This Night Means Everything

Just thinking about the smell of coffee

I've always found the smell of coffee comforting. It reminded me of when I was little when I would listen to my dad get ready for work really early in the morning. The smell would wake me and I would just lay there and listen. I wouldn't ever see him until that evening because he left before five but it always felt like I had him with me all day after hearing him get ready and smelling the coffee.

I smiled at the memory as I walked in the coffee shop with Taylor. "What the hell are you grinning at?" she asked

"Just thinking about the smell of coffee."

She grinned "You're such an oddball."

I smiled as we walked up to the counter. "Go get us a table and I'll order the coffee?" she offered.

"You know what I want?" I asked

"Of course I do."

I nodded and walked over to an empty table by the window. I sat down and looked outside. I liked watching cars. I liked to look at the people inside them. A lot of times the car was a lot like the person. I liked to wonder about who they were, what they were doing, where they were going. I watched as one lady sang along loudly to the music she was listening to. I smiled. I loved watching people sing when they were by themselves in their cars, the way they just lost themselves to the music, not caring if they were good or bad.

I looked up when Taylor sat down. She slid my coffee to me. I smiled at her as I took a sip. She started talking about the new dance she was learning and how she was worried she wouldn't get it. She would, I knew she would and she knew it too but she didn't say it. That's what I loved about her she was an amazing dancer and absolutely gorgeous but she didn't act like she was god's gift. I knew some people like her who acted like everyone should worship the ground they walk on but not Tay, that just wasn't the type of person she was and that was one of the reasons why people liked her.

A group of guys coming over to our table interrupted the conversation. They all had short buzz cuts and looked athletic. Taylor smiled at them. "Hey" one of them said. He was talking to Taylor not me. I might as well have not been there. It was always like this but I was used to it. Guys never paid much attention to me it was always Taylor. You couldn't blame her, she just had this energy about her that guys flocked to.

Taylor laughed her lovely laugh at something one of the guys said. I saw a head turn from a few tables over and I felt the eyes looking over here. I could tell out of the corner of my eye that it was a male. He was staring at Taylor no doubt. I was pretty sure because that's how it usually worked with the guys but for some reason I had the feeling the stare was directed at me and not just at our table. Naahh, he couldn't be? Could he?

I peaked up. He had brown hair and tattoos. A lot of them. To my surprise his dark eyes were on me. He was gorgeous. I blushed and turned away from his stare. The guys had left and Taylor was talking on the phone. She smiled and grinned "Anthony wants to hang out. I'll drop you off at home before I meet him. You ready?"

"Yeah, lets go." I said, downing the rest of my coffee. We stood up and I tossed my empty cup in the trash. Tay grabbed her purse and we headed out. I felt the strangers eyes on my the entire time.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, what do you think?

Lauren's outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/goodbye_to_boring_story_lauren/set?id=32536469