This Night Means Everything

Can yeh speak?

I sat up feeling disoriented and groggy. I raised my arms into an exaggerated stretch and accompanied it with an even more exaggerated yawn. I kicked the blanket off of me and did a ninja jump off the couch. I was so weird and I knew it but I was okay with it. I giggled and skipped off to the kitchen.

I went over to the cabinet that held the mugs and coffee stuff, next to the sink. I pulled my favorite one out. It was a plastic kids one with a blue and pink bear on it. I'd had it for as long as I could remember. Taylor tried to get me to throw it away when we moved into the apartment together but I'd never been able to bring myself to part with it. I pulled the grounds out as well. I put the grounds and water into the coffee maker then turned and walked out of the kitchen.

I padded down to my room. I looked at my clothes from earlier, laying on the floor. I walked past them and over to my dresser. I felt like wearing something else. I pulled out some jeans, a pink and gray striped tank, and a pair of Nikes.

I changed into them and put on some jewelry. I loved clothes. In a way it was sort of my way of expressing myself to strangers without speaking. That and taking pictures.

I went back into the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee, putting in milk and tons of sugar. I took a sip and smiled. I loved my coffee.

After I finished the pot. I went over to the table where my purse was sitting. I grabbed it and swung it as I went out the door. I closed it and locked it behind me. Now where to go. I was thinking the park.

The park was only about two blocks away from my house so, I didn't feel the need to drive. I liked walking anyways. It gave me a chance to take in and think about what I saw. I couldn't very well do that while I was driving. If I was looking out my window, instead of ahead of me, at the old man walking by and thinking about why he chose to wear those socks with those pants then, I would have hit a brick wall or something. I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good wall.

I watched as a man pushed his daughter on the swings. I smiled at them. It brought back some memories of when my dad used to take me here when I was little. He'd always take me no matter what he was doing. He'd just stop and grab my hand. We'd walk together and he would point things out to me. He'd stay with me as long as I wanted to. That was pretty nice of him, now that i think about it. I mean, It must have got kind of boring watching me go down the slide over and over. If he had gotten bored, he never let it show. He always acted like he was having fun too. Maybe he was. I'd have to ask next time I visit.

I walked over to the merry go round. I sat down on it Indian style and looked around. It was nice out today. The temperature was just right and the sky had just the perfect amount of clouds. I closed me eyes and leaned my head back. I listened to the children playing, the birds chirping, the swings creaking, a British guy talking loudly........

I opened my eyes. I know I sounded extremely American when I said it but i loved British accents and I'd never heard one in person, only on TV and stuff. I stood and listened to see if it was real or if I just imagined it. I heard it again and sneaked over to where it was coming from. There was man standing on the sidewalk outside of the park, talking on his phone. I stopped dead in my tracks.

It was tattoo-coffee-shop-guy. He was laughing and shaking his head. He said something to the person on the other line and hung up. He turned his head in my direction. I ducked behind the tiny brick wall separating us, hoping to god he hadn't saw. I looked like a creeper just standing there staring at him talking on the phone.

The feeling of eyes on me gave me the idea that my prayer went unanswered. I peaked up and yep, there he was smirking down at me. I stood and looked down, blushing like mad.

"I saw yeh earlier." he said

I was silent.

"I'm Oli."

I still didn't say anything. I know it was rude but I wasn't good at this kind of thing. I didn't know what to say or how to flirt and be gorgeous like Taylor. Even if I did, my throat was so tight, I don't think I could have possibly gotten the words out. I didn't say a word or look up.

"Can yeh speak?" he asked. I noticed a hint of irritation in his voice. Finally I managed to find mine.

"I have to go." I said and booked it. I practically ran home. As soon as I was safely back at my apartment, I went to my room and threw myself across my bed and sighed. God, that was embarrassing. Sometimes, I wished I could be like Tay. I wish I was able to assert myself and have conversations with men. Like now. I would have loved to have talked to that guy, which I now know as Oli, but I couldn't. Instead, I was stuck being an average looking introvert. Then again, something told me Oli was the type of guy who knew he was hot and was arrogant and used the fact that he could get any girl he wanted to his advantage. It was just a hunch, I could be wrong but something told me I wasn't.

I sighed loudly again. Men were too much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?

Lauren's clothes
http://www.polyvore.com/this_night_means_everything_lauren/set?id=32826087