Status: SCHOOL TIME IS BUSY. I'M SORRY. I LOVE YOU. I'LL GET BACK WHEN I HAVE TIME. I SHOULD TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK NOW.

Bad Boys & True Love

Otto

"Do you have to go?" Mike whined. I was beginning to see a lot of similarities between the two of them. Both tall, dark-haired, gorgeous, and incredibly whiny.

He wrapped his arms tighter around Christina's waist as she grinned up at him. She leaned in for a kiss and I looked away. Way to remind me how single I am. But it's not like I know any guys worth dating...other than Sean. I sighed and tapped my fingernails against the doorknob.

"I'm sorry, baby," Christina cooed. "I promised Stella I'd take her to the movies. Girl time. It's some chick-flick, you wouldn't like it."

I almost snorted. X-Men: First Class is not a chick-flick.

"Alright," he groaned.

They both hugged for at least twenty seconds--which might not seem long, but it felt like forever when I was just standing there awkwardly in complete silence while they embraced. Man I need a boyfriend.

With one last kiss exchanged, Christina said our goodbyes and left. I looked over my shoulder at Mike's house. Other than being a third-wheel, it was actually pretty cool to hang out there with them. I'm glad Mike didn't turn out to be some tool.

We got in the car and her annoying music started playing. I chewed on my bottom lip.

"What are you thinking?" Christina asked.

I wrung my hands and tried to look like an innocent little girl. Submit to my will, I commanded her telepathically. "How bad to you want to see this movie?"

She shot me a suspicious look. "Why?"

My eyes darted around the car. "I was thinking...maybe...we could ditch the movie and go back to my place to get ready for the bonfire. I want to look pretty." I crossed my arms over my chest and felt my face burn.

Christina laughed. "You say that like it's a bad thing. So who's the lucky guy?"

One blush faded into another. I mumbled the name under my breath incoherently. Maybe she'd get the hint and pretend like I said it.

"What?"

"Well...Drew Buchanan is going to be there..."

Christina's eyes popped out of her head. She honked the horn in surprise, probably freaking out the surrounding cars, and let her jaw fall freely to the ground. "You like Drew? And you didn't even tell me?!"

I winced. "Not seriously. He's just really hot, you know."

She scoffed. "Hell yeah I know what you're talking around. I was pretty much obsessed with him during sophomore year."

I gave her a look. "What about precious Mike?"

She rolled her eyes and made a turn. "I'd turn down Brad fucking Pitt for Drew Buchanan. Don't tell Mike that though."

At the name of Brad Pitt, my nose wrinkled. "Ew. He's, like, my mom's age. I'd turn down Brad Pitt for James McAvoy any day."

Christina made a noise somewhere between a groan and a laugh. "Please tell me you're not going to go on about James McAvoy again. He's not even that hot."

In a crime of passion, I slapped Christina's arm. She flinched away and we were both surprised. I wasn't normally violent. But don't fuck with me and James McAvoy. "Take it back, Christina Antoinette Perry!"

"No! Are we headed back to your house or what?" she shouted, trying to drive while leaning as far away from me as possible.

I glowered at her. I never fought because my chances were never very good, being a munchkin and all, but I was willing to risk getting a black-eye for my celebrity crush.

Christina sensed the waves of fury rolling off me and looked at me. I think something about my expression scared her silly. "Okay, okay, he's the sexiest man I've ever seen. Shit."

"You don't have to tell me twice," I agreed enthusiastically. I heard her mumble something about me being psycho but it shrugged it off.

*

"I don't want to go anywhere looking like this," I protested.

I thought I was being a generous friend when I let Christina get me all ready for the bonfire. I figured, hey, if Christina gets herself ready in the morning and still looks pretty, she can't be too bad.

Well, I was wrong.

In her defense, I'm sure that the make-up applied would have looked great on someone else in a maybe fancier setting. But I was going to a bonfire and she was trying to force some heels on me. I did like my dress, I had to admit, and she made my ugly hair look somewhat okay, but I felt more prepared to go to prom.

"It's a day dress, Stella! Quit exaggerating, that's all you ever do!" she retorted. I could tell she was hurt that I was less than ecstatic with her work.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Whatever. I feel like a hooker."

"You look hot," she said defensively.

"Fine. But I'm not wearing heels."

"Fine!" Christina threw her arms in the air, her voice tight with exasperation. "I give up! Show up in pajamas for all I care!"

"Maybe I will," I replied stubbornly.

Her face became really red. For a second, I wondered if I should just shut up and fear for my life. Luckily, instead of attacking me, Christina stomped out of my room to go pout elsewhere. I was tempted to yell after her. But I didn't want to get punched. "Screw this," I mumbled bitterly and marched over to my closet.

Tap!

I jumped up. My curtains were closed, but I would have sworn that the sound came from my window. I walked over tentatively and peeked through the curtains. Sean's adorable face grinned back at me. It didn't take me two seconds to tears apart the curtain and rip open the window. Not that I was excited or anything.

"Hey," he shouted. "You busy?"

Okay, Stella, remember the breathe. Remain calm. "I might be," I replied, smiling. No matter what I told myself, I was so nervous I could have peed my pants.

He leaned against his window frame. "Oh yeah? Doing what?"

"Going to a party!" My smile grew. For once in my life, I sounded kind of cool. It was a nice feeling. Maybe I should go to parties more, just for the thrill of saying I am. "You?"

"You're leaving me?" Sean joked. "I'm just supposed to stay here and wait for you?"

My stomach was doing somersaults and back flips. "Well...you could come if you want," I offered shyly. Please say yes, please say yes! I bit my lip hopefully.

Sean stared back at me, his gorgeous lips curved into a smile. I couldn't get over how beautiful his eyes were and how they were looking right at me. "That sounds great. Who's party is it?"

Wait, who's party is it?

Oh yeah. "Drew Buchanan." I forgot I thought that guy was hot. To be honest, it was hard to think of any other guy in front of Sean. James McAvoy could not compare.

Sean's face darkened. I felt my chest tighten in response. Oh shit, I forgot--Sean probably hates Drew after he slept with his girlfriend. Shitshitshit! I couldn't think of anything else to say to him. What could I? 'Sorry Emily cheated on you with Drew, but I hear the party's going to be great!' Yikes.

I bit down on my tongue. "You know, he might not even be there. It's just this stupid bonfire thing."

Sean shook his head. Too late, I guess. "Nah, maybe next time, Stells."

I couldn't keep the frown from falling on my face. It was kind of devastating that I was just seconds away from possibly going out with Sean and my mouth had to ruin it. I really tried to smile but I could feel it coming off as a grimace.

He shrugged, frowning apologetically. "I'm sorry. For a second there, I was really looking forward to hanging out with you."

He closed his window. I stared at it, too stunned to react.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. I'm not too happy with this chapter. Maybe I'll edit it later on if I remember.

But hey, I just wrote it and it's two in the morning. Can you say insomnia?

I have nothing else to say. Except that I'm maybe a little hungry...goldfish sound good....yummy
Holy shit I'm tired.