Status: Finished.

Falling Into Place

At the Mall

Things for Jenna had been extremely rough lately, she’d just gotten out of a relationship, and her family was driving her a little crazy. For her own sanity she was able to get out of her home, and travel to Dallas where she was free of everything almost.

She had found a place with her friend, and things were finally looking up now that she didn’t have her family around all the time. She loved her family more than anything but for her own sanity it was best that she got out of there. She was hoping everything would eventually fall into place.

So her friend got a place in Dallas and decided that Jenna needed to come live with her. Jenna was still getting used to the area, because even though she had only lived hours away, it was still a lot to get used to. Mostly because she didn’t have her family sticking her into situations that she didn’t want to be in.

And now she didn’t have any of that, it was only her and what she had to do to fix herself. This was something she was scared to do, even though she acknowledged the thought, actually doing it was still seeping into her mind.

Although she still had her little girl Vanna to worry about, her stress had gone down considerably. Being happy was something she was going to get used to, she was determined to figure out how to live her life without all the stress. It was hard to help someone when they didn’t want help.

Vanna was the most important thing in her life, and she was the light of Jenna’s life. She had spent years taking care of her nephew, and while she loved him, her love for Vanna was something different.

In Dallas she was seeking treatment for a long time problem, and her friends were supporting her whole-heartedly and were proud of her for seeking treatment. Jenna was always the type of person to drop everything to help a friend or her family, and put herself on the back burner but when it came to herself she didn’t know what to do.

In an effort to free themselves from the drama in their lives Katy and Jenna took off to Dallas and were lucky enough to find jobs. It was looking up considerably. Jenna decided that she wanted to go out on the town today and possibly do some shopping.

So she got Vanna ready, and headed out to an area she knew where there was lots of shopping. It was so cute watch Vanna in public because she was so curious about other people. She often would reach out and wave to other people as they were walking down the sidewalk.

“What are you doing?” She asked as she spoke on her cell phone, long distance to her friend, coincidently also named Jena, just spelled differently. Jena had been concerned for her friend since the move considering it was such a big step.

“Nothing much,” Jena sighed, “I’m just watching some movie.”

“Oh, which one?” She asked laughing.

“Halloween,” Her friend answered with a smile, knowing they had shared an interest in the movie. “I’m so glad I’m talking to you and I don’t have call waiting.”

“Yeah because you wouldn’t want Michael to hit you up,” Jenna joked as her eyes scanned the windows of the stores inside the tiny mall she was in. She liked the fact that she could go out by herself and just enjoy the day with her daughter.

She had stopped at the small place that served soft pretzels after buying some clothes for Vanna, which she knew she was going to look cute in. Vanna was getting bigger and bigger every day, so she wondered if the clothes would actually fit her daugher, however she wasn’t that big yet.

“No,” Jena laughed, “I would hang up the minute I would hear his breathing.”

“So would I,” Jenna said as she ordered the pretzel and walked over to sit down for a few minutes.

“What are you doing?” Jena asked of her friend after hearing some noises in the background.

“I’m at the mall with Vanna,” She said sitting down after turning Vanna’s stroller to face her.

“Awesome, well I’ve got to go,” Jena groaned a bit, “The bell tolls.” Jenna knew that meant her mom needed her. When she thought about it, she kind of wished her mom needed her, but at the same time, she was glad to just be enjoying the day.

After hanging up with her friend she continued to eat the pretzel and noticed that Vanna was looking around pointing at things like she had been doing all day. “Do you want a bite?” She asked her daughter ripping off a piece of the pretzel and watched her as she sucked on it.

Jenna texted some of her friends before getting up off the bench and continuing to walk around the mall, finally hitting Hollister, she went inside and pulled Vanna from the stroller on to her side and kept walking as she began to sit items in the stroller.

She had gotten used to Vanna waving to strangers, so she slightly ignored the embarrassment, even though sometimes it was hard to. Though she was glad her daughter was enjoying her day out. Every stranger that passed her got a wave and sometimes even a giggle.

As Jenna went along she saw this cute shirt up at the very top of the display, which made her grimace. Because Jenna was not able to reach it even on her tip toes it would be hard, considering she was just hitting five feet. Sometimes it was a curse being short and sometimes it was a blessing in this case, it was bad.

Standing on her tip toes trying to grab the very bottom of the shirt she tried to maneuver the hanger off it’s rack, and hopefully pull it down successfully. However, somehow in the transition she lost her footing and started to fall backward.

Jenna was instantly confused when she felt arms go around her, successfully catching her before she hit the floor. She let out a sigh of relief and immediately started to apologize to the stranger, however she hadn’t turned around to look at him.

“It’s okay I caught you,” She heard a male voice speak before she fully turned around and looked at the stranger he was blonde, tall and skinny. And she instantly recognized who he was. She was speechless to say the least.

“Thank you,” She blushed as she looked at him, then looked down at Vanna when she made a noise. When Jenna turned her attention to her she giggled and waved to him.

“Hi,” He waved to the little girl and smiled. Before he went over and grabbed the shirt Jenna was trying to reach previously. He took it down and handed it to her smiling, “You have a cute kid.” When he said that his grin increased.

Jenna could feel her heart beating so fast, it was almost at the speed of a lab mouse because she was so nervous in front of him. She was also attempting to suppress the awkward fan girl moment. “Thank you,” She squeaked as she ran her hand across her daughter’s face.

“Welcome,” He smiled, “And here’s that shirt.” He said handing it to her.

“Thanks,” She breathed tossing it into the stroller. She wasn’t sure what else to say but she decided to ask him what he was doing, it was a natural question in the line of conversation. “So what are you doing now?”

“I think the guys and I are gonna go grab something to eat,” He told her pointing back to his friends feet away from her.

“Oh that’s cool,” She smiled, even though right now she could pretty much die of embarrassment.

“Would you want to go with us?” He asked, which pretty much blew her mind that he asked her that.

“You mean me?” She wondered, thinking he had to be talking about some other girl.

“Yes, I mean you,” He laughed, stepping toward her, “You cute nameless girl and your cute kid.” Jenna blushed further as she licked her lips and looked to Vanna.

“It’s Jenna, and this is Vanna,” She murmured and smiled as she adjusted her daughter on her hip.

“Well Jenna, would you like to join me for lunch?” He asked with a sly smile.

“Sure,” She blushed as she moved the stroller and went to go pay for some of the clothes she was going to buy. After she made her purchases she placed her daughter back into the stroller and continued off with Kyle. She couldn’t believe this was happening, her hopes were starting to happen, and things were starting to fall into place.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was especially written for Jenna. Loves you.