Status: This is a work in progress, yo. :)

The Summer Obsession

I'm a real big fan of yours.

Image

Title Credit: The Summer Obsession.
Plot, Characters, Content © GirlUnobserved(197003).
Aubrey | Keegan | Grant
Image

Three.


He’s climbin’ in yo windows, he’s snatchin’ yo people up, tryna rape—

I couldn’t help but shoot Grant a blank, secretly incredulous stare.

“I’m not sure whether to be creeped out that you sang that, or creeped out because you sang it whilst actually climbing in my window.” I stated earnestly, eyes widening at the raven haired teen as he landed elegantly upon my generic, two-toned carpet.

“You should be proud that I was able to remember the lyrics so well.” Grant countered, smirking at me as he paused to straighten his black rimmed, hipster chic glasses that had presumably been tousled by the perilous journey into my room.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my currently unruly brown locks.

“Why can’t you be like normal boys and serenade me with a boom-box outside my window instead?” I teased, plopping down on my gray, spinny computer chair upon knowing full well that Grant would be inclined to hog my bed.

“Because this isn’t an 80’s movie, darling. Chivalry died, John Hughes did not direct your life, and neither I nor most normal boys are John Cusack, Patrick Dempsey, Judd Nelson, or Jack from Sixteen Candles.” Grant murmured blandly, listing off things that inevitably crushed my inner romantic’s entire hopes and dreams right then and there. It’s safe to say that now is the only time I will ever feel regret for forcing the boy to watch Easy A with me on multiple occasions.

“I’m simply going to choose to ignore you ridicule of one of my favorite monologues and instead am going to point out that as you predicted: it took you exactly fifteen minutes to reach my house, spot on, Dr. X.” I acknowledged, beaming at the beautiful creature literally splayed out across my very lucky little bed.

“Indeed, thank you, Kitty.” Grant replied, his tone utterly gratuitous and riddled with a hint of a fake English accent. There were two things at that moment that kept me from wanting to rip the excellent specimen of testosterone’s clothes off and jump his bones right then and there.

A.) He was attempting to mimic the old, balding X-men professor.

And B.) My niece decided at the most inopportune moment to go barreling into my room screaming about the aforementioned kitty that presumed to be hiding somewhere within my room. Of course she had no idea that Gage was referencing the X-Men member Kitty Pryde rather than an actual felinicus domesticus or whatever the fuck they’re scientifically called.

“She sounds like—” “Boo.”

Grant’s startling ability to predict what I was thinking and finish what I was about to say was something I had never been able to get used to entirely, thus I gasped. If you’re at all an X-men fan, you can now probably guess why I call him Charles Xavier from time to time.

“I love Monsters Inc.” Grant noted, smiling at my three year old niece as she more or less pounced on the unsuspecting boy.

“And I love it when little girls don’t eavesdrop outside my door.” I pointed out, glaring playfully at the pale blonde haired youth, giggling as she hugged my longtime crush.

“Bwee-Bwee~!” My niece cooed, releasing Grant in order to reach out for me. Swooping her up into my arms, I smiled warmly as she cuddled me close.

“Bwee-Bwee, where’s the kitty? Where’s the meow-meow?” My niece inquired curiously, still hugging me as her baby blue orbs darted around the room.

“They’re outside, Kaylee, dear.” I murmured, setting her down on her itty-bitty feet.

Before a pout could work its way onto her adorable face, the moment was saved by the intrusion of another tiny child.

“Sissy, you’re going to get in trouble if you go into Auntie Bree-Bree’s room~.” My nephew warned, suddenly rushing into the room to rescue his sister from impending doom like some sort of five year old superhero.

“Bubba!” My niece cried, obviously just as jovial about seeing her big brother as she was about seeing me. It was normal for Kaylee to react this way, but I didn’t expect Grant to do the same.

“Joey!” Grant exclaimed holding up a hand in order to receive a very dudebro sort of high five. Naturally, my nephew was happy to comply.

“Did you see the new episode of Young Justice, Grant?!” My nephew inquired quite curiously.

“Sure did, that show is definitely too awesome for me to miss!” Grant replied.

I shouldn’t have to tell you how adorable it was that both boys’ eyes lit up and began to sparkle with the love they both shared form comic book superheroes and Cartoon Network shows. Especially not since it didn’t take very long at all for them to break into a rapid, heated debate about their favorite characters and fight scenes within the show.
Although Joey and Grant seemed to fully understand each word coming out of the other’s mouth at a lighting fast speed, all I could make out were the occasional mentions of characters like Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad here and there.

Once the initial bliss of discovering just how good Grant was with kids wore off, I discovered myself having to preoccupy myself with playing with Kaylee in order to distract myself from the oncoming fit of jealousy I was about to have over a five year old boy.

I assured myself that, as selfish as it may be, I would have Grant all to myself soon. But then, the inevitable happened.

“Grant, you wanna come play Smash Brothers with me?” Joey inquired shyly.

Although I pegged Grant for the kind of sucker that would agree right away, he instead turned to look at me as if begging for permission.

“. . .Go, but when you’re done, we are totally cuddling up and watching The Princess and the Frog together!” I insisted, rolling my eyes at the motherly-like behavior I was forced to display on behalf of my nephew and his childish companion.

“Yay!” Joey squealed before sprinting off in the direction of the Wii in the family game room.

Although it seemed as if Grant were eager to follow suit, he instead paused, opting to approach me first.

“Thanks, Beautiful.” Grant smiled and before I knew it, soft lips had made contact with my unsightly little nose.

Both at the sudden tingling of every single pour located upon my nose and at the sudden wave of blood that rushed to my pale cheeks, I grinned widely.

After a mushy-gushy moment like that, it didn’t faze me in the least when Grant sprinted out of my room without so much as a goodbye.

He kissed my nose! Oh God! Oh God! He kissed my nose—!

My mind was having a lovesick Field Day, or at least it was until I realized something.

“Hey, you jerks! Why wasn’t I invited?!”

Naturally my inquiries fell on deaf ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I'm a real big fan of yours
But I'm quite the joke to you
But girl it wasn't a joke when you
Kissed me in your room and replied
"I love you too."
Yourbiggestfan
- NeverShoutNever!

Thisoneissortoffawkin'cute, yay or nay? :)

Comments&Subscriptions?