Sequel: Mend Me
Status: Completed :)

Never Meant to Be

Chapter Twenty-Eight

March 1st, 2011
Tuesday
Evangeline’s Apartment, Boston, MA
3:00 P.M.

When she got back to her apartment she felt sick to her stomach. She felt it coming and went into the bathroom and threw up into the toilet. She got herself off the floor and looked into the mirror. Her face and hair was a mess her make up was all over her face and the bobby pins holding her hair had come loose. She washed her face off and then brushed her hair out. Her eyes were still deeply red from crying. She took off the dress and put on some comfortable sweatpants and a plain white top. She felt sick and dizzy she got into her bed. She leaned over the side of her bed and pulled her trash can to the side incase she needed to throw up again. She picked up the phone and called David

"Hey," she said. "I just got back from the church sick to my stomach could you drop Trenton off?"

"Sure," said David in a concerned voice. "Do you want me to stay with you." She smiled and said

"It's ok I really don't want to get you sick too."

"Alright I'll be there soon."

The rest of the might went horribly. After David came and dropped Trenton off Evangeline remained in bed and watched Trenton play with his toy cars on the floor. She got a total of twenty calls from Nathan but refused to answer. She was done with Boston; as soon as she was better she was leaving. She only got up to put Trenton to sleep and then went back to bed and fell asleep.

The next morning she woke up sick again and had to call Talia to tell her she couldn't make it into work. She managed to move on the couch to let Trenton watch morning cartoons. The last time she felt this disgustingly sick was when she was pregnant with Trenton and had had horrible morning sickness. This led her to thinking about her period. When was the last time she had her period? It had been a long time. She felt horror rise deep inside her. What if she was pregnant? She got up and went into the bathroom and found a few pregnancy tests in the medicine cabinet. They were from the time Talia had a pregnancy scare and had taken a few tests.

Five minutes later she sat on her bed nervously waiting for the results. She had taken three and left them lying out on the sink counter. She took a deep breath and went into the bathroom to face the truth. She saw all three of the sticks had two lines across them, meaning positive. She closed her eyes in disbelief. This can't be happening to her again. Shed been through this before. It definitely wasn't David's, he was so careful to use a condom every time they had sex. It was Nathan's again.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.