Status: Trying to fill in my writer's block.....

I Confess that I am broken

Leon

I was beginning to panic. I couldn't fine Leon. I had checked my room and then up and down the upstairs hallway looking in the bathrooms and linen closets. I went downstairs and looked around the open area.

"Leon! Where are you baby?!" I yelled. Then I heard a sneeze and turned to see him coming from outside through the doggy door. "Don't scare me like that baby." He hopped up on my legs. I leaned down and picked him up. He licked my face and I gave him a peck inbetween the ear. "I got you something." I said as I put him back on the tile floor. "Here" I put one on the floor and he sniffed it and sat down and looked up at me."Eat it, stupid." He barked at me. "I'm kidding. It's chicken." He sniffed it one last time and ate it. "You're so picky for a dog." He sat wagging his tail and then turned and went back outside. I followed him and saw he had been with a boy. The boy looked at me and stood to get a good look at me through the wood fence and bushes.

"Hello. I'm Terrence."

"My name is Tahlia." I walked over and stood beside Leon. He sat wagging his tail looking between me and Terrence

"What's the dog's name?" he asked definately feeling awkward but trying to break the silence.

"Leon." he barked twice and I smiled nudging his side with my left foot. I looked at Terrence and was confused at the look he was giving me. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Probably being a perv and checking me out.

"Smart dog. He responds that well? Wish my dog was like that." I was shocked and apologetic at my snap judgement.

"Where is your dog?" I asked trying at being polite.

"He is with my soon to be ex-step mom." I gave an apologetic and shocked face and he started laughing. "Yea. Going through a divorce over here. Not a second though. My real mom died. Veronica was nice at first but she just fell out of love with my dad. I have no clue why I just spilled all that on you." I laughed this time.

"Agreed. But for your sake I'll change the subject by asking why you're not in school."

"I wasn't feeling all that good this morning and the nurse sent me home. I just woke up a few minutes ago on my hammock by Leon.

"I apologize. I swear he thinks he is an alarm clock." I said looking back at Leon who was now just laying down on his back. He likes the soft grass.

"He seems like a goof ball." Terrence said with his head resting on his folded arms on top of the fence. "What?" he asked. I was looking at him weird because the fence looked tall to me.

"How tall are you?" I asked.

"Last time I checked I was 5 feet and 7 inches. How short are you shortness?" He joked. I felt a ping at like my heart and knew I liked him when I smiled and moved my hair out of my eyes to get a good look at him. His creamy choclate brown eyes. His overconfident smile now that we had talked some. The veins on his muscles as they rest on top of the fence. I wanted more to look at since he didn't have a shirt on as I looked across his collarbone.

"I'm 5 feet and 3 inches." I said sheepishly. Leon barked and I rolled my eyes. "Alright. 2 and 1/4 inches." He wagged his tail and I looked up at Terrence. He was laughing and staring at me in a weird and sweet way. I bit my lip and backed away to wave goodbye. His face fell a little and he waved back.