to follow.

You should check out the two fellow Mibbians for their awesome skillz: mockingbird; and wilde. The latter is my personal favorite, but they're both awesome.

Next, you should check out this website: Project Fiction because they have the best online fiction. I love them, even though I'm not good enough to be accepted. I haven't nominated myself, but I know that I'm subpar by their standards. It's whatever.

And here's another song! Yay!