Fear of Heights

Acrophobia [And Other Irrational Fears]

She's got a fear of heights, not a fear of falling though they say that a fear of falling would be somewhat more plausible, somewhat more logical.

This fear of hers, this fear of heights; it stimulates her fear of herself. She claims to fear the monster that she's become and she wishes it away, every single day.

She's got a fear of the dark too and the dark, it hides in her room. There's a man beneath her bed, she says, and he waits for dark to come. This man's name is Ed, she says, and he reminds her of someone.

This fear of hers, this fear of the dark; it stimulates her fear of herself. Ed reminds me of me, she cries, the dark reminds me of me.

She's got a fear of faith and love, a hesitance to believe. They are both a trap, she states, the long walk before the fall, and that fall is disappointment, she hesitates, yet the decision to walk at all is foolish.

This fear of hers, this fear of faith and love; it stimulates her fear of herself. While others hold faith in her, she longs not to disappoint them yet she claims to know that she will. However, I have faith in her still.

She's got a fear of heights, but not a fear to fall. To fall would be her pleasure, she's not afraid to fall at all. She'd give into the temptation (that ghastly, devilish thing); she'd lean against the gale, without a thought on her mind, and simply take a leap without a glance behind.

This fear of hers, this fear of heights; is stimulated by the longing to hold on. The varying periods of mania she desperately craves, are her reason to hold on.

She's got a fear of the mirror, and the person that it presents. Superstition is not a problem; every mirror has been cracked, the problem is her self-esteem and the faith that she lacks.

Perhaps they're right; the doctors, specialists, psychiatrists and such. Perhaps they're right in saying that she hasn't a fear of heights but they're certainly wrong in saying that she suffers a fear of the fall. The fall is not the issue, and she would fall with ease, it is the matter of letting go, the step before the release.

She hasn't a fear of heights, nor has she a fear to fall; she purely fears the temptation, the urge to jump when facing the descent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Though I didn't write this, feedback would be very appreciated.