Status: Hop on board.

Easier To Lie

One.

Kennedy sat with the other four band members of his and their manager. They were having a good lunch before they went to practice. But of course, in order to eat said lunch, Kennedy would have to make it.

While Kennedy was in the kitchen, Jared had decided he wanted some music, so Pat volunteered to run up to the guest room to grab some tracks. While he was in there though, he noticed a human-sized lump in his bed. Pat smirked slightly.

“Hey guys, Kennedy had a fun night last night.” Pat laughed upon his return. The other three looked at him in confusion before he continued. “His fuck from last night is still in the guest room.”

The other boys let out a simultaneous ‘oh’ before John spoke.

“That’s a little harsh. I would let a girl stay in bed with me.”

Right after he had spoken, a tall, thin framed girl appeared in shorts and a thin sleep top.

“Who are you?” The girl asked the unwanted company.

“I think the real question is who are you.” The girl cringed back some at the harsh tone in John’s voice, but introduced herself anyway.

“I’m Mallory Trotter,” She stated simply. Her statement was enough to make John, Jared, Garrett, Tim, and Pat’s jaws drop.

“You’re Kennedy’s sister?” Garrett asked. Mallory nodded at his obvious question.

“Alright guys, it should be out -“ Kennedy stopped where he was and took in the awkward situation around him. “Oh, guys. This is Mallory, my sister. Mallory, these are my band members.” Kennedy explained.

“Why does something tell me they had no idea I was moving in with you? Or even the fact you had a sister?” Mallory asked her older brother.

“Well… Um… You were never really brought up…” Kennedy rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Not only did he want to introduce Mallory to the guys some other way, but his little sister was only wearing a sleep shirt and her hair was ruffled in a sexy bed-head way.

Mallory scoffed and stamped through the living room to the kitchen, muttering a “I see where I stand,”

“Sister?” Garrett asked, obviously confused.

“Uh yeah, she’s been living with my brother and going to school in Minnesota for the past three years. Now she just decided to come back here.” Kenny explained. “And I want all of you to stay away from her.” He warned being the protective brother he is.

The boys just nodded in agreement, while Mallory returned with a glass of orange juice. She sat down on the couch next to Kennedy and leaned into his side.

“I think you should go put some pants on…” He trailed off.

“Relax, John. I have shorts on.” Mallory smiled at her brother.

“Mall, it’s Kennedy now, you know that.”

“Sorry, I spend sixteen years calling you John, and just because you have a bitch fit with dad you run and change your name.” Mallory was definitely the most rebellious and outgoing of the three kids in the Trotter family.

“Well, princess, get used to calling me Kennedy. Over there is Jared,” Kennedy pointed to each of the boys. “Pat, Garrett, Tim, and John.”

“Pleasure,” Mallory smiled. Kennedy sighed at his sister. She was always quite the tease.
“Kennedy tells me a lot about the band. Sounds like you guys are pretty good.”

“Not bad,” John said with his cocky tone. “We’re playing a show in a couple days, you should go.”

“Ooh, um, we’ll see.” Mallory lost her smile and nervously straightened out her shirt. “Well, I’m going to get dressed and get a few things from the store because apparently my brother doesn’t like to eat,” She joked around and punched Kenny.

Once she was out of sight, John let out a low whistle. “How the hell do you guys have the same genes?”

“Hey, I mean it. I don’t want you guys hurting her.” Kennedy warned once again.

“So, what if she comes on to us?” John asked.

“Shut up, fuckwad. She won’t.” Kennedy retorted. Although what was going through his mind was I hope she doesn’t.

-

Mallory returned from the store fairly quickly. As she was putting the groceries away, her brother came in and hopped up on the counter next to her.

“Hey baby sis,” He smiled at her.

“Hey Kenny,” She smiled back at him.

“So, I hope you don’t mind, but those guys are over a lot. Not all at once, always.” He explained while his sister put various items into his nearly bare cupboards.

“Your house, don’t let me stop you from doing your own thing.” Mallory told Kennedy in all honesty.

“Thanks, but listen… I want you to be careful around them. Especially John, he’s been known to be a huge player. I don’t want you to get hurt or anything.” Kennedy shrugged and looked at the tile below him.

Mallory stopped what she was doing. “Kennedy, I don’t think you have to worry about me with your friends. I’m not really into one night stands, and I don’t even know about relationships, so…” She trailed off.

“Well I’m relieved to hear that.” Kenny smiled. “But you should seriously come to the concert tonight! It’s so much fun. After the concerts we go to this hangout spot and eat and drink and have a good time.”

“Is there smoking allowed at the venue?” Mallory scrunched up her nose in disgust.

“No, there’s no smoking allowed in any business in Arizona,” Kennedy informed his sister.

“Okay, then I’d love to go.” She smiled.

Kennedy told her that the concert started in two hours, and he was going to be on his way there. Since Mallory wasn’t ready, she said she’d meet him there.

Mallory had never been to one of her brother’s shows before. But she knew every single word of every single song. She got to the venue and walked into the entrance. Someone came up from behind her and tapped her on her shoulder. She jumped two feet off the ground and screamed when she turned around to see a large man standing behind her.

“Sorry to startle you, miss. Are you Mallory Trotter?” He asked. Mallory wearily nodded.
“Please follow me.” He offered.

“Why?” Mallory demanded.

“I have instruction from your brother to lead you to side-stage,” The man informed her. Mallory just nodded again and followed the man to side stage where she found her brother and the rest of The Maine just chilling out before having to go on stage.

“Hi,” Mallory spoke softly, gaining the attention of everyone.

“Baby sister!” Kennedy exclaimed and went to hug her. “We’re just about to go on!”

“Good thing I got here then, right?” She laughed and Kennedy nodded.

After saying hello to everyone, it was about time for The Maine to take the stage. Mallory stood off to the side, waiting in anticipation to see them finally perform live in front of how ever many people. As they walked out onto the stage, she could just see all the fans rush to the front and try to push past each other.

The beginning of Inside Of You was played, and the cheering was overwhelming. Mallory could definitely get used to watching this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mallory.
Hey everyone! Welcome to this story!
And um... Not much to say, I hope you enjoy it!
Please comment and let us know!