Status: Hop on board.

Easier To Lie

Twenty-Four.

“K-k- Kennedy,” Mallory cried as she furiously patted her brother’s shoulder.

“What what what?” He asked her, scooting away from her hitting. Mallory showed him the text and his eyes got wide and he froze. Byron looked over too and his face got pale white.

Mallory’s only instinct was to call Garrett. “Pick up, damn you!” She muttered.

“Mallory, I’m sorry I don’t think I’m ready to ta-” Garrett had started, but Mal cut him short.

“Where are you?” She asked in a hurry.

“I’m at home, what’s wrong?” His voice was now rushed and worried.

“Just stay there, I’m on my way over.” She got out and hung up, looking towards her brothers. “Stay together, I’ll be fine, if not I’ll call.” She ran out and raced to Garrett’s house.

Once there, she pounded on the door, checking her back as she waited for him to answer the door. He finally got down there and opened up the door only to be pushed in further by Mallory.

“Ow,” He murmured. “What’s gotten into you?” Garrett asked her.

“This,” Mallory showed him her phone with the text on there. He had the same reaction as her brothers.

Garrett sighed. “Mallory, I don’t have time for some stupid fan hurting your feelings.” He got up and started putting on his jean jacket and grabbed his keys.

“W-where are you going?” She asked him helplessly with a single tear shedding from her eye.

When Garrett saw how upset she was, he stopped what he was doing and took his coat and shoes off. He stepped over to Mallory and picked her up, carrying her to his room. He set her on the bed and crawled over her so that he was on the other side. He rested a hand on her stomach and scooted closer to her.

“Shh,” He said, using his other hand to wipe a few more tears from her eyes. “It’s just a silly fan is all.”

“But Garrett, it’s not!” She burst up to a sitting position and faced him. “It’s someone who has both of my brothers’ numbers and who’s harassing us! A silly fan would be an anonymous person putting hate in my ask box on Tumblr!”

Garrett sighed again and sat up. “Nothing bad is going to happen, okay? Not as long as I’m here.” He pulled her to his chest and rocked her back and forth. She simply nodded.
There was a knock on Garrett’s door and he got up to answer it. Mallory listened to the conversation from his room.

“Is Mallory here?”

“Um, who are you?” Garrett asked.

“I’m Logan, is she here?” Logan? Mallory didn’t know any Logans.

“Why do you want her?”

“So she is here?”

“Why do you want her?” Garrett repeated.

“Listen, I know what happened to her that night at the party.” He said. Mallory got up and stood at the top step to get a better listen. “And I want to help her out.”

“Okay, come on in and go ahead and wait in the living room, I’ll go get her.” Garrett welcomed him in and shut the door. He hopped up the stairs and grabbed her hands with a big smile. “Maybe he knows something.”

“I don’t have a good feeling about this.” Mallory said, keeping her eyes downstairs.

“Baby, he might know who it is.” Garrett told her with high hope in his voice. Mallory tried to trust his theories, but the entire time she was walking down the stairs, her stomach felt like it was going to rupture.

She took a deep breath and faced Logan. As soon as she looked up to him, she ran to the sink to vomit and call 911. She went back to sit with them.

“I’m sorry, morning sickness. Whoever that sick bastard was really did me in.” She grabbed Garrett’s hand tightly.

“So, Logan.” Garrett started. “How could you help us?”

Logan smiled, and Mallory remembered that creepy smile. It made her head pound, and the baby kicked like mad from the stress her momma was under. “Well, first off,” He stood up and pulled a gun out. “On your fucking knees!” He shouted, pointing the gun at them.

Garrett was about to fight back when Mallory grabbed him and pulled him down to the ground. “What do you want from me?” She cried, not looking at him.

“I heard you were pregnant, with my kid. And this asswipe seems to have gotten too comfortable.” Logan seethed, holding the gun to Garrett’s forehead.

“You’re the one who did this to her!?” He yelled cautiously, he didn’t want his brains blown out.

“Mallory was supposed to be mine! If she would have just been willing, we could be together right now!” He took the safety off of the gun and cocked it. “But it seems you’re in the way of us being together.” He cackled.

Garrett sat there, silently crying and holding his hands up. Mallory was doing the same.

“You can have me!” She shouted. Everyone paused and looked at her. “That’s right. I should have been more willing; I knew it was you were the one all along. I don’t want Garrett. You and I could be happy.” She said, slowly standing up and going to his side. Mallory placed a hand gently on his shoulder. “There’s no need to hurt him. I’m all yours.” She smiled a fake, but genuine smile at him. Her tone was convincing too, almost seductive.
Gare just looked at her. What the hell was she doing!?

As thoughts flew through his head, the front door flew open and four police officers flooded the room. “Gun down! On the ground, all of you!” One of them yelled.

“What the hell!?” Logan yelled. Mallory got on the ground, as did Gare. After some help from the cops, Logan was too on the ground, being cuffed. “You whore! You plotted this whole thing!?” He yelled as he was being taken out of the scene. “You fucking slut!” Mallory twisted herself into a fetal position and sobbed.

“Ma’am,” An officer, Officer Gavin, asked. Mallory looked up at him. “Are either of you injured?” He asked, looking between the two.

“No, I’m fine,” Garrett answered for himself.

“My baby, she stopped kicking.” Mallory sobbed and tucked herself deeper into a fetal position. “And… and I don’t know if I peed myself or what… But I’m scared.” She cried out, sobbing in between phrases.

Garrett’s expression dropped and his face got white. It wasn’t his baby, no, but he loved it like it was. She couldn’t have a miscarriage, no! She couldn’t!

“We’ll escort you two to the hospital, let’s go,” The officer helped her up and Garrett ran to get his keys.

-

They made it to the hospital quickly and Mal was in an ER room waiting to be seen by her gynecologist.

“What if she’s gone?” Mallory was still crying as she held Garrett’s hand.

“I don’t think she is, but if the worst case scenario happens, maybe it just wasn’t meant to be. Maybe it was destined for us to have our own baby and love it forever.” He comforted her and rubbed a thumb over her jawline.

“I’m so sorry I slept with John.” She cried harder.

“No, baby, shh. You were doing what I told you to do. I shouldn’t have overreacted like that.” Placing a kiss on her forehead, he noticed how clammy she was. “Calm down sweetie, it’s going to be okay no matter what.”

Soon after, the doctor came in to examine the situation. “Now Mallory, high stress can cause a miscarriage and with your situation, it may be likely. However, there is no blood, which is good, just a clear liquid.” She ran over to the other side of the room to get her ultrasound machine.

Garrett prayed. Yes, actually prayed, that the baby was okay. Not only for the sake of the baby, but for Mallory’s sake too. Mallory closed her eyes tightly to avoid looking at the screen. She felt the cold gel on her belly and the tool moving around.

“Here we are, I see a fetus, not let’s see if we can get a heartbeat.” The doctor said with high optimism. She pressed buttons on her machine and moved around Mallory’s belly for the best angle. “Mallory, you can open your eyes.”

Mallory opened them and looked at the monitor where there was indeed a heartbeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took hella long. I apologize greatly, to the bottom of my heart. I had to ask three different people for help on this chapter because I was so stuck. So thank you for sticking in there!

I hope to improve my updates for this, so I'll be talking with Shelby more often.

Thank you again.