Sequel: Happily Ever After
Status: Complete

Even Lovers Drown

Chapter 63

Fingers sliding from Saylor, Blake pressed her lips against her inner thigh, a chaste kiss against hot skin. Heavy breathes, recuperating gulps of air, rocked Saylor’s chest. Tight fists tormented the comforter, refused to release the heavy fabric from their hold. Sweat dusted her body in a light layer. And her scent surrounded Blake. The intoxicating fragrance filled her with each shallow breath and fueled her desperate need for more. More of Saylor’s body. More of Saylor quivering under her. More of Saylor. Only Saylor.

But she couldn’t indulge in her need, no matter how desperately she needed it. Their hotel room, housing the two of them for now, was still missing a resident, and Sage hadn’t mentioned a return time in the midst of her quick goodbye. She may have walked in on more than one naked groupie tangled in Blake’s hold but Blake wouldn’t risk embarrassing Saylor by letting the same thing happen.

Saylor wasn’t a groupie.

Blake crawled from her position between delicious thighs to straddle Saylor. Their lower bodies pressed together, a last moment of intimacy before they would be forced to get dressed. Her skin seared Blake’s through her panties. Green eyes stared up at her, heavy-lidded, hazy, wanting more. Plump lips parted under staggered breathing. Her cheeks were flushed, a light pink hue that traveled down to her breasts. Blake did that to her. Pride welled in her chest, burst through her veins, and excited her heart. So uncontainable, she couldn’t keep herself from craning her neck and claiming Saylor’s lips in a kiss. Their lips melded, their tongues embraced. Her hands ran over Saylor’s body, gliding over curves, brushing hard nipples, massaging her stomach, tickling the thatch of hair covering her mound. All for Blake.

“Cuddle with me,” she mumbled against Saylor’s lips.

She’d prolong dressing a little longer for the sake of giving Saylor more affection. Besides, Blake had never gotten the chance to cuddle after her groupie encounters. It never seemed appropriate then, and even if it was, they were gone before she could tuck them in her arms. Saylor wasn’t them though. She was hers and they would get to cuddle.

“Okay,” Saylor replied, her lips brushing Blake’s.

Reluctant to break their physical bond, Blake slowly slid off her, released her from the constricting hips and legs, and lay next to her. Saylor curled against her side. Her head rested against Blake’s collarbone, her arm rested over her stomach, and her legs slipped into hers, a comfortable tangle of their limbs. Blake held her close, arms tight around her waist.

And they laid there in content silence, listening to each other breathe.

Sighing, Blake kissed Saylor’s forehead. “We should get dressed.”

Unfortunately.

Saylor shook her head, fingers skimming Blake’s stomach and resting on the waistline of her panties. “We’re not done yet.”

Before those teasing fingers could slip into her panties, Blake grabbed her hand, stopped her in her quest. Green eyes snapped to meet hers, hints of fear brewing in their depths.

She hadn’t meant to scare her, hadn’t done anything threatening. Katie was at fault, she knew that. Her influence on Saylor’s behaviors just wouldn’t go away, and Blake didn’t know how to help. She didn’t even know what Katie had done, wouldn’t know unless Saylor would talk to her.

Patience. Blake needed to be patient. Saylor would tell her. In time. And Katie would be forgotten.

Cupping Saylor’s cheek, she kissed the tip of her nose. “Sage might walk in.”

Her face relaxed, fear washing from her features. A childish pout set on her lips. So adorable.

“That’s not fair,” Saylor protested.

“It’s fair.”

“But—“

Her complaint was lost in Blake’s lips, swallowed by her kiss, and when Blake pulled away, she made no moves to attempt her complaint again. Good. There were ways to restrain her and not terrify her.

She hadn’t imagined ever needing tricks to restrain Saylor.

“Why don’t you go shower?” Blake suggested, “I’ll get dressed.”

“Okay.”

Another kiss and Saylor detangled their limbs, rising from the bed and strolling to the bathroom. Blake watched, her eyes hooked the consistent swing of her naked hips, until she disappeared into the bathroom. She didn’t hear the door close or a lock being fastened, but the shower started. Sounds of water hitting flooring, then an interrupting body, floated through the room, not muffled. Chuckling, Blake adjusted her position on the mattress to ease the pressure on her tattoo and listened to the changes in the water’s falling pattern.

