Sequel: Mend Me
Status: Completed :)

Never Meant to Be

Chapter Twenty-Five

February 14th, 2011
Monday
Evangeline’s Apartment, Boston, MA
11:00 P.M.

Another seven weeks went by and it was Valentines Day. She hadn't heard anything from Nathan and had put the necklace he'd given her away back in the box. To keep it out of site and mind she put it away in the top drawer of her nightstand. For Valentines Day Evangeline hired Ashley to watch Trenton as David took her out to eat and to the movies. It was a nice night out and David dropped Evangeline off at her apartment. She went up to her apartment and when she opened the door she found Ashley watching TV with Trenton asleep in his crib. She paid Ashley and got ready for bed.

Tammy watched her husband get out of bed. She closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep as she listened to his movements around the room. He went over to the closet and she heard him taking something out. She cracked open her eyes a little to see him pulling on a shirt and then a coat. Where the hell was he going? Tammy waited for him to leave the room before sitting up out of bed. She was gonna find out where he was going. She got out of bed and covered her nightgown with a winter coat. She walked out into the hallway and saw Nathan going out the front door. She quickly went downstairs and put on her winter boots. She peered through the window and saw Nathan getting into the SUV and backing out of the driveway. She waited until he pulled out to go outside. The cold February air made her shiver as she made her way down the front steps. She got into her Mercedes and turned it on.

She had noticed Nathan's absence before, a few months ago in bed but it had stopped happening so she let it go and kept quiet about it. Now she was going to follow him. She felt confused as he drove into the North End. Where could he possibly be going? She kept a good distance behind him so he didn't recognize her car. He pulled down a street and then pulled into a parking lot. It took a moment for her to realize that it was Evangeline's apartment building. What was he doing? Instead of pulling in after him she drove by. After circling around a few blocks she went into the parking lot and inside the building. She saw Nathan waiting for the elevator and decided to take the stairs. She knew Evangeline's apartment was on floor 3 and she ran up the stairs and looked out the small glass window in the door.

She saw Nathan turn down the hallway and knock on Evangeline's door. She felt enraged. What the hell was he doing here this late!? She knew what it meant. He was cheating on her no doubt. She wanted to burst out the door and let him know she'd found him out but she held back. She saw Evangeline open the door. Tammy's predictions were confirmed when Nathan went forward and pulled her into a kiss. She gripped hard onto her coat to stop herself from pulling open the door. She saw red as she thought about all the things she would do to Evangeline if she could get away with it. She gripped so hard onto her coat a few fake nails popped off. She watched Nathan go inside to her apartment and the door shut. She couldn't divorce Nathan, she'd loose everything if she did. She couldn't believe she had brought Evangeline into her home. She would hold onto Nathan, she just needed to get rid of Evangeline. She'd drive her away and then she and Nathan would go back to being a perfect couple.

Evangeline heard a knock on her door and she opened it to find Nathan standing there. Before she could ask him what he was doing there. He pulled her into a deep kiss and trapped her from pulling away by hugging her arms.

"I can't keep away from you," he said. "I can't believe I lasted so many months without seeing you or talking to you." He gently cupped her face in his hands and said "I missed your sweet face." She let him inside and shut the door after him.

"I thought you were never coming back," she said.

"Did you get my necklace on Christmas? I dropped it off here."

"Ya," she said. She went into her room and got the locket. He took it and she let him put it on her. He pushed her hair aside, put it around her neck, and connected the clasp. He turned her around and said

"You look beautiful," she went to look at herself in her bathroom mirror. Nathan came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. He slowly kissed her neck. She felt a heat wave wash over her body as he pushed back the cloth of her shirt from her shoulder and began to kiss further down. "Give into me," he said seductively into her ear. She let him carry her into her bedroom and lay her lightly onto the bed like he'd done so many times before.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

I've been posting so frequently because the stories actually all finished and typed up but I didn't want to post them all at once.