Sequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished. :)

Six Feet Under the Stars

The Elevator

"In the coffee shop?" Alex questioned hopefully.

"No."

"How about in the alley?"

"Definitely not."

"Public bathroom?"

I scrunched my nose. "Ew, that's gross."

Alex was trying to convince me to quickly jump each other's bones somewhere along the way back to the hotel. I found his eager demeanor and puppy dog eyes very hard to resist, but the risk of contracting a disease from a public restroom slightly outweighed the lust I was feeling.

"Yeah, I know." He admitted glancing sidelong at me in the afternoon sun. "I was just seeing if I could get you to agree to something."

"Not a chance," I grinned over at him. "There'll be plenty of opportunities so don't worry about it."

He sighed, "Okay, I'll trust you on that."

"You should." I told him sidestepping a crack in the concrete. "And there's the hotel; let's keep a watch out for any fans this time."

Alex laughed, "Easier said than done."

Slowly, we made our way up the pavement and under the hotel's maroon and tan striped overhang then entered the lobby at a lightning speed to avoid any potential ambushes. Luckily the fans had scattered like birds before a storm and only a handful had been outside of the swinging glass doors. They had thankfully been distracted by protesting the outrage of not being let in to see the band and ironically missed one of their members walking right past them.

Leaving the pristine lobby behind us, Alex and I entered the elevator breathing a sigh of relief and smiled across the moving box from each other. The mirrors surrounding us reflected the grins several times like a circus fun house.

"That was kind of fun." I admitted referncing our whole afternoon and subsequent date.

Alex laughed lightly, "I'm really glad I met you, Melanie."

"I feel the same way about you." My heart picked up a step as I closed some space in between us. "You're a lot different than I thought you'd be."

"I hope that's a good thing." He murmered while leaning in closer to me and in a moment I felt his lips pressing against my hair.

Embracing each other gently, I felt content just to stay next to him and forget about everything going on elsewhere. It was very private in the elevator and almost seemed like our own private world, one that only existed in between our arms.

I tilted my chin up towards him expectantly and met his eyes which were already looking down at me. Brushing loose hair behind my ear, his hand slid through my hair and rested comfortably on my neck. Alex, being taller, had to lean his head down to rest his forehead on mine and then quickly kissed my nose as I laughed.

His lips traveled over my cheek and slowly made the trek to my ear. Teasing my earlobe with his lips tickled and made me giggle like a school girl with her first crush. "Your laugh is so funny." Alex told me against my skin.

"Good or bad?" I asked for the clarification while skimming a hand across his jawline which had the beginnings of stubble poking out through the soft skin.

He caught my hand and threaded his fingers through mine, "Always good."

A ding sounded indicating the elevator stopping and the two of us both jumped apart startled. We had forgotten where we were and where we had been going; we were just wrapped up in each other. I put some space in between us and could feel a blush creeping up to my face as a cleaning lady entered the confined space with a cart full of used towels and cleaning products.

"Going up?" Alex questioned with his hand poised to press a button for the maid.

"Yes. Floor twelve, please." She said kindly and as she smiled the wrinkles around her eyes crinkled like paper Mache. The bun tightly wrapped on top of her head bounced as the elevator doors shuddered close.

The button lit up in a dim orange glow when Alex pressed it. He leaned backing comfortably on the mirrors lining the metal cage and started whistling Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" from across the way. It broke up the boring elevator music playing over the speakers which was playing at a reasonable volume.

The two of us glanced slyly at each other from between the cart of Windex and bleach and shared a secret smile or two as we rose to a higher level on the hotel. When the doors opened for the twelth floor, the cleaning maid wiped a hand across her forehead and shot both of us a parting smile before leaving to make the hotel rooms spotless.

Once the doors shut us in again, Alex strolled across the middle of the carpeted square and ended up directly in front of me with one side of his mouth turned upwards, "And where were we?"

"I think you were about to kiss me." I told him with a mischevious grin. "Don't tell me I'm wrong."

The only answer I recieved was his lips. Our mouths moved together, recalling the previous kisses. It was like they had stored the feel of our respective lips in memory for later use. His body was flush with mine and we touched at several strategic points along the way down to our toes, where my high-tops rested on top of his shoes. When he broke away, Alex leaned his hands on the reflective mirrors on either side of my head, ensnaring me in between his muscled arms.

"It's almost our floor." I warned sounding slightly out of breath.

"Who's going to care?" He questioned quietly teasing me by not quite touching his lips to mine but keeping them a millimeter apart. The anticipation was maddening.

"Jack will get jealous." I joked while nipping at Alex's bottom lip softly.

Laughter rumbled deep in his chest. "Did you just bite me?"

"A little."

"Carnivore." He accused lightly.

With a grin, I corrected him, "More like cannibal."

"That's a lot to deal with." Alex told me and stole a long kiss from me that made my stomach do unstable flip flops. A hand roamed up from my waist, feeling the curves of my body through my T-shirt.

My skin tingled with joy and all I wanted was more of Alex. All of him actually. It took all the willpower I could muster not to fall into the moment and take advantage of the elevator's privacy for lewd purposes.

Endlessly, the elevator climbed until finally the doors slid apart on the right floor. Alex and I exited the machine with unstable legs and ratchetted heartbeats. With soft fingers, Alex smoothed out part of my hair that was sticking out and I smudged away a lip print on his cheek.

Damn, give us two minutes in the elevator and we nearly rip each other's clothes off.

"I can't imagine what would happen if we had a room and a few hours." Alex spoke wide-eyed as we padded on glistening hard wood floors towards his hotel room. The upper floors reserved for 'special guests' had top-notch decorations that the lower floors seemed to lack.

I let a long breath flow out, "It's a scary thought. Let's just forget this happened for a while; maybe it'll make the coming hours a little easier to get through if we pretend we're not attracted to each other."

"It might make it easier, but I would never want to do that. And that's what I'm talking about. If things progress will you just shy away and pretend it didn't happen?" Alex started to get frustrated and I could feel him closing off from me.

"It was just a suggestion." I explained lamely. "I really didn't mean anything by it. Plus, there's no way I could just shut all these thoughts out. It was just wishful thinking for the long bus ride."

Alex's mood shifted back to normal, "It might make it better. But all the waiting might makes things more spectacular once we get together."

"Spectacular?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It was the only adjective I could think of." He defended with a smile and then bumped his hip into mine playfully, "Are you going to join our tour bus?"

I sighed, "Probably. I think my job as a roadie is pretty much screwed. I feel so left out from all of them. The guys just have a little niche they stay with and don't want to let me in. I thought things would be a lot different."

"You could still work the microphone set-ups." Fishing through his jeans, Alex located his room key and slid it into the designated slot until the light shone green. Yanking the metal handle, the door swung open to reveal chaos on the other side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the commenting support. I really appreciate it. :)
Very affectionate update!
Comments and thoughts? :) Enjoy!