Status: Hop on board.

Easier To Lie

Fifteen.

Mallory woke up in the middle of the night; she couldn’t get to sleep after that because her stomach was grumbling too much. She got up and got one of the bananas off of her nightstand that she had put there earlier. She peeled it lazily and took a bite while trying not to think about the next day’s activities. Garrett was taking her to the zoo. She hadn’t been since she was little and her mean big brother made her drop her ice cream and she cried all the way home.

After finishing her banana, she threw the peel in the garbage and rolled over in her bed to try to sleep. She got to sleep easily that time, thanks to the playlist Garrett made her for the nights she had like these.

-

When Mallory woke up at a reasonable time, she got out of bed and stretched, checking her phone in the process. She had a text from Garrett letting her know what time he’d be over. Which was in an hour. Mallory quickly threw some clothes on and skipped her way downstairs to eat breakfast.

She was very unpleasantly surprised to see John there with her brother. She knew if she said something to Kennedy, John would pipe up and talk to her, and that’s definitely not what she wanted. So ignoring them all together, she made her way to the kitchen and poured a bowl of Rice Krispies, cut up some fruit and toasted a waffle. When she sat down to eat, Kennedy came into the kitchen.

“Hey, I didn’t know you were up.” He smiled over at her.

“I didn’t know John was over,” Mallory replied just quiet enough that John wouldn’t hear her.

“He’s still my friend, Mallory. You don’t have to like him, but be civil. The stress isn’t good for the baby.” Kenny instructed her and she only nodded and waited for her Garrett to come over already.

Fifteen minutes later, Mallory found herself sitting in her brother’s gaming chair while he and John sat on the couches, waiting for Garrett to show up. Like clockwork, the door opened and Garrett shouted his hello. He made his way to the living room and said hello to Kennedy, a short ‘hi’ to John, and a ravishing smile and wink along with a ‘hey baby’ to Mallory.

Mallory blushed at the nickname and she stood up and hugged him. Garrett noticed a grimace on John’s face, so to avoid another encounter like the last, he grabbed Mallory’s waist and hoisted her over his shoulder. She giggled and screamed as Garrett walked them to her room. He set her down on the bed and she kept giggling.

“What was all that?” She asked and pushed a chunk of hair out of her boyfriend’s face with a big smile.

“Just trying to avoid the big meanie pants.” Garrett laughed and bent down to kiss Mallory’s lips. She smiled and held his neck in place. After a moment, Garrett flipped them over so Mal’s body would be pressed against his. He loved that feeling.

Twenty minutes later, their position barely changed, but Kennedy was banging on her door. Mallory got up and begrudgingly answered the door.

“What?” She asked him.

“I don’t want you having sex while I’m up. You can do it when I sleep, or when I’m gone, at Garrett’s, I don’t care, but not here, not now.” He told her and Mallory looked back at Garrett who sat up and started fixing his hair.

“Okay Kennedy,” Mallory agreed whole-heartedly. Kennedy was doing so much for her already, she could follow some simple rules. “We’re going to be off to the zoo anyway.”

“You guys have fun then, I’m going to be with Gabi today.” He told her and was off.

“You’re ready to go, Mal?” Garrett asked and she turned and nodded.

-

At the zoo, Mallory was no different than some of the four year olds running around.

“Garebear! Let’s get Dippin’ Dots!” She exclaimed and ran over to get in line for the treat.
Gare walked over there at his own pace and met his bouncing girl in line. “I’m so happy to be here!” She told him and threw her body against his while meshing their lips together. When they broke, Mallory chuckled and spoke, “The girl behind you is wearing a Maine shirt, and she just took a picture of us kissing.”

Garrett chuckled too and just ignored it. It was their turn to get the odd ice cream treat. Mallory ordered banana split flavored, and Garrett ordered chocolate chip. As the two walked, they talked about endless things. Obviously zombies, Ryan Adams, the band etc. were among the many topics they spoke of. When they were looking at the giraffes, Mallory looked at one and started giggling again. Gare just looked at her like she was crazy.

“That giraffe must be happy to see us.” She told him and he got the hint, laughing too.

“I’m going to call that giraffe John.” Garrett commented while Mallory fell onto the bench behind her and laughed until her sides hurt. She looked up at Gare who had his camera out and was snapping pictures of her.

When she stood up, she took a strong hold onto Garrett’s hand and led him the one thing she remembered about this place that she loved. The butterfly house. They entered it, and millions of butterflies were swarming them. One landed right on Garrett’s nose, and Mallory grabbed his camera and took a picture of it.

“It’s so pretty in here,” Mallory commented while looking at all the ‘scenery’ around her.
There was a lot to make it look like a butterfly’s natural habitat, but with no predators, this must have been a butterfly heaven on earth. “What are you thinking?” She asked him when he was quiet for a while.

“Nature is just so pretty.” He answered.

“Garrett,” Mallory looked at him and took a deep breath. “Don’t say anything if you don’t mean it, but I know this has been kind of a whirlwind romance, but I really have fallen for you and dammit, I think I’m in love with you.” Mallory said all in one breathe.

Garrett just stood, looking at her with a soft smile. He leaned in and rested his forehead on hers. “Baby, I know what love is, and I know when I met you I’d fall in love fast.” He told her and arched her back to kiss her tenderly.

Mallory was just smitten for the rest of the day. The pairs’ hands never left each other’s unless it was completely necessary, in which case they would be plastered together again when they could. They saw the rest of the animals at the zoo, the arctic animals being Garrett’s favorite, and the butterfly house remaining Mallory’s favorite for more reasons than just the obvious one that happened today.

Arriving at Garrett’s house was just a continuation of the great day they were having. His mom and brother were home, and Mallory had really taken a liking to his family, almost like they were her own.

“Hey Mallory, how’s our girl?” His mom came up and gave her a big hug. “And how’s the little one?” She asked curiously. Garrett decided to tell his family about Mallory’s baby. At first, the information was so overwhelming that his father demanded they break up, but after the full story was told, everyone agreed that they would be there for her to help her in a time of need if Garrett had to be gone.

“I’m doing great, and the little on is too, just chilling in my uterus, you know the deal!” Mallory joked and Garrett’s mom pulled out a plate of fresh baked cookies. Mal and Gare both grabbed one and munched them away while they sat and talked at the kitchen table with the Nickelsen family.

Mallory just thought that this was how it was supposed to be. Careless, free, and easy. Much better than her lifestyle in Minnesota. This seemed to be what she wanted, or what she needed, but more importantly…

Garrett, is what she needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not super long, but it was a good ending point!
Sorry for any spelling/grammatical errors, it's 2.30 in the morning, and How It's Made is on... Hehehehe :)

Please comment! They've kind of been suckish.. :/