Sequel: Mend Me
Status: Completed :)

Never Meant to Be

Chapter Fifteen

September 20th, 2010
Monday
Ristuccia Arena, Wilmington, MA
10:48 A.M.

She waited until David was gone to go into the shower room. She walked in on a completely naked Nathan showering off.

“What are you doing here?” he said.

“Why would you do that to him?” Nathan smirked and said

“I don’t know what you’re taking about.” She crossed her arms.

“You do to know what I’m talking about; you could have seriously hurt him!”

“Whatever,” said Nathan.

“How could you do that to your teammate?!”

“Because I hate seeing him with you, I can’t stand it.” He said.

“You’re jealous?” He was quiet for a moment before saying

“I am, you’re mine. It’s been torture not seeing you for the past three days.” She sighed in frustration.

“I’m not sure what to do about all this,”

“Let me keep coming back over at night and dump David.”

“I can’t do that, I can’t just leave him, he could be my future.” She said. Nathan made a noise of disgust and said

“At least let me visit you every night like I’ve been doing.” He had a desperate look on his face. “Please!” She still didn’t answer him. His face got an even more pained expression and he said “Just let me see you at night, I’ll deal with David. I only want you to myself for a few hours.” Evangeline knew cheating on David was horrible, just like Nathan cheating on Tammy was horrible. Everything was so wrong. But yet again she was so drawn to him. She knew it was wrong.

“You can’t complain about David anymore.” She said quietly.

“I won’t I just want to be with you.” He said.

“Alright,” she said. He smiled and came forward to hug her. She tried to back away, not wanting to get wet but he got his arms around her.

“I love you so much Evangeline.” He whispered into her ear.

“I just wish things weren’t so complicated.” She said.

“I wish I had really known you in high school, if I had I might be married to you instead and everything would be going smoothly.” said Nathan. “I’d wake up to you every morning.” She felt tears come to her eyes but brushed them away not wanting to give him any indication that she agreed. She heard the team come into the locker room. “Quickly got out here,” said Nathan. He directed her to another hallway. “I’ll see you later,” he said kissing her quickly on the lips before sending her down the hallway. She came out of another doorway and saw David sitting on the bottom row of the bleachers waiting for her.

“So what was wrong with him?” He asked her. Evangeline quickly tried to come up with an excuse.

“Um, he was upset about something that went on with Tammy. I think it will all be worked out.” She said trying to sound as little concerned as possible.

“That’s good,” said David. “I don’t think he meant to hit me at all.” Evangeline almost laughed. Anyone watching the hit from the bleachers could tell that the hit was so on purpose. Tammy came up to her followed by Dylan and Trenton.

“Hey, are you alright?” Tammy asked David.

“Ya, just a sprained ankle.” He said.

“Good,” said Tammy. “I’m gonna kill Nathan when we get home for that.” David laughed. Trenton ran up and stretched out his arms upward to be picked up by David. He picked up Trenton and said to Evangeline

“So are we going back to my place?”

“Ya, I’ve only been there once to drop you off, I want a tour.” She said smiling.

Twenty minutes later they were pulling into David’s garage. When they got out and David brought her upstairs and into the living room, everything looked so clean and organized, not what she expected in a hockey players home. He brought her around the first floor and showed her the kitchen, dining room, and his gym. On the second floor he showed her the four bedrooms.

“I think this place is awesome.” She said sitting down on the couch in the living room.

“Thanks,” said David. “It’s usually not this neat; when I have a couple of teammates over things usually get everywhere.” Trenton walked around the room, exploring his new surroundings. “Want to stay over for dinner?”

“Sure,” said Evangeline, “I’ll cook something.”

“No you stay put, I’m gonna try to make something.” He said.

“Want help?” she asked.

“No I have to make it for you and Trenton special. I’m gonna use a cookbook.” He said sounding proud of himself. Evangeline laughed and said

“Alright but if you need help with something don’t hesitate to ask.”

“I won’t,” he said going back into the kitchen. “You’re going to love it.”
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.