Saylor was seriously going to shower with the door open. Either in a failed attempt to be stubborn or as an invitation for Blake to join. Blake wasn’t sure which, if those were even plausible assumptions. She could very well have been accustomed to leaving the bathroom door open while showering, ease a fear of containment or something similar, or forgotten to close it.

Debating on whether she should rise to shut the door for her or leave it alone, Blake missed the change in the falling water’s pattern, from hitting a body to hitting the floor again. There were no other noises to alarm her, only the steady tempo of water hitting tiles.

A form materialized in her unfocused vision, forcing her world to return in sharp images. Saylor stood before her, naked. Water streaked her skin and dripped from her flaming hair. Droplets clung to the tips of her hard nipples, created a tiny pool in her bellybutton, tangled in the thatch of curls covering her sex. Her green eyes were bright and her smile mischievous. Like a mythical water nymph ready to cause trouble. A mermaid coming to drag her into the ocean.

“You coming?” Saylor asked, words flowing from her lips in sultry proposition.

For a moment, Blake didn’t move, frozen in place by that voice, mind shut off, her eyes roaming. Until the question penetrated her distracted thoughts. She scrambled from the bed, nearly falling over herself in her rush to reach Saylor. Laughter, delicious as her voice, caressed Blake’s ears.

Teasing nymph.

She met less challenges darting across the floor, dodged bags and discarded clothing. With each quick step she took towards Saylor, Saylor took one backwards, away from her, keeping distance between them. A playful chase leading her to the bathroom.

Blake stopped in the doorway and rooted her hands on the frame, filling the space and blocking any possibility of exit. She’d be able to catch her if she attempted to dart out, drag her dimpled ass back into the safety of the bathroom.

It was a very nice dimpled ass.

But Saylor didn’t seem inclined to continue her mischief. Under Blake’s hungry gaze, she seemed completely at ease. In control. Though she was the one trapped. And Blake felt trapped by her spell, wrapped so tightly around her sleek fingers she may burst from her skin.

“Come here,” Saylor said.

Her sultry voice, that alluring tone, held no authoritative edge. This wasn’t a command, more an invitation. But her naked skin, dripping wet in the most delectable manner, made the invitation impossible to refuse, made the invitation a command. She couldn’t deny her.

Blake stepped into the room, shutting and locking the door behind her. Insurance of their privacy. She crossed the floor in quick strides and reached for Saylor, intent on wrapping her in tight hold.

And Saylor stepped away from her grasp before she could touch her. Just out of reach.

Confused, Blake let her arms fall to her side. Her head tilted, her eyes stared intently. Waiting. Watching. For her next move. What game was her silly nymph playing now?

“You can’t shower in underwear,” Saylor said.

Blake tore her eyes from her naked lover and looked down at her clothed body. Plain black undergarments covered her personal regions, manipulated cotton made more for comfort than sex appeal. Lacey bras and miniscule thongs were pretty. On other women. Blake liked to ogle body parts ornamented in those garments. She didn’t like to wear them.

She met Saylor’s gaze again, feigning shock. “I can’t?”

Laughter sparkling in her eyes, Saylor shook her head. Water droplets fell from her hair and dribbled down naked skin. Blake’s eyes followed their short paths, hungrily roaming, then darted to Saylor’s amused green eyes again.

“You should take them off,” Saylor stated.

A request dripped in sultry suggestion. Blake was willing to heed any of her requests. She was at her mercy

Blake reached behind herself, unhooking the clasp of her bra in a movement that didn’t look quite as awkward as it felt. Her bra fell to the floor, her breasts free from the constraining hold of wired cups and revealed for Saylor’s eyes. And Saylor didn’t restrain her gaze. Her enchanting, green eyes swept over Blake’s newly exposed body parts, appreciating hunger lurking in their depths. Enjoying the attention, her nipples tightened, puckered into light brown buds, and wetness collected between her legs.

She wanted more of Saylor’s appreciative attention.

Eager, she placed her hands on the waistband of her panties, hooking her thumbs under the elastic. Saylor’s gaze followed and settled on the area between her thighs. Hot. Impatient. Wanting. Blake slipped the undergarment from her body, simple cotton the texture of silk against her sensitive skin, and dropped them, forgotten, to the tiles.

She was completely exposed, naked in front of her beautiful water nymph, any bodily insecurity uncovered, and, amid the swirl of heated desire, she felt content, complete, secure. States she tried to reach through flings with groupies but couldn’t.

“Better?” Blake asked.

