Status: Writing

The Beauty and her Beast

Chapter 1

Hey, this is my 1st story, thnx for checking it out :)
Please comment and tell me what you think!

I woke up feeling like I had a hangover, I had the most biggest headache and felt like I was going to collapes.

"Dave...?" Lucy, my mum groaned. Well she was definitely having a hangover.

I sighed and led her back to her room. "No, I'm Jake." Dave is my father that I've never met. He left Lucy before I was born.

I usually call mum Lucy since she didn't act like a mum, more like a 2 year old.

"Get some sleep" I ordered and put the blanket over her. She nodded and fell back into a deep dream.

I went over to the bathroom to wash my face before I prepared Lucy and me a breakfast and lunch.

I stared at my face and quickly looked away. My eyes were scary, I'm serious, If you saw it you would definitely avoid me.

I had dyed my hair from brown to black then blue highlights in it. It looked good and the fringe hid my eyes so I could avoid stares as I walked down the school hall.

I had no one to really call a friend, other that Nick. Nick is part of the student council and is smart, not street smart, kind and usually is high on something.

I walked over to the kitchen, kicking some of Lucy's clothes out of the way there.

I liked cooking, cleaning and sewing and all that stuff that people would not expect a guy to do. When I got into it, it was hard to snap out of it.

Nick saids I'm really nice too, it's just too bad other's can't see that.

Well Kelly probably does, I blush. She's in my class and usually hangs out with me and Nick. She's always smiling, pretty, kind, energetic and busy! She spends most of her life doing part time jobs at multiple places, or playing afterschool sports or club sports.

She has short red hair and has her fringe pulled back with bobby pins.

She has a great personlality, I on the other hand is just quiet, scary and boring.

After eating breakfast, I pack my stuff up and head for school. Today is the first day of a new year. I'm in grade 12 now. "yes! just one more year till freedom!" I think happily to myself.

I lock the door and head off. I live in an ancient house. It's falling apart and needs to be re-painted. Right next to our house is an luxuary apartment! The building took over 5 months to complete and it was a nightmare, the noise was deafening.

As I walk down the hall I see Nick and he waves me over.

"yeah?" I ask.

"I heard Kelly's in our class again" he winked. I blushed and shoved him.

"shuttup"

"Jake! Nick!" Kelly rushed over skipping and jumping like she was walking over hot surface. My cheeks went redder and I looked away.

"we're in the same class" she smiled. "and Tikea'll be in our class too"

"Who's Tikea?" I asked.

"Tikea's my best friend, you've never met her, she's short and is really cute looking." Kelly raised her arm up to her chin to indicate how tall Tikea was.

"well, I gotta get going" I muttered. I neaded to get out of here before I turn too red.

I was really happy, maybe this year would turn out well-

Thump!

I looked down and noticed that I had walked into a girl, or the girl had walked into me...

She was really short and had long wavy honey brown hair...and a cute face.

"Um-"

She shoved me out of the way and walked on. 'okaay...what's with her...'

She turned around to glare at me when she heard me mutter.

The people around us stopped to watch. "It's Tikea, she's doing it again..."

"You have a problem with me?" Tikea asked walking up to me. I shook my head. She jabbed me in the shoulder every time she said a word. "You. Better. Back. Off! Okay?"

I nodded vigourously and she turned away. I was finally able to breath.

So this was Tikea, maybe my year wouldn't turn out so well after all.

During PE we were able to leave our bags in the classroom. I decided to leave for a drink while the other's were practicing their basketball dribbling.

I passed my empty classroom and decided to just wag the class and stay there. I took my drink out of the bag and a note fell out of it as well.

I picked it up and opened it.

-Nick, I just love you so much. You mean everything to me, From your secret admirer.-

I snorted with laughter. This was so cheesy! I guess the person put it into the wrong bag.

"Why do you have that?" A voice asked from behind me. I scrunched the note and hid it behind my back. It was Tikea, and she wasn't pleased to see me.

"Did you write this?" I asked.

She blushed and looked away.

Suddenly she lunged for the note. "Holy s---!" I was caught off guard. I managed to dodge the attack and she growled.

"Give it!" she ordered.

"here" I said and held out the note. She grabbed it and shoved it into her pocket.

"You know, it's ookay to like my friend" I said. "I like yours too."

She looked up. "What?"

Crap. "um...do you want me to give that to Nick?" I eyed the pocket with the note in it.

"You like Kelly?" She smiled wickedly. I flushed. "well well well...then what about this?" she held out her pinky. "You help get me and Nick together and I'll help you with Kelly"

I shook my head. "You know you need my help" she smiled, clearly enjoing this. "all you have to do is find some plan to get Nick and me together, then I'll do the same for you...just pinky swear it"

I shakily held out mine and we agreed.

"well seeya, whatever your name is" Tikea walked off when the last bell rang.

"It's Jake" I called out. She nodded and slammed the door. Great, I had gotten myself into a whole lot of trouble!
♠ ♠ ♠
Pleae comment! and tell me what you think :)