Sequel: Mend Me
Status: Completed :)

Never Meant to Be

Chapter Twenty-Seven

March 1st, 2011
Tuesday
The Horton’s house, Brookline, MA
8:00 A.M.

The days leading up to the wedding were like torture for Evangeline. Tammy took her to the bridal shop to look for a maid of honor dress. She hadn't had a chance to talk to Nathan. He hadn't been able to come and see her at night because Tammy had him busy with wedding preparations. When the day came Evangeline had to get up early and go over to the Horton's house. She would have to get ready there. She dropped Trenton off with David who had agreed to watch him while she was at the wedding.

When she pulled into the driveway and looked up at the huge house she took a deep breath and said

"Here we go," She got out of the car and went up to the door. Before she could knock Tammy opened the door. Her hair was in hot rollers and half her make up was done.

"Hey Ang!" said Tammy with a grin. She came forward and gave Evangeline a tight hug.

"Hey," said Evangeline.

"Come on in I'm just getting my make up done." said Tammy. She brought her to the dining room where several make up artists and hair dressers had spread out their supplies.

"Sit here," said Tammy pulling out a chair next to hers. The moment she sat down make up artists and hair dressers began working on her.

"So are you excited?" said Tammy.

"Ya," said Evangeline.

"You're going to see how strong Nathan and I are and how much in love we are." she said. "He'll never leave me; we're going to be married forever." Evangeline didn't answer but felt Tammy's challenging blue gaze on her. "Nobody can pull us apart." Evangeline looked at Tammy feeling extremely intimidated. Did she know? Tammy smirked at her and stared down into her eyes. Evangeline looked away, unable to keep the connection. She was grateful to close her eyes to let the make up artist put on her eyeshadow. They didn't talk for the rest of the time there. Evangeline changed into the blue dress Tammy had wanted her to wear. It wasn't the most flattering dress. She could've chosen something so much better, but Tammy had wanted her to wear it. She had dressed in the bathroom and when she came out she saw Tammy standing there in the gorgeous dress Evangeline had seen her wearing in wedding pictures. She felt tears coming to her eyes and a few overflowed and streamed down her face. If only she was the one in the white dress.

"What's wrong?" said Tammy with a smirk.

"You look so beautiful," said Evangeline. "I can't wait for my wedding day." The two girls were helped walking down the stairs and into a limo waiting outside for them. Tammy sat in a seat across from Evangeline still smirking at her. Evangeline felt extremely uncomfortable.

"I know what you and Nathan have been doing." said Tammy. Evangeline knew it was coming. "It won't be happening anymore, not when I'm through with you."

"Tammy please I-"

"Don't even try to defend yourself. You're so pathetic; did you really think I wouldn't find out?" She tried to talk again and began to say

"Tammy I-" She interrupted again and said

"How long has this been going on?" Evangeline thought about telling the truth but instead said

"Since September,"

"I knew it!" said Tammy. "I knew he was leaving at night!" Evangeline saw the church approaching and Tammy said "You don't say anything to Nathan about this or I'll make your life even more of a living hell than I already plan to." Tammy straightened herself up and put on s huge fake smile as the driver opened up the limo door. Tammy stepped out and said in a sickly sweet voice "Come on my maid of shame." Evangeline still sat in the limo in shock. The driver called her out and she got herself to move. Her eyes were blurred with tears as she followed Tammy out to the entrance where they stood waiting for the signal to go in. When the usher directed them in she turned back to Evangeline and snapped "Smile like you're happy, and hold up my train." Evangeline wiped the tears from her eyes, and forced a fake smile. She walked into the church in sync with Tammy. She saw all the faces around them looking down the aisle at them smiling. Evangeline felt her eyes fill with tears again. She looked further up to see Nathan standing there looking not at his wife but at her with sad eyes. He shook his head knowing how wrong the whole thing was. He had decided to wear the same white suit he had for his wedding. When they got to the alter she heard Nathan whisper in her ear with a heart broken voice.

"I'm so sorry I never meant for any of this to happen to you." She let a few tears fall as she looked into his eyes and then went to stand beside Tammy. The words the priest used were different than a normal wedding ceremony. She barely heard what was being said as she hung her head. She did pay attention when Tammy began to talk. She turned to Nathan and said

"Nathan Horton you have been my husband for almost three years now and we are going strong like we will for our entire lives. Nothing or nobody will ever get in our way. We will be together forever." Evangeline tried her best to not smudge get makeup as she wiped her eyes again. Nathan looked at her and then back to Tammy

"I love you too." he said in a cracked voice. She saw him take a deep breath and say "We will be together forever." Tammy smiled and the small crowd clapped as Tammy moved forward and kissed Nathan. Evangeline let her tears fall freely now as the crowd filled into the aisle to see Tammy and Nathan. Evangeline had to leave before she looked like a mess. She turned to run down the aisle and heard Nathan call after her

"Evangeline wait!" She ignored him and continued down the aisle. She felt him grab her shoulder and she turned her tear stained face to him. She could feel her mascara running and wanted the ugly dress off as soon as possible. "I'm so sorry about this," she pulled away and ran down the rest of the aisle. Nathan tried to follow her but his family held him back as they bombarded him with congratulations and questions about how Dylan was. Evangeline knew she had to get away. She had to leave this city and everyone behind for good.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

Evangeline's dress
Tammy's dress