Green eyes darted to her face, attention drawn away from her body. Mischief still danced in them and radiated from Saylor’s smile. She didn’t say a word but stepped backward into the shower. Water stroked her body in tantalizing streams. Below the waterfall, she seemed to glow like a mythical creature. Radiant.

Heeding her unspoken command, Blake stepped into the shower, entranced. Her arms wrapped around Saylor’s waist and drew her close, their naked bodies pressing together under the consistent flow of water. A hand tangled in her wet curls and guided her lips to Saylor’s. Soft. Demanding. A passionate bond of their lips. The delicious taste of her on her tongue. Blake moaned, the sound lost in their kiss, and relinquished all control, let her whole being fall into Saylor’s power.

Her back hit the shower wall. Hands brushed her nipples, teased them with light touches. Another moan lost in their kiss. Saylor’s lips left hers and moved to her ear, breath hitting her skin.

“Sage can’t walk in on us in here,” she whispered.

And one of her teasing hands dropped to her clit.

Blake’s head fell back against the shower wall, her eyes slid shut, a moan pushed past her lips. Her hips rocked in unsteady tempo, unable to remain motionless. Fire surged through her veins. Responses to Saylor’s gentle caress.

Lips pressed behind her ear, against her pulse, down her collar bone, searing her flesh. Teeth nipped one breast and a hand squeezed the other, kneaded her in clumsy fingers. Blake’s hand tangled in silky, red locks. Subconscious need to keep her tantalizing mouth in that spot. Her moans and murmurs were unrestrained, to let Saylor know she enjoyed her loving touch, to keep Saylor’s touch on her. Encouragement.

Saylor’s fingers trailed her wet, waiting slit. Teasing, stalling, in her nymph-like way. Blake only moaned and arched, didn’t demand those fingers be put where they belonged. Commanding would do no good.

Up. Down. Up. Down. The motion repeated, so frustrating Blake thought she might force her in. Until, finally, one finger and a second filled her. She groaned, her hips jerked, but Saylor’s fingers were still.

“Is this okay?” Saylor’s sultry tone was laced in insecurity.

Blake peered down at her, where she was still bent over her breasts. Green eyes stared up at her from under dark lashes. Timid. Gone was her mischievous nymph, her daring mermaid, and returned was her fearful lover, back from wherever those ever-present memories had been buried. A step back from their previous progress.

Blake would fix that.

“Yes, baby, yes,” she mumbled between staggered breaths. She kissed the top of Saylor’s head. “Don’t stop.”

Saylor dropped her head again, lips and teeth trailing over the curves of her breasts and teasing her areola, and her hand resumed its tender squeezing. The fingers between her thighs moved in unsteady rhythm. Shy, almost fearful, at first. But Saylor’s movements became more confident the more Blake murmured her approval.

Blake rode Saylor’s hand, rocking in time with her ever changing tempo. Desire scorched her stomach, her veins, her skin, her everything. Her walls clenched around lithe appendages, her body ached for release. Almost there, almost there.

Lips caught her nipple, a thumb hit her clit, and her world crumbled in a white flash. Her mouth opened in silent scream. She didn’t make a noise. She didn’t think she did. She didn’t think she could, her lungs clenched as tight as her walls.

Her body slowly came down from the euphoric high, her limbs becoming jelly, her lung filling in quick pants. Saylor slipped out of her, moved away and stood under the middle of the shower stream. Her head cocked to the side and her eyes danced over her. That mischievous glint returned, her insecurity disappearing again.

“Bath time,” Saylor said, reaching for the bar of soap situated on the ledge. “Where do you want me to start?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to MRGF123, bippy102, I am Cheese! :3, SpencerG, mewtwosangel, Sincerely-Angela, choliecole, paramore_fan07, Reba, QueenofSpades, Tori the Elf (commented twice), and Her_princess_love for the story comments.
Thank you to Only a day away... for the message.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
You guys are silly.
The sex scene in the last chapter was not that good.
But I am getting better at writing them.
Considering the publishing company I'm interning for publishes a lot of erotica (and I have to read a lot of it to write pitches), that would make sense.
For those of you who didn't know there were published lesbian romances, I suggest checking out the websites for:
Bold Strokes Books (my absolute favorite company)
Bella Books
And searching Amazon or Barnes and Noble's site for lesbian romance.
It may be a bit of a niche market, but there's a lot out there.
Oh, look, another sex scene.
Sex scenes are nice.
*nods*
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Dakota Ray