Sequel: Mend Me
Status: Completed :)

Never Meant to Be

Chapter Fourteen

September 20th, 2010
Monday
Ristuccia Arena, Wilmington, MA
10:00 A.M.

It was the first time the Bruins had stepped onto the ice since last season. David had invited Evangeline and Trenton to come along to watch his practice. When she walked in she saw Tammy and Dylan sitting up high on the bleachers. She made her way up the stairs and Tammy noticed her.

“So I hear you and David are together now,” said Tammy smiling. “I knew you two would be good together.” Evangeline smiled and said

“Thanks for getting us together.”

“No problem,” said Tammy. The two boys played around again, chasing one another up and down the row they were sitting on. “They’re so adorable together.” said Tammy watching them. Evangeline looked out at the ice to see the team coming out to skate. She saw Nathan come out looking straight at her. He was still mad no doubt about their fight from three days ago. She hadn’t talked to him since. After him came David who was looking at her with a smile, happy to see she was there. She smiled back and he went to join his linemate Milan Lucic on the ice.

“You two are so adorable together!!” said Tammy. “I need to get Nathan back into a good mood. He seemed really uptight today. I don’t know what his problem is.” The teams skated around the ice and Trenton and Dylan were no longer playing but watching them. The coach called all of the players into a circle and she heard him explain they were going to scrimmage.

“What’s scrimmaging?” asked Evangeline.

“It’s when they play a game against each other.” said Tammy. “It’s fun to watch, the coach lets them fool around a bit.” The team separated and took different sides. David skated off to the right of the rink while Nathan took the left. The right side won the face off and the game began. Evangeline paid attention and tried her best to follow the game and all the different calls the coach made. There were a lot of things she didn’t understand like what an icing or off sides was. She saw David skating with puck up towards the opposing sides net. He maneuvered his way around the other players and was about to take a shot when Nathan came charging into him. He checked him so hard into the boards that the glass had a large break in it. David slumped onto the ice, clearly hurt. The coach hurried over yelling at Nathan who stood over David, looking down on him. Evangeline stood up in fear, how badly was he hurt? She could clearly hear what the coach was saying to Nathan.

“What the hell were you thinking?! We can’t afford to have a player hurt right before the season starts!!” He sent Nathan to the bench while he leaned down to talk to David. Evangeline felt enraged, Nathan had purposely done that. She watched as David slowly got back onto his feet. The fans who were watching the practice clapped as David slowly made his way back to the locker room. He held his injured right foot up, keeping all of his weight on his left.

“I’m gonna kill him later for that!” said Tammy angrily. “Why would he charge him like that?!”

“I’ll be right back,” said Evangeline to Tammy. “Can you keep an eye on Trenton for me?”

“Sure,” said Tammy. Evangeline walked down the bleachers and made her way to the locker room. No one seemed to notice her slipping inside. When she got in she followed the hallway down to the locker room where she found David sitting on the bench, his gear half off.

“Are you ok!!” she said going over to him.

“Ya, I’m fine. My ankles just sprained.” She helped him take off the rest of his gear until he just had his boxers and under armor shirt on. “I’m gonna go attempt to shower, thanks Ang.” He said kissing her lightly. Evangeline felt her stomach do a flip every time he put his lips onto hers. He got up and she helped him over to the showers. She went and sat back down onto the bench and waited. She heard the shower shut off 15 minutes later and then he came out with nothing but his boxers on. She couldn’t help but admire his body as he leaned over and pulled out a shirt and jeans from his bag. He first put on the jeans giving her a long view of his muscled chest. He noticed her looking and smiled.

“You like it,” she blushed and said

“You are really strong.” Smirking he said

“Come touch my chest,” she laughed and said

“What?”

“Come on that’s every girls dream isn’t it?” She laughed and stood up and walked over to him. She slowly lifted her hand and placed it on his chest. He unexpectedly pulled her into a kiss. She wrapped both of her arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss. Evangeline heard someone walk in and broke away from David to see Nathan standing in the doorway. He stood there watching them in shock.

“Hey Nate,” said Evangeline. He gave her an angry glare and David a look of pure resentment and then pushed past them and went into the shower room.

“What’s his problem?” said David.

“I don’t know,” said Evangeline.

“Will you and Trenton come to my condo after?”

“Of course,” said Evangeline. She’d been to his condo once. It was on Beacon St.

“I’m gonna go sit out and watch the practice,”

“Alright, I’ll be right out, I’m just gonna go see what’s up with Nathan.”
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.